Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

TristenC[private thread]

A homebrewed world I’ve been working on that dearly needs some people to come in and flesh it out through their adventures. I’m open to a party being formed together, or meeting in game through their exploration, or possibly meeting as enemies. I’d like to keep the character options as unlimited as possible.

Moderator: Namenlos

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: TristenC[private thread]

Post by TristenC »

He is interested in all their differences and what makes them unique inside and out. He doesn't so much feel like they are cattle... maybe monkees and he's jane-f'ing-goodall but uses them to research roles and mine diamonds instead of studying them for science
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Excellent, I just asked my friend basically the same question. He's playing an Elan Psion, so I was curious how he views actual human reactions and had to ask.

He has no real overriding purpose so far it appears? He just enjoys taking on the role of other people, is sort of how I understand what you're saying, ya?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Basically. He loves the 'story' of people's lives, but doesn't really see it as 'real' in most situations (except when he gets 'too far' into a role and starts to give a shit about his companions like when he 'sacrificed himself in his backstory).

He wants to play the hero, just for the thrill and the 'glory so others will like him and he can reveal his true nature and they'll accept him for what he is. Basically the only reason he stayed with the assassins is because a few know his true nature and his skills are celebrated. He is still very on the fence alignment wise and could easily (temporarily) fall either way...

His only real 'purpose/goal' is acceptance for being a doppleganger, and to learn everything about all races/classes/genders/hierarchies/societies... Hes a sociopathic method actor who is (unfortunately for him) slowly starting to be 'infected' by real emotions :D
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

The tone is apparently being set for "Light" at the moment :D but is apt to change once I've gotten more comfortable, usually the tone of my worlds changes as swiftly as the people involved :O

added a translated version in my game post, probably should have put it here but oh well. It is "The River Driver" by the Great Big Sea, I wasn't able to find your languages known searching your char. sheet so I figured if he knows Dwarven I would just include a later translation :D
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

They were elsewhere in the forum but I listed them today just below hitpoints. I have no problem with the mood shifting. you've seen my Ravenloft game so you understand that I do things in a similar way.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I now have every intention of including Half-dwarves, it just happens this guy is not going to be one :P And please do forgive me, but I really enjoy faking out the players. It makes me smile to have you go one way and then come at you from another.

3.5e does not include Half-Dwarves that I've found, though undoubtedly someones made them some where.

But yeah, sorry if you don't like surprises ^.^
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lol, I can Handle it. I did survive the original tomb of horrors, once... albeit because everyone else died first and my rogue declared " fuck this shit I'm going home."
Did the full playthrough later and only died once ;) but got raised :D
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Oh, and I just realized what you meant by the half orc/ elf guy and that wasn't me :D in regards to your post in the other thread, But they're allowed here as well, heh.

Honestly, we will just have to see, I surprise myself sometimes!
You have been warned ^.-
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

oop, my bad. You and Nocturno have similar styles... and your screen names start with N and are about the same length... I'll keep an eye on that in the future... must have been tired ;)
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I totally just got my own joke. the whole jumping numbly, pimbly thing is totally from Supertroopers "Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I drinking from a saucer of milk? Am I jumping from tree to tree all nimbly, pimbly?" Sorry, but I couldn't remember when I wrote it and now I'm laughing at it all over again >.> ... And if you haven't noticed I have a little Brian Fargo streak going on for me apparently, just can't help it!
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Feel free to explore as much as you want of it the area, btw that's a lot of M's lol. Not really able to go overboard with exploration, I'll try to be prepared ahead of time so that I can get my posts out faster... my procrastination is really starting to irk me.