Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jenara [Private Thread]

A homebrewed world I’ve been working on that dearly needs some people to come in and flesh it out through their adventures. I’m open to a party being formed together, or meeting in game through their exploration, or possibly meeting as enemies. I’d like to keep the character options as unlimited as possible.

Moderator: Namenlos

Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jenara [Private Thread]

Post by Namenlos »

I'm trying to find the rights "limits" for in game RP, there are a few obvious(in my mind) realisms to skip over as I flesh this world out. However, I'd like to respect your "sensitivities" as we go forth to make it more enjoyable, I've an example.

Example: Gender Equality. This world is progressive compared to "Earth", however there are stupid people everywhere(lol) and in my mind you are bound to run into someone that will rub you the wrong way, probably sooner than later. Your pixie form is largely exempt from this however your human invocation opens this.

Basically, this is a long winded way of asking if you mind when a guard captain or hiring merchant, etc. questions your abilities because of gender.... Or even opposite to that, if you were to take the form of a male but attempt to go about regular activities as a lady(though you're a pixie so unsure whats normal lady pixie habits :p) only to receive strange looks from say the noble woman you're attempting to help.

Just an example idea, gender issues can be a real life burden for some among the myriad other real life social issues that I'd like to incorporate semi for realism but mostly to get to know your character. This is, in my mind, a relatively "light" issue compared to some of the darker aspects of human life but I figured it would be a good example and chance for you to let me know your feelings on it as well as any other topics that may be"right out".

BTW sorry for taking so long, I've been failing at me duties!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I'll sort equipment tonight if I find time :D
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I was thinking I'd have some stuff up for you soon, maybe an intro with a small map. Just so you can see what it should be like, and to hopefully pique your interest :D
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I just got caught up with the real housewives of harmonia!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

:p
*vanishes*
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I'm not actually 100% sure what that means!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

You said it my friend, not me..
Namenlos wrote:Lol, demiplane of dread or drama? the Real Housewives of Harmonia?
Hahaha

Just spent too long focusing on Mira, that's all.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I've started you a game thread, however I've only typed out a single paragraph as I write this. Thought I'd let you see where I'm headed as well as get the thread open. This is my long winded way of saying that I'm not trying to rush you or in a hurry at all by posting that, I think :D
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Can I ignore the whole "money thing" and give her the items that suit her? Nothing fancy, nothing magical (apart from the pixie bow) and fill her sheet?

I've gone ahead and done that.. Way I see it she'd have what she needs (which isn't much) she wouldn't have human coins, they would be massive for her.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

most definitely ignore it, Pixies don't use normal currency(In my world at least) anyway. There will be an assortment of items about the room when you start if she takes the time to look. I think I'll roll randomly to determine what sort of arrows she carries, sleep, etc.

I think I'll use this thread for your personal knowledge until it becomes enough to require its own.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sounds good for me, well I'm all ready to roll.
Probably won't be posting much over the next few days, Christmas and all.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I'm doing a little last editing for the glade I've been designing, and should hopefully have it up soon. Just a self drawn picture that I'm editing with a photoshop like program and am hoping will convey the feelings the the glade is meant to provoke.

I have no required post time, It's all up to you :P I'll just keep an eye out to see when you place one. Once I'm able to gain your interest I'm sure you will post regularly :D
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I have mislaid the name i said she'd call herself instead of Prettywhisk don't suppose you remember?

As for the matter of her sex.
The whole world of interaction in that way will be new to her, I see Pixies and the like born from magic, so sex and gender doesn't matter in their society. Yes she has caught male humans looking at parts of her and she is curious why, but never asked. She will have no idea when she can change her size the affect her 22 chr will have on anyone!

She won't be offended because just confused.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I can't remember, I found the post saying she doesn't call herself that, but only that. Perhaps you had yet to settle on one?

WOW. 22 Cha, that will be a tough one. There may literally be a time that she has to flee from a town because she is being pursued by the men AND women.

This will be interesting, Tristens Doppleganger is hidden and acclimatized to society, basically it all relies on his RP... You, I'm going to have to be on my toes at first if I want to write it... right. I will try and have your introductory post done by today, this weekend the latest. Holidays and all.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

She is 155 years old, just a young one lol, but with your agreement I will be ruling these years as adolescent(which it probably is) and that she is now 155, an adult. Essentially they grow to just shy of adulthood(ten yearsish from 155) and are sent to the Prime Material Plane(for lack of a better name I'll use the D&D name for it) to begin their lives there as part of any number of small Pixie communities. So roughly(or exactly :D) at 145 she arrived to meet her mentor and begin training.

I'm writing a sort of introduction/back story write now and should have it up soon, IF something doesn't fit what you imagined for her let me know(in case you wouldn't) and we can hammer it out. it will be temporary pending your approval but if it all is good it should be ready for a first post, or correct me and a first post, whichever you prefer :D