A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Kyntroice ((xelphyn)) Private Thread

Post by mltillis »

OOC: Was trying something different with your introduction but it didn't work out like I envisioned. Should have stuck with the possessed child.

The transport company set up by Sinistra Ealoeth and her companions appears to operate autonomously for the most part. Having been awarded citizenship in the city of Mezro, they are among a very few allowed to legally import and export from the Chultan Peninsula. Not interested in the day to day burden of running such an enterprise, they merely charge a flat 5% fee to the Dezlentyr's operation for use of their services. It appears High Priest Ag handles the annual licensing here in Waterdeep. No mention is made of how permits are renewed in Mezro or by whom.

Aedh Sydan is otherwise a mystery with no mention of him anywhere else in the records. Likewise the heirs of the deceased members are listed as living in the Heartlands. Ag is currently the High Priest of the newly built Temple of Torm.

Asking around Kyntroice is advised to check with Piatran Clothiers in the Adventurers Quarter for a fair price on good clothing.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Kyntroice ventures to the Adventurers quarter to be fitted for an outfit worthy of nobility. But as soon as he gets there he is hit by a sudden realization:
~What am I going to do with the rest of my stuff?~ He wonders.~It wouldn't do for me to tote all of my belongings around like some commoner, especially with my weapons.~
As Kyntroice ponders his dilemma, he looks around the area.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Briefly looking around the area of the Adventurers' Quarter Kyntroice can easily spot and inquire to passerby:

1: Essimuth's Equipment
2: Temple of Good Cheer
3: Madame Garah's Boarding House
4: Amrani's Laundry
5: Piatran Clothiers
6: Home of Rokkek Ingerr
7: Hemmerems' Stables
8: Kolat Towers wizard tower
9: Watch Guardpost
10: The Garrulous Grocer
11: Krabbellor Silversmiths
12: Laran's Cartographers
13: Waukeen's Wares moneylender and pawn
14: The Safehaven Inn
15: Ingerr & Ingerr Warehouses
16: The Beer Golem Tavern
17: Phaulkonmere manor
18: The Waterdeep Daily Trumpet
19: Helm's Hall orphanage
20: Tymora's Blessing tavern
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Kyntroice goes to The Safehaven Inn, requests a room. After a moment of leisure and relaxation to keep from seeming to be in any particular hurry, he stores his possessions in his room and head out to Piatran Clothiers to be measured and priced for good quality outfit.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The Safe Haven Inn

This relatively new three-story stone and timber structure is one of the tallest large buildings in this part of the city. Large
wooden plank signs swing in the breezes at the inn’s second story; their faces are carved with five runes: The elder runes
of Lammath (“safety and shelter”) and Retniw (“camping place”), a Harper’s mark of Safe Haven, and the elvish and dwarvish runes for Safe Refuge. Above the heavy ash-wood double doors on Slop Street, golden letters are set in the stones of the arch, proclaiming the inn “The Safehaven.” (There is a small service entrance off Kerrigan’s Court usable only by the staff.)

Inside, the entryway has two stairways leading up to an open balcony overlooking the taproom. A halfling-sized
desk is set by the left stairwell for guests to be checked in and other taproom patrons to be tended. The large building’s main floor is surrounded on the north side with a massive oak bar and barstools, the wall behind dominated by three large tuns of beer and smaller casks of wine. The floor contains fifteen round tables (seating for six at each) amply dispersed around the room, and four large support pillars hold up the third floor, smaller booths lining the walls and supporting the balcony. The fireplace hearth in the western wall is huge, and its six-foot depth opens through to the kitchen; food is cooked over the same fire, and inviting flames are rarely obscured by boiling pots or spits (though the delicious odors of the kitchen permeate the taproom constantly!).

The second floor is little more than an encircling balcony over the taproom with 12 spacious rooms for 3 gp per
night each; rates are 25 gp for a tenday stay, and no one (unless known and befriended by the owners) is allowed to room for more than two tendays’ stretch. The lockable rooms provide a large bed, table, washbasin, mirror, and small chest for storage; room fees also include a free dinner each day. Each room has a window looking out onto the streets, but there are no window ledges, thus making it a little more difficult for thieves to enter. The first door after the right-hand stairwell opens up to a small staircase to the third floor and the converted suites of the inn’s owners. Inn patrons are not allowed up to the suites or into the kitchen, and little is known about any cellars in the inn. The Safehaven is one of the most popular inns in the ward, its tables always filled by early evening with diners and bar patrons and its rooms quickly filled after that.

Through the diligence of the headwaiter and the unspoken threat of the bouncers, few troublemakers ever disturb the peace here. Many nobles flock to this inn for the sumptuous meals and easygoing company, as well as the nightly musical entertainment by Arkiem Arren. The inn is built upon the site of a former warehouse of Lhorar Gildeggh, the exiled Guildmaster of Waterdeep; many whisper that the bones of many of his opponents rest beneath the inn still.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Late in the afternoon the Safe Haven Inn already bustles with activity. A vivacious raven-haired beauty skips around from table to table flirting with the male customers while taking orders, while a blonde haired waitress does the same without the flirting. A young barrel chested man stands behind the bar paying more attention to the raven-haired waitress than the counter before him. A solitary patron eyes the blonde haired waitress intently.

At one table an exceptionally attractive elven lass sits with a young half-elf girl, having a conversation while drinking wine and nibbling upon a roasted pheasant. The elf lass casts an occasional eye at the raven-haired girl waitress as well.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

~Well, I may as well find out what I can from the peoples' point of view while I'm here.~
Kyntroice beckons one of the servers. "I've come to this city seeking employment, what can you tell me of Vestele Ealoeth and the Dezlentyr shipping company?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The raven haired waitress finishes up with the elf and half-elf, who had just been glancing over at Kyntroice, and skips over to his table. Good afternoon sir. What may I get for you today? She brushes his arm as speaks. At his question she replies. I've never heard of Vestele Ealoeth, but it is a big city. As for the Dezlentyrs everyones heard of them, they must control a quarter of the ships coming into port nowadays.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Any idea how one might become acquainted with with them?" Kyntroice asks as he allows a glance to pass over the two.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Well sweetie.. If it was me, I would just walk over and sit down and start talking to them.. and maybe pay for their dinner and drinks afterward for good measure.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Wha- Oh, no, sorry, I was speaking of the Dezlentyrs. Although... I suppose it couldn't hurt for someone new in town to make a few friends."
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Ohh the Dezlentyrs? Silly me. Guess I really shouldn't go around making assumptions. The waitress replies. Now that's a tough one. Its not like you can just up to their manor or office and ask to see them. You would just get some employee asking what you wanted.. I would guess the best way for a stranger would be to slip into a party or celebration that you knew they would be at... She leans in close brushing against Kyntroice's arm. You've got some interesting questions. But I really need to know. Are you going to order anything sweetie?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Of course." Kyntroice replies. "What's on the menu?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Unless you want stew, the only thing I have prepared at the moment is my honey ginger pheasant smothered in fava beans and spicy potatoes. If that sounds appealing, might I suggest a bottle of Dark Delights to accompany it?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Sounds magnificent." Kyntroice says with a wink.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The watires heads into the kitchen and returns with Kyntroice's order. Anything else I can help you with sweetie?