A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Namenlos ((Olban of Clansedge)) private thread

Post by mltillis »

Please post your character sheet link in this topic as well as filling out the description template:

Physical Description:
*Name:
*Race:
*Height:
*Build/Weight:
*Hair:
*Eyes:
Complexion:
*Identifying Marks (if present):
Clothing:
Personal Items usually carried:

Personal Information:
*Personality:
*Skills and Abilities:
*Weapons Used:

Background Information:ff
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Re: Namenlos ((unknown)) private thread

Post by Namenlos »

Link to character sheet: http://www.padnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=1479

Physical Description:
*Name: Olban of Clansedge
*Race:Elan(Originally Human)
Apparent Age (if different): 32
*Height: 5'10"
*Build/Weight:180 lbs/Stocky
*Hair: Light Brown(cropped short, if not shaven), darker almost black goatee
*Eyes: Blue
Complexion: Light, slightly tanned
*Identifying Marks (if present): Scarring about his body, splotchy about the face and coming together around his neck and throughout his body.
Clothing: Black arm length shirt worn under his armor, light brown breeches, brown leather gloves and blackened calf height boots. Often wears a dark hooded cloak to conceal his disfigurement.
Personal Items usually carried: A ring strung on a bit of string worn about the neck.

Personal Information:
*Personality: Taciturn, "grumpy", spiteful, angry. May get along well with crowds. groups or people he's around butnone of them ever really like him,whether put off by his strange nature, personality or looks.
*Skills and Abilities:
*Weapons Used: Guisarme(often kept with his horse), Battleaxe +1, Light Mace, Composite short bow.

Background Information:
A trader in the small border town of Clansedge who had done fairly well for himself, mostly trading with an enclave of Elan Psions near to town. Struck by a disease that was killing him slowly and painfully and leaving him unable to make contact with his family, the Psion's took pity upon him and in thanks for his families long service, as well as his amiable personality making him well liked among their community offered him the opportunity to become one of them. Desperate to hold his wife and children again, Olban accepted. The transition did not go as expected however, whether as a reaction to the disease throughout his body or some other unforeseen complication, Olbans body reacted against the process. His very skin seemed to eat at itself, almost as if becoming acidic and left large scars throughout his entire body. Parts of his body thus became disfigured to varying degrees and his voice took on a deep, growling raspy quality before the Psions were able to regain control.
Upon regaining consciousness Olban was shown to have varying gaps in his knowledge, he knew he had a family but only could remember slight glimpses of what they looked like, or his feelings towards them. His reaction to the disfigurement was accepting, less angry than regretful and he appeared to hold no ill will towards the psions, often appearing grateful despite the side effects.
Olban began to live among the psions at this point, though he had some psionic talent his strengths seemed to be more in a martial bent and a psionic warrior was pressed upon to give Olban some rudimentary training in his abilities.
Upon completion of his training Olban began working for the Psions as a bounty hunter of sorts. Anti-Psionic groups make themselves known from time to time and hunt down psions from the enclave, Olban repaid them in kind honing his skills as a warrior as well as his mind. As well, if a member of the enclave went missing, or an item of value Olban would be sent on a recovery mission.
After completing his training Olban is given a large amount of freedom when not on mission for the enclave. He travels far and wide, often searching for something, though exactly what he is unsure of himself. Ten years have passed since his initial initiation and he has not made himself known to his estranged family, and in all likelihood does not even recall where they have lived or moved to, though he never mentions this. At the time of his disfigurement a representative of the enclave visited his family and in broad terms described what had happened to him, stating that he would most likely never be able to return. Olban often sends a portion of any rewards he receives or money he accrues the a representative to support his family.

(Work in progress)

Attaching a picture to give an idea of the scarring Olban has.
Attachments
Olban, base looks.jpg
Olban, base looks.jpg (43.49 KiB) Viewed 6833 times
Last edited by Namenlos on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Re: Namenlos ((unknown)) private thread

Post by Namenlos »

I was not able to find a character sheet that would incorporate Elan and Psionic warrior, probably because I'm just new to this my apologies, so I thought I would include it here. Addendum! you led me to a good char. sheet so i figured i'd still keep this post to keep handy things i may want to look at real quick.

Olban of Clansedge
Elan
Psionic warrior(4)
Male
Chaotic Good

Racial traits/class features
Aberration, Natural Psionic[+2 power points], resistance, repletion, simple and martial weapon proficiency, all armor proficiency, all shield proficiency[except Tower]

Feats:
Improved Initiative, Dodge

Psionic Power
Powers Known:4
Maximum Power Level known: 2
Power DC: 10+power lvl+wis
powers known: level one-Thicken Skin, Force Screen, Bio feedback. Level two- Dissolving weapon.

Gold Pieces: 682
Silver Pieces: 1
Copper pieces: 0
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Re: Namenlos ((Olban of Clansedge)) private thread

Post by mltillis »

OOC: a little retconning here, now that I've had time to ponder your character.

From his vantage point Olban witnesses the pair descend to the washroom that the albino had entered earlier, as he ponders the recent events:

Shortly after arriving in Waterdeep Olban had been traveling down Julhoon Street when he sensed a tremendous expenditure of psionic energy from a nearby manor house. The energy was unlike any he had felt before, strange, alien, and not of this world. Attempting to investigate he found entry barred by powerful magics. So he waited and watched. After a short period, he witnessed a battered and burned elf girl exit. Unable to enter and investigate directly, Olban decided to go with the only option currently presenting itself. He has been trailing the elf girl (Who he now knows is named Navi.) and companions since yesterday, waiting for an opportunity to question her about the event.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Thanks for this, providing me some focus and will now be using this in game. Sorry it has taken me so long to catch this.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

OOC: Jenara's character has already left the tavern, and is a few hours ahead of Olban and the others in game play. Olban can remain with the others for now or go do his own thing if you wish. But it's doubtful that he will find her beforehand. Possible but doubtful.
Jenara wrote:
Namenlos wrote:Hey... He begins.
"You." Navi grabs his arm and points down to where she Vrunar and Mortimer went. "You want to help? To prove your worth?" Not waiting for a response she continues. "There are two men down there about to enter a world they have no idea about, I want you to go down there and help them."

"I don't care what you look like, Until you've met one eyed Jake you have not seen gross, he stepped into a wild zone and well... The results were not shall we say pretty. He's down there in the sewers." She winks. "Go down there and help them, meet me this evening at the Wandering Wemic I'll get you that good beer."

"There will be a passage or a hidden door leads to the sewers, I've told Vrunar the password, if he argues, tell him it's Mother. It will also help if you encounter any... Friends down there." With that she moves to Arnora holding her close. "Hurry."
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I suppose I'm all alone again at the moment?
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

However you want to handle it. Oban can do his own thing during the time frame till he is supposed to meet her. Or he cold have followed the monk and paladin, and would now be with them.. Your call.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Alright, I'll tag along with the monk and pally. Perhaps, He checked the Inn and did not see Navi and thus turned and hurried down to catch up with the two below. If that works for you? I'll add something along those lines to the scene of the crime or would you like to put it in??
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

OOC: Been a bit hectic the last few days. Just jump on in.