Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Dang, Jocelyn is a bit harsh c:)

*Drav walks to Thaddeus, mainly to see what he's doing*
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val and Gallath (Crow's nest)
Sierra climbs back down to the quarter deck and joins Terra there, leaving the elf and half-orc (and falcon) on their own.

Drav (Forecastle)
Drav climbs up to the forecastle and approaches the 'cannon of light' where Thaddeus is. He's got a stack of old books nearby he keeps consulting and pokes and prods at the machine, trying to figure out how it works. When Thaddeus notices the elf's approach, he nods and smiles to him. "Good morning. It must be strange, waking up somewhere besides that island after so long."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"It is, isn't it. At least our toes are pointing the right direction." Val say's with a giggle. "I almost wish the trip was over, but we have a few days left."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

"It will take time I suppose. I have only just left my home of thirty years." Drav says to Thaddeus, "What is it that you are doing up here?"

(OOC: Did I fail my mive silently roll? :D)
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Drav (Forecastle)
Thaddeus chuckles. "It's hard for me to imagine. I haven't even lived 30 years yet." He turns back to the cannon. "I'm trying to figure out how it works. Sadly, I haven't been making any progress so far. Luckily it's a long way off from Draska, so I should have plenty of time before we have to use it."

(OOC: I didn't think he was trying to be silent.)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well, sweetheart, it does matter to me. I'd never hurt you." Baeros says. "I.. I.. you.. I thought I'm not allowed to speak on that." he says shyly. "Or speak at all..." he adds absentmindedly. "The feeling became stronger on the island, and I haven't even spoken to any woman since than. If you mean Terra, I promised her a gift so I had to say something. I just figured it is polite..." He says in both tone and expression no one can argue is fully sincere.
"I apologize." he adds then, opposed to his slumped posture from a second ago, he straightens, smiles in kindness and softly but firmly holds Jocelyn shoulders with both hands, "I'd like to make you happy, safe and pleased. Please don't hold things inside. Talk to me. Let me be there for you."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn glances down at his hands, then looks up at him. "There are some things you wouldn't understand," she explains. She looks a little uncomfortable as she takes a step back from him. "Anyway, didn't you want to talk to the captain?" she asks.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Yes... Let's go." Baeros opens the door for her and let her lead the way. When she can no longer see him, his face fall, 'I can't get to her it seems.' He thinks glumly.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: It was a joke, but don't worry about it Jaded.)

"So what do you plan to do with this thing?" Drav says, clearly not having heard anything about it.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Aye... A few days until we confront the Poison's Curse." Gallath says. "So, how's it going? What were you and Sierra talking about?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Baeros (Quarter deck)
The two head up to the quarter deck and spot Terra and Sierra on the middle of the ship, near the wheel, keeping an eye on things. When they approach, Sierra asks, "What's up? Something you two need?"

Drav (Forecastle)
Thaddeus blinks at Drav, then his eyes light up with understanding. "Ah, right. You weren't around for all of that. Well, I'm not sure if I know all of the details of the story, because I wasn't around for the whole thing, either," he explains. "But it's my understanding that a group of pirates are trying to kill Pastor Blaine, err, Jocelyn. She asked the captain to use the Bullring to destroy them for her. But the captain was not eager to take our ship into battle. You see, a year ago we fought off an attack from the Soul Biters. And while we were victorious, half of the crew died. Our reputation took a big hit and it's taken us this long to rebuild again."

The young mage continues, "The captain had found a strange device of Eonian design on an adventure and we eventually determined it was a map that led to your island, describing a weapon of power called the 'cannon of light.' This thing," he says, patting the cannon's barrel. The captain reasoned that with this cannon, we could easily blow away the pirates without having to worry about a prolonged firefight or losing anyone in a boarding maneuver. So the captain offered the pastor and her group a deal. If they retrieve this cannon for us, we'll use it against the pirates." He sighs. "Of course, that is assuming I can figure out how it works."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm really just a tag-a-long," Jocelyn says to the captain. "But, I think Baeros wanted to talk to you about the treasure we found, and the cannon." She looks up to Baeros, as she isn't really clear what he wanted to talk about.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Yes." Baeros says, taken somewhat by surprise. "Just wanted to check with you on what your crew brought back from the mansion. We cleared the rooms from monsters but didn't check every room for treasure since we were in haste to return to the ship."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Baeros (Quarter deck)
"It's all in a secured room in the cargo hold," Sierra says. "Terra can show you, if you'd like to look over it personally. We didn't check all of the rooms, though. We followed your instructions to reach the vault, went there, and cleared it out. It looked like all platinum, gold and gems."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We are going to have to go through it, and divide it up," Jocelyn says. "I can send Brock down there later to go through it."