Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Beyond the Veil

Post by chese780 »

"So, what happens if this cannon turns out to be just a light show?" he says to Thaddeus, "I mean, was anyone able to determine if it was an actual weapon?"
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sure." Baeros says to Jocelyn, "I was just curious if you checked the other rooms beside the vault. We found few special items in some of the rooms, but hurrying back didn't check thoroughly the other rooms." He tells the dwarves. "Well... next time we are on the island, right?" he adds in humor.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Baeros (Quarter deck)
Terra chuckles. "So maybe there was some lingerie down there you missed after all?" she teases. "Anyway, I wouldn't worry about what you left behind. With all the gold, platinum and gems you did get, you could probably buy whatever you want."

Drav (Forecastle)
Thaddeus looks at Drav blankly for a moment, then goes a bit pale with horror at the possibility. But he quickly shakes it off. "No, no...no, it surely is a weapon," he says (perhaps more to himself than to Drav). "The text on the map that revealed its location to us described it as a great weapon of power, capable of destroying ships in a single blast. If the text was right about the cannon being on the island, I think we can trust the rest of it's veracity, as well."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

spyguy1503 wrote:"Aye... A few days until we confront the Poison's Curse." Gallath says. "So, how's it going? What were you and Sierra talking about?"
"The past, we spoke about the past." Val replies. "We get a few days rest, then we get to rid the world of Jocelyn's pirate demons"

"Perhaps we can make some head way in finding how to use our new weapon."

With that she climbs down and goes to find the Captain once again, on a mission.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looked between Baeros and Terra, then shrugged. "Well, I think I'm going to go...relax or something," she says.

OOC: I think I'm kind of ready to move on now.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros smiles at Terra, "Maybe... well.. we will never know", then he looks at Jocelyn meaning to suggest they will check the Cannon together, but seeing her face he looks again at Terra. Comprehension suddenly hits him, and he exhales a long 'Ohhh....' A little embarrassed he adds, "I'll go help Thaddeus with the Cannon we found. Jocelyn, are you coming? I think I saw Drav joins the others too."

========================================================
(OOC: Let's just dig a little to the Cannon details. Baeros will try to impress Jocelyn with his "Intelligence" (5). :)
Wow, only now I noticed he is more stupid than impolite. I was confused for long time and thought his CHA was 5...)
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Drav looks back to Thaddeus, "Well, you never told me that it could destroy ships..."

(OOC: "Weapon of Light")
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath shrugs. Women keep leaving his company. Was it the scar? He sighs. He only likes the captain anyway. He spends some time with Thrax, training and playing.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Val (Quarter deck)
As Baeros walks away to climb up the forecastle, Val climbs down from the crow's nest and joins the captain and first mate, along with Jocelyn. Gallath remains up in the crow's nest, alone.

Baeros and Drav (Forecastle)
Baeros approaches the cannon as Drav and Thaddeus are speaking. "Oh, yes, the text claims that the Wyvern used it to blow away ships that trespassed near his island," Thaddeus explains. "And those were largely airships with magical shielding. So I assume against a mundane, seabound ship, it would be even more effective."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hi. So did you figure it out yet?" Baeros joins the conversation. "It seems you work on it quiet long time..."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn lets out a sigh, and follows after Baeros up to the cannon. She waves a bit to Val when she sees her.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val waits and waves as the crowd thins. "Is there anyone on board that might help me find out about this weird trident? I think I need to find out as much as I can before the fighting begins." Val asks the Captain.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val Urgan (Quarter deck)
"Hmm, if you think it's magical, I'd take it to Thaddeus," Sierra suggests. "He has a spell that can identify things like that."

Jocelyn, Baeros and Drav (Forecastle)
Thaddeus frowns. "It's only been a couple of hours so far," he remarks. "It may take days, even weeks of study to figure everything out about this thing."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Which means that we should leave him alone so he can learn as much as he can from it," Jocelyn says.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sure, sure... Do you think it's mechanical or magical? Or both? Does it have a keyword to operate it? Did you try to push stuff on it? What do you plan to do to figure it out?" Baeros asks his face thoughtful and he rub his chin slowly.