Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by BishGada »

Baeros finds it hard to concentrate on the training. Still, it gives him some relief. After a while he remembers the Canon and decide to check if no one is near it, aside maybe Thaddeus. As he reaches for the handle of the cabin door, he is taken by surprise as the door opens by itself and Jocelyn is standing at the opening. "Huh?" His plan to check the Canon immediately gone, in fact proper speaking skills are gone too, "You. Hi. Jocelyn..." he says confused. Then smiles, Then his smile is wiped out. "Hi." he says again. "Ammm..." and he moves back and aside not to block her way. "how are you?" is the only well formed sentence he can mouth, concern in his eyes.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn picks up on Baeros' nervousness, but she decides to ignore it as she steps inside the hold. "Annoyed," she says as she looks around. "So I thought I could borrow your dogs for a little bit."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As time passes, Ouragana's thoughts become darker and darker. The planetar had been right, she was drifting through her life aimlessly. She had no home, and no friends. She wasn't even good at her work. The only nice thing she had seen in months was the glimpse of the plaetar's realm... and the only way there was through death. For a while, she imagines possible heroic deaths for herself, saving the bullring in the process, for example. But then she realises that she would probably mess that up, too. She rolls up in her bunk, eyes and ears covered, sobbing.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Bearos looks at her for a long moment, his features relaxes, then looks at the dogs playing and uncharacteristically speaks calmly, "I understand. I also seek their company when I'm troubled. Please join us. I promise I won't ruin it for you. We were practicing new tricks. Hopper is only a pup but he does his best. Takit is just the greatest dog ever! Right boy?" He smiles, true happiness on his face. He closes the door behind her and leans low on the door creating a small world containing the ones he loves. Jocelyn a step next to him he calls his dogs, pets them and gently pulls Jocelyn down letting the dogs play with her too.

==============================
(OOC: Ha ha, let's see you getting out of this mess Horizon. ;) )
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

JadedDM wrote:Jocelyn Blaine (Aftcastle)
Ouragana thanks Jocelyn for her help. But Jocelyn did not pray for Remove Curse today, so there is nothing more that can be done until tomorrow. With that settled, Ouragana heads back down to the crew's quarters to ponder her options.

After she leaves, a half-elven sailor approaches. Jocelyn has seen him around before--Javos is his name. "That was pretty cruel, wasn't it?" he asks. "Are you a cleric of Octhanus or Renos? I was taught that Octhanians forgave mistakes, but Renosians are the ones who treat you like garbage for being weak enough to make them."

"Hey, back off," Brock warns. "Who are you to tell a pastor what an Octhanian should or shouldn't say?"

Val Urgan (Crow's Nest)
"How many years ago was that?" asks Sierra. "And that seems like a lot of work and unnecessary bloodshed just for sex. Does your tribe not know what a brothel is?"
OOC: picking up on this again.

"It's been 4 or 5 years now, I don't remember, but long enough to realize there is a big world out here." Val replies. "As for the rest.... The raiding to to procure brood men for the brothel. Those who respond to the herbs are worn out rather quickly, those who don't are sterilized and forced into labor. The tribe requires quite a number since only about half the babies are female." She doesn't yet discuss the unspoken question.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val Urgan (Crow's Nest)
"Four or five years ago?" asks Sierra with some surprise. "Aren't you 17 or something? So you left home when you were 12 or 13? How in the world did you survive on your own at such a young age?"

She shrugs. "I can see why you'd leave, though. It makes my own reasons for leaving--that my family was trying to control my life--seem pretty silly in comparison. How did that kind of situation even happen? I can't imagine your people just woke up one day and decided that was how they were going to live their lives from now on."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn gently pets the two dogs before she looks over to Baeros. "This....wasn't exactly what I had in mind," she admits. "I just wanted something, alive, that wasn't going to talk back," she explains with a sigh. "That way, maybe I could get my thoughts in order."

(Ohhh, she'll find a way out of it. )
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I understand. I'm confused too." He admits shyly. "Don't worry. I won't speak until you asks me something." he smiles kindly to her. "Or until lunch time, that is..." he looks thoughtful.
After playing with the dogs for quiet long, Baeros forgetting his promise asks Jocelyn in delight, "Hey, would you like to try and teach Hopper a new trick?"

==================================================
(OOC:
We shall see. Maybe she wouldn't really want to be left alone, once she gets comfortable.
JadedDM - I still would like to have the treasure conversation with Sierra and Terra, hopefully gain back some of the magical items we missed. How did that happen?!? *slap on the forehead* And also play with the Canon. So please don't wrap the chapter too soon. I also would like to believe tomorrow would be a better day for Ouragana ;)
Thanks)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks about ready to ask Baeros what exactly he is confused about, but in the end decides to leave it alone. She plays with the dogs for a little while, and looks up when he asks his question. "....I guess?" she says. "On another note though, you're really hoping that I open up to you, aren't you?" she asks. "Do you really want to know what is bother me?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros emotions are all mixed and surface out, clearly shown on his face. "Ahm..." he says. "...No??" his eyebrows are so high they almost reach his hairline. "Maybe? I just want you to feel better. Sometimes talking does that. But I promised you a quiet place to let you process thing on your own. So only when you are ready." He says reassuringly. He waits a bit and if Jocelyn says nothing he suggests, "So what do you think of teaching him playing Peek-a-boo, or Salute?" he laughs, his voice ringing.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

(So, where are we?) Gallath does something gallath.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gallath (Passengers' Quarters)
Gallath sits in his cabin, in deep thought. He has been incredibly quiet for awhile now. He wouldn't admit it, but he was deeply affected by the fight with the kyton. He had not faced a fiend since...that fateful night, so many years ago. But it was over now, and within a few weeks they would be seeking out the pirate crew his ex-girlfriend joined. What would he do and feel when he saw her again? And what if she summoned another one?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm trying to figure out how to handle this pirate situation peacefully," Jocelyn explains as she looks down at Hopper. "And, uh...Salute I guess?"
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath grit his teeth. He was better armed now, he thought, throwing a glance at his new quiver. He left his cabin to seek out the captain.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well, I think you are too good for this world." Baeros says without over thinking it while holding gently Hopper's leg up when Jocelyn salutes to the dog. "They sent an assassin after you. How could you ensure they won't continue in the same line?" he says, all along continue with the practice and let Jocelyn take the lead when Hopper falters. "You should show him you are his master, be assertive when he makes mistake, and encourage him when he does a good job." After few more salutes he stands and changes his position behind and close to Jocelyn, he wraps her from behind and guides her hands teaching her the movements Hopper already knows. His intentions are completely innocent and he wouldn't even notice their position until Jocelyn smell fills his nostrils and he become fully aware of their state. Trying to back off without making Jocelyn suspect of the effect of their stand had on him he tries to continue the 'teaching' for a moment more and then open his hands and take a step back.
"Ahmm... In any case, they think you killed their captain, right? If we manage to prove you didn't by finding the actual murderer, then you will become safe."