Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jenara [Private Thread]

A homebrewed world I’ve been working on that dearly needs some people to come in and flesh it out through their adventures. I’m open to a party being formed together, or meeting in game through their exploration, or possibly meeting as enemies. I’d like to keep the character options as unlimited as possible.

Moderator: Namenlos

Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Jenara [Private Thread]

Post by Namenlos »

Lets see a pixie!

EDIT: LINK to Character sheet

http://www.padnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=1480.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Jenara [Private Thread]

Post by Jenara »

So this is what I'm Thinking, I'll stick with the +4 LA.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Sprite ... ies_(Race)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Seems good to me, tough decisions though, -2 LA or the ability to cause spontaneous dancing. Causing flash mobs would be too tempting!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I suppose on a tabletop game the LA would be crippling, but pbp its not such an issue. I have to go with sorcerer!

And yeah, I'll go with the +6 LA

Brilliant given name. Stardust Prettywhisk
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I like this, my interest level is up! I've played within the normal races a little too much, this outside the box has many possibilities.

So you were thinking of Stardust as not your normal pixie correct?

I hope you'll allow me some time to go back and forth with you for character creation, i think that this could be very interesting with the proper planning :D
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Yep she doesn't want to be known as Stardust anymore, and she'll get very upset if anyone calls her it.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

okay cool, i've a concept i'm "bringing to life" for Ms. Prettywhisk, but I think i'll be doing some pixie reading to get a better idea of how to get the setting right.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

:D Sounds like a great plan. Let me knock up a sheet to fill in the boring game stuff, then we can focus on the fun things!

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

So a few dice rolls:

4d6.takeHighest(3)=10, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=10, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=14, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=14, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=11

With: –4 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +6 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +6 Charisma.

I'm thinking
Str: (10-4) = 6
Dex: (14+8) = 22
Con: 14
Int: (11+6) = 17
Wis (10+4) = 14
Chr: (16+6) = 22

Those are some pretty awesome stats. The Con doesn't matter so much..

I'm torn between Sorcerer or Warlock.

Basically: (and I'll expand later)
Stardust trained as a fairy god mother, doing good and making others happy, she was pretty good at it, making people happy made her happy and she was content.

Until one day a Warlock (or some evil chr) engulfed her mentor, stealing her life force and destroying her slowly.
Stardust petitioned the other fairys to act, to take revenge, they refused saying it wasn't their way.

Looking through books of forbidden lore she learnt of making a deal with a demon to give her power to help find this creature and fight him. She cast the spell summoning a lesser demon who offered the young fairy a deal:
She took the deal, and the power warped her dragging her soul into hell..

She tried to hide the change, the anger building up inside her she snapped when dealing with a whiny spoilt woman who gained fairy magic from her father. Stardust did something bad and was thrown out.

She is now in the real world trying to make sense of the bargain she made...

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Thinking it was makes more sense if her mentor was still alive when she made the deal, it was a hasty deal to try to save her, instead of the power giving her a way to beat the evil, it warped her.

She saw her mentor consumed by the very same demon she pledged her allegiance to. ?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

That's good, gives you somewhere to initially start i.e. you have purpose. Would it be alright to say that the demon tricked you in some way, you didn't know you were making a pact with a demon exactly? She made the deal and part of the pact was a sacrifice which ended up being her mentor(all this unbeknownst to her, this demon would be a wily one).
I sort of envision faeries and demons not mixing is why I'm all the trickiness, but there are always extenuating circumstances so it doesn't have to be.
Would you be interested in being part of an evil entourage for said demon in a plot until you can earn a way to sort of break the pact in some way? or would you prefer to sort of start heart broken standing over the recently sacrificed mentor/their grave making a vow? or is their another avenue of approach you would be interested in?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Oh I see the game starting with her standing over her dead mentor cursing the evil that has befallen her.

She will set out trying to find out who killed her mentor, not realising it was the same demon.
How does that sound?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Marvelous, simply marvelous. At the moment I'm imagining a mushroom ring, with a small circle of polished white stone within, next to a river flowing down from a waterfall and in the trees around this setting will be a small Pixie "home". They're personalities are not developed yet, but i'm seeing a dryad and nymph sharing this little glade with the pixie community.

Just trying to paint you a picture for your start :D see how it fits.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

It's a good start for sure.
I'll put forward a few suggestions on warlock powers (warlocks don't have to be male do they? Just Neutral or evil right?)

I'm looking at a Dragonfire Adept invocation, humanoid shape (makes her bigger) any thoughts on that?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I'm looking at the complete arcane for 3.5 edition and it has no alignment or sex requirements, which I totally agree with :D

I'm not seeing the dragonfire adept, is that a different version? if its not too dissimilar i'd be down to try to incorporate it. or am I just missing something? that happens sometimes!

The 3.5 edition will be a good starting point either way, as the lack of alignment restriction gives you free reign to be good, chaotic, neutral or w/e. which I think is excellent for the pixie. Those in the community with you to start will be varying degrees of chaotic, sort of loveable pranksters for the most part. Remember that time Honeydew shot you with a sleeping arrow while you were out enjoying the sun by the waterfall? that little sneak! <--- an example, too silly or just silly enough?