Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by JadedDM »

Gallath (Quarter deck)
Gallath ascends to the quarter deck and looks around. Terra is near the center, keeping an eye on things. When he asks her about the captain's location, the dwarf points skyward. Looking up, with his keen elven eyes, Gallath spots the captain and Val sitting together in the crow's nest, speaking with each other.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Unlike Baeros, Jocelyn is fully aware of what is going on around her. Though, since he movements seem innocent enough, she simply goes along with it. "Um, he is your dog," she says. She didn't want to come off as Hopper's master because she wasn't. "Well, the person that murdered him had to be one of the shipmates," she admits. "But I'm not sure how to prove it was one of them."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Twelve winters I guess, good thing the orc half matures fast, and besides, I had Mist, we were good together." Val responds. "We are trying to find our way, but I have been so sidetracked, I missed her so bad."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I'm not sure, but if we could it is probably better to find out the real murderer than just blow off all the crew." he says. "The dogs likes you a lot. You are a natural with them." He crosses his arms and nods in appreciation as Hopper does actually salutes to Jocelyn with out his intervention. Both pleased and amused he looks at Jocelyn's eyes after she straightens up. Hoping the time with the dogs gave her some relief he continues, "I'm glad you came. I didn't enjoy like that in a long time. And training is a lng process, so if you enjoyed as well, you are welcome everyday."

======================
(OOC: This post was delivered twice so I deleted one instance.,, I'm experiencing a bad internet connection today.)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath looks up at the captain. What kind of discussion does it look like they are having? (Body language, etc.)
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That ship is the only place clues can be found," Jocelyn says. That meant sneaking on the ship or purposely getting captured. She didn't know if she would be able to get someone to confess to the murder either. "Um, thanks, Baeros," she says. She had other things on her mind other than the whole pirate thing, but she wasn't quite ready to go into all of that with him. "I'm going to go, so uh, have fun training your dogs."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Wait... I was about to speak with Sierra and Terra about the treasure they brought back from the mansion. The agreement was that the treasures are ours and the Canon theirs. Right? Oh by the way, did you check the Canon? So where are you going? Wanna join me? It sure be better if you handle the talking... I sometimes hmm... insult people unintentionally. Like grandpa Brock for example."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val Urgan (Crow's nest)
Sierra nods. "Right, right...the orca." She chuckles. "Still a hell of a thing, I think. Your group has people with dogs, horses, birds or whatever...but a killer whale? Nothing tops that."

Gallath (Quarter deck)
The conversation looks pretty casual and laidback. They seem to be enjoying the view and the breeze, and are just chewing the fat, so to speak.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: I got lost in the sea of posts. Let me roll a Save vs. Aquatic Coincidences to see if I remember. 1. Crap. )

Drav gets up and walks around his newly found "home?"
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"And me," Jocelyn adds as she opens the door to the hold. "As for the cannon, I assume that they are probably trying to figure out how it works right now, so I wasn't going to bother them too much," she explains. "I'm not much better at the whole talking thing," she admits. "But if you want me to go with you to talk to Sierra about the treasure, I guess I can go with you. Are you just wanting to make sure that they don't take it from us or something?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros face turns green, he is completely shocked, then red and he is full of shame and misery, "I insulted you? How??? I'm so sorry!" Again, anything else flees out of his mind. "Please tell me."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath climbs up carefully. When he reaches the top he calls for Thrax. (I have my glove)
Characters:
Current:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val and Gallath (Crow's nest)
Thrax is usually in Gallath's quarters, sitting on a perch with his mask on. But earlier today, Gallath took him up on deck and let him fly around. He climbs up into the crow's nest, then summons the bird to his glove. With Val and Sierra already up there, it's starting to get a little crowded now. There's just barely enough room for all three of them.

"Well, guess this place isn't a refuge for very long," the captain notes. "I think I better get back to running this ship, before something bad happens. If you two will excuse me..."

Drav (Quarter deck)
Drav takes a walking self-guided tour of the massive ship. The Bullring is incredibly impressive; a new type of ship they were calling a 'galleon.' He has never seen a ship this big before, and yet it is remarkably swift. It just goes to show how much boatmaking technology has improved in the past 30 years while he idled away on that island. It makes one wonder how much has changed in that time.

The ship has a crew of 100 people; it's like a small village. Dwarves make up more than half of the crew, but there are a number of humans and a smattering of just about every other race--halflings, gnomes, elves, half-elves, half-orcs and even a couple of planetouched.

The cargo hold looks to be capable of carrying 500 tons of cargo, at the very least. This thing is ready for battle, as well. There are five cannons on the starboard side and another five on the port side on the upper deck. Up on the quarter deck, there are six ballistae, as well (three on each side). Now they have the magical cannon, too, which is up on the forecastle.

Drav ends his tour on the quarter deck. He can see Terra standing in the center, guiding things. Thaddeus is on the forecastle with the magic cannon, working on it. Val and Gallath are up in the crow's nest with the captain for some reason. It's looking a little crowded up there.

Key:
01. Captain's Quarters
02. Captain's Study
03. Officers' Quarters
04. Armory
05. Ship's Stores
06. Galley
07. Passengers' Quarters
08. Bombard Deck
09. Powder Magazine
10. Head
11. Hold
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It doesn't really matter now," Jocelyn says with a shrug. "But I would suggest that the next time to confess having feelings for someone, you don't go flirt with the very next woman you see after that."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath looks dissapointed, but smiles at the captain and says "Alright. I'll see you later." He turns to Val. "Good day."
Characters:
Current: