Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

Just updated your stat block on the first post of this thread. Let me know if you want to change/add anything. I'll work on the first story post today or tomorrow
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

For gear.

Hoopak on this back, club through one of his belts, one dagger at his belt, one in a boot.

One of the belts has all the pouches attached.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Also I will get you height weight and age, need anything else?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

That should do it. I'd like to hear about the goblin thing you mentioned. I might be able to tie it in somewhere...
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I've been thinking about that for a couple days. I will try to post something for that tonight.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Height Roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4867736/
2d8 → [3,2] = (5)

Base 32 + 5 = 37

Weight: (Roll worked out I was having trouble picturing the weight of someone so small)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4867737/
5d4 → [1,3,2,1,3] = (10)

Base 52 + 10 = 62

Pyros hit the road at 20, found Tendrow at 22, then stumbled around for a bit.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Where the Goblin came from:

On Pyros's journies, he lived through marvelous days, he lived through miserable days. This was one of the latter.

It was ranning, mucky, and dark.

It was midday by this count, and he was approaching a town that had a fire going at every hearth, and the smell of fresh bread was coming from the Inn.

He was covered in mud from the road, and was going to relish the nice hot bath he was dreaming about.

Suddenly, as he was about to open the door to the Inn a ragged group of 20 goblins exploded from the bushes, came charging towards Pyros, but parted around him as they burst into the Inn. Pyros heard a brief struggle, but moments later he saw the group come out cheering and laughing.

They were carrying meats, cheeses, casks of ale or wine, and fresh bread! They had cleaned the Inn out! He marveled at all the food with-in his grasp. And as Kender feet often do, they carried him along with the group. Somehow he ended up carrying a loaf of bread and a 1/4 wheel of cheddar.

On the road he was listening to the goblins speak, and cheer, and realized that it was less different that Dwarven than anyone would like to admit. Once they were in camp noone talked much, they ate, and ate, and ate. Then slept. Pyros thought this was a nature way of ending the day, so he went along.

When the camp awoke, he seemed to fit in, there must have been a loss at the Inn skirmish. For the first few days he got along with grunts and gestures, but started to pick up the lingo. 4 raids later and about a month, the successful group of goblins came to a sudden end.

There was a group of burly sellswords in an Inn one evening. Pyros would have met his end also, but he remembered the common tongue, in the nick of time to not have his throat removed from his neck. The group offered him a position with them as their procurer had been nabbed in the last town for counting the bank's steel for them.

He accepted, but he went his own way once he found Tendrow.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The late spring air was moist and warm and filled Pyros' nose with a sweet smell. Taking deep breath he held it as long as he could and counted. As he walked over the grassy hills he idly cut and shuffled a deck of cards with his off-hand. He could not recall where he had found them but they had been in one of his pouches this morning. It had been days since he'd been in a town and who knew what else he had picked up along the way; he certainly didn't.

His mind wandered to the reason for his journey; a crudely drawn map he'd picked up somewhere around Palanthus. He had spent a little time there seeing the sights, taking in the local music, and investigating interesting things... He never understood why some people got so hung up on owning things... Why they felt like everything was theirs all the time. A few guardsmen went missing their hats and immediately they blame the nearest Kender... Just because he had found an elaborate steel bowl that day he had taken to wearing on his head... well, past was past.

Letting out a huge breath he stopped. Dangit! I lost count! The cards in his hand sprayed out along the hillside around him. With a shrug, he continued on his way. He had another pack somewhere... maybe even two... He rubbed his palms together excitedly... that map! The big red X on that paper taunted him, teased and seduced him. It had led him by the nose for days... maybe even a week! The sun hung low in the sky, but he was almost there... he could make it by tonight... probably...

He crested another small rise in the hilly countryside. A small pond lay nestled in the crook of the valley giving rise to a few strands of thin fog.
Perhaps two dozen bedrolls were laid out around it with as many figures milling around it preparing camp. Checking his map again he realized that either this was it, or he had been reading the entire thing upside down the whole time...

[Ooc: Loved the goblin bandit story :) ]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros checks out the camp from the hill, he looks at the map again. Turning it this way and that. No, no he had definitley went the right way.

As he was reading the map, his nose started to twitch, ah camp fire, camp fire means means camp food!

While trying to smell what was going to be cooked Pyros made his way down the hill side sticking with the trees, counting his steps, trying to think of his best introduction line. This was a ticky bit as typically the big folk don't understand his brand of humour.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

With his mind firmly on food, the Kender made his way down towards camp. Candied yams, a rich wine and feather-down bedrolls filled his thoughts. Perhaps they would have some well-cured ham! He was perhaps 60 yards away when he heard some small commotion amongst the men, and the fire was doused. A sheaf-arrow warning shot landed a few paces away from him and a hearty voice called out Who’s there!? Approach slowly and be identified!

He could see a few other figures had armed themselves with bows and spread out to face him. The sun had just set behind the trees, and the dim light in the sky was just enough to keep his infravision from kicking in. He could see a little bit, and it appeared one of the men was waving him forward.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros assumed the "position".

He tried to make himself look as small as possible, big grin on his face, hands turned outwards to show is empty palms.

"Ho, fellow travellers, might I stop for dinner? I can offer entertainment for the evening in trade for some food that is not trail rations."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As he moves closer, he realizes it is a hodge-podge band of humans and humanoids. There are goblins, a few half-ogres and gully dwarves, and a couple of rugged looking half-elves. There is even a Minotaur sitting in the back, with a ragged scar that starts just above one eye and crosses the top of his snout.

The human who waved him over waits for him in his suit of piecemeal armor, leaning on an odd looking polearm. Kender! he grunts with surprise. Follow me, we'll see the captain... Half of the archers, both half-elves and a human, form up around them as the man leads him deeper into camp. They are quickly joined by a half-ogre with an axe-head the size of Pyros and a goblin with a wicked looking mace. The archers keep their bows drawn but pointed at the ground as they walk.

They quickly come to a man sitting on a large stone near the water. His long brown hair tied behind his neck with a leather cord lays over a cloak that seems to blend too-perfectly with his surroundings. As he turns, Pyros sees his mail shirt glittering dimly in the light. Though dirty, it makes no sound when he moves. What's this, Nev?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

On the short walk Pyros takes it all in. He looks at the Minotaur, and smiles. "I'm going to have to call that one Snout" he thinks to himself.

He says a few quick words to the goblins, mostly asking what is for supper. Part way through the walk, he starts to walk a silver piece on his knuckles, instinctively all of the guards check their purses.

"Oh don't worry my new friends" he says with a sheepish smile. "You large folk and your silly ideas."

He starts to play tricks on the eyes with the coin, which he suddenly stops when reaching the man at the end of the walk.

Pyros dusts off his pants, pats down his shirt. and asks "When's dinner?!"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

His procession through camp caused a small stir of interest. The goblins look at him quizzically, probably wondering how how learned their tounge. One of the half-elves nodded appreciatively at the coin-tricks, but maintained a resolute watch on him. Several other heads turned as he passed. Once to the 'captain' the whole of the camp had its attention on Pyros.

Not one to shy away from attention (unless neccesary) the kender asks his question. At the leader's own inquiry, the human that led him through the rag-tag group salutes in a casual but respectful manner. Sir, he approached the camp, asking for food... we... well you know we can't turn him away... the man finished in an anxious tone.

'Snout', as Pyros had dubbed him, had been sharpening a sword the size of a doorjamb, though it was probably only a 2-hander for the bovine, and watched with the anticipation of a hunting beast. Looking the kender over the (apparent) leader muttered something that sounded like 'curiosity killed the kender'; though said with apathy rather than malice. After a long moment he spoke. Feed him... and watch him, Pyros felt the unspoken order hung in the air.

The crowd slowly dispersed and the first human who had waved him in (so hard to keep track of them) motioned him to follow, Grub's this way.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros starts to talk very fast as he gets excited about dinner!

"Well aren't you kind fellows! What can I do to repay you? I have cards, I have all sorts of things" He says as he quickly goes through some pockets and pouches.

"I could re-enact my Uncle Tas' untimely demise at the foot of chaos, or we could play toss the Kender, to see who really is the strongest of you big folk, nothing like being launched into my weekly bath"

"What brings you folk out this way, you seem like a very diverse bunch. Do you also have a maaadness for wandering?" Pyros stops himself from saying the full word Map.