Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Drav (Forecastle)
"It's magical," Thaddeus replies. "And it's over 300 years old and very dangerous, so no, I am not randomly 'pushing stuff' on it. If it were to become damaged, we wouldn't be able to repair or replace it. And if it is as powerful as the texts say, it could blow a hole into the ship if it accidentally misfired. This is a slow, meticulous and methodical process. It is akin to trying to examine the contents of an egg but without cracking its shell. I haven't even attempted the use of divination spells on it yet, because first I need to ascertain that it won't have any negative effect on the arcane power flow regulators."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Magic is kind of his forte," Jocelyn says. "So I'm going to trust that he knows what he is doing."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Can we help?" Baeros asks Thaddeus but only half heartedly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No," replies Thaddeus. "Not unless you are an expert in Eonian history, the arcane arts, or engineering."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Isn't Ouragana good with Eonian history?" Jocelyn asks. "I mean, I know she is probably upset with what has happened to her, but I told her that I would try to help her out."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"And I'm good at pushing buttons." Baeros says. "Although sometimes the wrong ones." He adds thoughtfully while looking at Jocelyn.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes, but in her current condition..," Thaddeus says, trailing off. He shakes his head. "I suspect she's too upset about the curse to focus. In any case, you needn't worry. Even by myself, I'm certain I can figure this out long before we face the pirates. It's another week just to get back to Narin and resupply."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"After we stop in Narin, I was hoping that we could stop in Mond as well. There is something there, hopefully, that I wish to speak to on certain matters before we continue on," Jocelyn says. She makes no comment on Baeros pushing buttons.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm sure the captain wouldn't mind that," Thaddeus says. "It's a good place to start asking around about the Poison Curse for starters, before plunging into Draskan waters."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, we should probably leave you to your work," Jocelyn says. "Good luck," she adds before she turns to walk away.

(We can just assume that at some point Jocelyn makes mention to the captain about stopping in Mond).
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Drav just silently kind-of wanders off. He is trying to find something interesting to do now, maybe a person to talk to that could fill him in on what -all- has happened here.

(OOC: No need for silent checks, It's more to increase my post length.)
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath puts Thrax away, and goes in search of Thaddeus.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at Jocelyn back as she goes. Still looking at her frame getting away he tells Thaddeus, "You know, Ouragana loves you. You are lucky. She is a mess right now. Maybe you should pay her a visit and encourage her..."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros, Gallath and Drav (Forecastle)
Gallath finds Thaddeus with Jocelyn, Baeros and Drav on the forecastle by the magic cannon.

Meanwhile, Drav looks around, wondering who to ask about recent events. The crew is all busy at work...except maybe the captain and first mate, who are supervising. He could ask one of the party that found him. Except...most of them are younger than 30, so might not be able to give a complete picture. Other than Gallath, that is.

His thoughts are interrupted when Thaddeus notices him leaving and he says something. "Oh, one moment, Drav. Before you leave, I wanted to ask, but I kept forgetting. You said you wound up on that island via a magical teleporter, perhaps from the Eonian Age, right? Do you remember where that teleporter was? If we can study it, it might provide some answers in how this cannon works. They are both Eonian, after all. And failing that, it might have other lost locations programmed into it that might be worth looking into. Assuming, of course, we can find a way to come back."

He looks at Baeros, having only half heard what he said. "Eh, what now? Ouragana? Oh, I'm not sure what I could really say, to be honest. I've never been particularly good at that whole...socializing thing."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Yep. Me and you both... me and you both..." Baeros nods his head. "Are you sure we have time to go and look at the Teleporter device? Maybe the smart way was to test the cannon while still on the island, thus not endangering the ship, and in the meanwhile we could return to the mansion to search it. It seems your crew missed some of the rooms we cleaned up." Baeros says waving his arms describing the shoreline as he explain where they had to make the experiments. "Hmmm... You are too careful with that. It survived hundreds of years, I don't think that if I'll mess with it a little bit it will harm the device. Maybe..." Baeros says and leans toward the cannon tring to look if there are any bumbs or irregularities on it's surface.