Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Mira Rhelarwen (Jenara)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Mira Rhelarwen (Jenara)- Private Thread

Post by Jenara »

Drawing the dagger from her belt Mira lunges at the creature and backs away slowly, heading first to her weapon, she doesn't say a word.

And misses.
1d10+3=8, 1d20=3, 1d4=2
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

At the loss of her short sword, Mira pulls her dagger from her belt. Again the draconian tries to knock her weapon away, but she is prepared this time and he doesn’t even come close. In return she slashes at the beast. He too is being more cautious and evades her strike.

She gradually backs away from the road and towards the bushes where her short sword should be. The ground is flat here and the damp night air is beginning to take a bit more of a chill than before. A light haze has begun to spread throughout the park. Though the bush is nearby, Mira would have to hazardously divide her attention in order to search it.

Surrender, he growls, and you won’t have to be killed! A reptilian claw punctuates the last word by scratching her across the upper arm. Though the wound is small, it is quite painful.

Behind the tree to her right she hears the second draconian gather himself up from the shrubbery.

[A&I R4?]

==========
Init
D1: 1d10=5
Mira: 1d10+3=8
D2: No action

D1 (attk 1) attempts to disarm Mira: Disarm (+2 AC, -4 to hit)
Need 13 to hit. 1d20-4=2 Miss
(attk 2) Strikes at Mira. Need 13 to hit. 1d20=19 Hit for: 1d4=1

Mira Withdraws to where her short sword landed and attacks D2 with her dagger.
Thac0 19 vs AC2=17 to hit. 1d20=3 (+2 to AC for D1’s disarm attempt) =5. Missed.

D2: shakes off being stunned. No other action this round.

Her shield spell will last for another 16 rounds
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving back once more Mira shouts loudly "bind you bind, hold you in place and fry you!"

Casts web centred on the creature in the tree, with the web extending sideways along the park to encompass the other dragon man if she can, and making a wall of webs between her and them.

Init 1d10=2 casting time 2
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Backing cautiously away from the two draconians, Mira spots an opportunity to use the nearby trees to her advantage. In a desperate attempt, she tries to get a spell off while in melee combat. Her natural quickness allows her to pull it off just in time! A web springs up between two large trees nearby. The previously stunned draconian must still be a little groggy because he is thoroughly ensnared. The second is more nimble, however, and leaps forward to attack just as the strands of gossamer glue appear behind him.

I’m through fooling with you, human! Now you will die! The dragon man claws at her with both arms, but only manages to land another small scratch on her right shoulder. His demeanor turns much more serious and a grim determination shows on his scaly features.

[A&I R5?]

==========
Init
Mira 1d10=2 casting time 2 = 4
D1 1d10=5
D2 1d10=9

Mira withdraws backwards 20 feet and casts web between 2 trees trying to catch the draconians.
D1: Save vs spell (-2 web, +2 spec def) needs a 12: 1d20=20 Saves and avoids web.
MR20%: unnecessary.

D2 save vs spell. Needs a 12
1d20=11. Failed. D2 is surrounded by the web.
MR20%: 1d100=66. Failed. D2 is stuck.

D1 follows and attacks Mira
(Attk 1) Need 13: 1d20=16, 1d4=1. Mira is scratched for 1 dmg.
(Attk 2) Need 13:
1d20=2, 1d4=3. Miss... badly.

D2 struggles to get free, but cannot.

Her shield spell will last for another 15 rounds
Her Web spell will last for 80 minutes
Attachments
Mira Palanthus ParkR4.jpg
Mira Palanthus ParkR4.jpg (117.22 KiB) Viewed 10808 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Never! your kind will be driven from this world, you don't belong." She shouts, her voice falters, the confidence falls for a short moment as her dagger misses again.

1d10+2=8, 1d20+2=12, 1d4=3

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The draconian begins another spell, but a minor hesitation on his part allows Mira to strike first. She slashes hard with her dagger. However, it's a glancing blow that skitters across his scales. Immediately afterwards he finishes his incantation and blows a pinch of fine sand out of a reptilian palm.

The dust sparkles, charged with magical energy, and spreads out in a cloud around her. A heaviness settles on her like a warm wool blanket. Her body moves as if under a delay and her limbs feel increasingly weighty. The dragon man watches her warily, waiting to be sure his spell takes effect. Mira opens her mouth to speak, but her mind and body prove uncooperative as she falls first to her knees, then onto her face. The cool damp grass feels like a prickly featherbed as she drifts off to sleep.

She opens her eyes. The air is cold here along the rocky coastline, the waves lapping gently at the shore; kissing the edge of her boots. ...shore? Something's not... She tried to think clearly, but it was as if her head were stuffed with wool. It clouded her thoughts like a fog. Fog... a dense fog had suddenly settled on the stony beach, limiting her vision

Something was coming! The scrape of claws on stone approached. She could scarcely make out the faint sound through the light breeze that played with her hair and whistled by her ears. Slowly from the mist emerged a enormous wolf with fur the color of the fog. A low growl arose and hunger burned in it's eyes. Eyes that were so pale a shade of blue they too seemed made of mist.

She stepped back with a splash. The water! Mira knew she was no great swimmer, but she doubted this thing was either. It was just far enough away, she should be able to make it... Turning sharply, she threw herself towards the water. It deepened abruptly not far from the shore, and soon she was unable to touch the bottom. She paddled as best she could, but something insidious in the back of her mind kept bothering her. Like knowing there was a worm in the apple you were eating.

Where is my gear? Out of nowhere a weight dragged her beneath the surface; as if thinking of her pack had somehow caused it to suddenly appear! A desperate breath was all Mira had time for before it dragged at her and she sank like a stone to the murky bottom. She felt rather than saw the tendrils of rough water-weed entwine her hands as she struggled to slough off her bag.

A fire welled up in her lungs as her breath ran out. Struggling violently against her bonds, she jerked desperately at the unseen thing that bound her. Can't ... hold... her air shot out in a burst and the reflexive gasp pulled in a lung-full of watery air. Air? she thought groggily. The scratchy dew-damp grass pressing into her face stirred her to wakefulness. She heard voices arguing nearby in a harsh tounge. Gradually she came-to and found herself on a bed of rough green. Her hands bound behind her back around her pack. A heavy fog had settled and three figures stood a few feet away. Something glittered dimly on the ground between them... her shortsword.

==========
Init
Mira 1d10+2 = 8
D1 1d10=8 +1 casting time = 9
D2 is stuck

Mira atttacks D1 with her dagger. 1d20+2=12. Miss.
D1 casts sleep behind Mira so she is the only one in the area of effect.
2d4=5. 5 HD of targets affected
Mira falls asleep.

[Ooc: sorry for the long post]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(missed this for some reason)

Mira struggles as hard as she can, her head heavy everything feels like a deep fog was shrouding her, her body wouldn't react to her demands... What had they done to her?"

Fighting the rrising panic she tries to open her eyes and repeats a mental exercise, fighting to bring her brain to the present, 'I am Mira.. I am me.. I am me." Unable to do much else she keeps her mind focused.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[ooc: yeah, I do that too sometimes. I’ll read a new post, then get going on something else and forget all about it; wondering what’s taking everyone else so long ;) ]

Repeating her affirmation to herself, Mira gradually works her way to a state of wakefulness. Now that her head has cleared a bit, she can see and hear things much more clearly. The three figures are obviously the draconians from before. One seems to be trying to scrape off some kind of sticky substance, probably from the webbing, while another has a makeshift bandage around his stomach. It appears they found a way to free the first without ending the spell.

The three are arguing quietly. … and that #%^&#@! Webbing is still up… should have burned the blasted thing… the sticky one complains. Burned it with you in it you mean! the injured one retorts. At least it’s hidden by the fog now. You want to light a bonfire so the whole city knows we’re here?! Shut up, you two. Keep your ears open and your mouths shut! Why didn’t you kill that one? the last says gesturing to Mira without looking in her direction.

And I suppose I should have left her bleeding in the grass where anyone could see her? I had to drag her carcass fifty yards! You think I’d have done that if I didn’t have to? What’d you do with yours? the wounded one demands in a hushed voice. Same thing you should have, idiot. I stuffed the body in the bushes behind a tree. It’ll be days before anyone finds him. Thank Thakisis for this fog… he makes a sign with one claw.

The injured draconian seems about to continue the argument when a cracking sound not far off snatches their attention. The last dragon man, presumably the leader of the group, casts a serious gaze in the direction of the noise. Go see what that was… and kill it… And hide the body this time! The other two nod and creep quietly into the mist. None of them seem to be aware that Mira is awake yet.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Satisfying herself with the fact her web actually had some effect Mira tries to test how tight the pack was tied to her. While scanning the area as best she can.

Where had the fog come from? Had she actually been out that long..?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mira struggles against her bonds quietly, and discovers the pack is tied fairly tightly. She could probably work her way loose eventually, but it would take time. If she had something to cut her bindings with, however...

She knew the night had been growing hazy, but the fog must have settled fairly quickly... or she had been taken further away than she thought. Her shield spell was gone, so it had been at least fifteen minutes. From what she new of the sleep spell, it was probably not more than a half hour. Since she had heard her web was still functioning, it was definitely less than 80 minutes.

A scream of true agony explodes from the silence in the direction the dragon men had gone. The last one draws a short sword from his side and squints into the wall of white, as if it could be penetrated by sheer force of will. Taking a tentative step forward he mutters some arcane language and vanishes from sight. She strains to hear anything else, but her pulse is beating so heavily it drowns out anything useful.

[Mira makes a spellcraft check for a spell she hasn't learned (sleep). 1d20=2 pass. Mira knows the appx duration of the spell.
Det Noise: 1d100=99

[Ooc: I feel like I'm doing a lot of rolls for you. I hope that's ok. I just think sometimes things move faster if I can go ahead and incorporate them into the post. I usually only do it if it is going to be a free-action]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira twists her right boot sideways trying to contort herself to access the knife she has secreted there, it was surprising that no one had searched her person but she wasn't going to kick the fairy in the mouth.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mira strains and stretches herself to her utter limit in an effort to reach the dagger in her boot. Muscles aching and cramping in protest, the tip of her middle finger curls around the ball-ended pommel of her knife and coaxes it from her sheath. Grasping it desperately she twines her fingers and wrist around in an attempt to cut the binding cord. It is tough, almost like sinew, and digs into her flesh as she works.

Another cry of anguish pierces the night, ceasing her work only momentarily. The sound is shortly followed by an echo of something brittle shattering. It doesn't sound very far away; though the precipitation could be having strange effects on the sound as she knew it was wont to do.

==========
Mira tries to reach her dagger in her boot with hands tied behind her back. Dex check at -2. Need 10 to pass.
1d20-2=6 pass
[Oops. I meant to apply -2 to the skill check not the roll... oh well, it doesn't matter, she passed anyway. ]

Det Ns (30) 1d100=59 Mira hears a scream and a breaking sound, but no other details.]
[Ooc: 'kick the fairy in the mouth'? I'll have to remember that one ;) I presume it's something like inspecting gift-horse dentistry...]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Trying to ignore the twitching in her hand Mira moves as quietly as she can and grabs the pack, holding it to her side as best she can for now. Taking a deep breath she inches towards her sword, if she thinks the creatures might be moving she'll lay back on the ground and slide her arms behind her form.
------------------------
TristenC wrote:[Ooc: 'kick the fairy in the mouth'? I'll have to remember that one ;) I presume it's something like inspecting gift-horse dentistry...]
Thought I'd be different.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mira finishes sawing through her bindings and tries not to think how much the snap sounds like the breaking of a cat-gut string on a lute; or what the material truly was. Cautiously she makes her way towards her fallen short sword, ready to feign helplessness at any sign of the draconian's return. Indeed, she is but a few feet away when she hears staggering footsteps approach. Throwing herself down she attempts to appear as if she is still tied.

The last dragon man to leave stumbles back into sight, eyes staring in a complex mixture of horror, pain and disbelief. Dark blood runs from its face and side, and the creature’s right arm is missing below the elbow as if it had simply been torn away! It turns towards her and opens his reptilian mouth to speak, but only black blood issues forth from those scaly lips. Her enemy reaches desperately towards her for aid, but topples to the ground with a thud like a felled tree. Scrambling past him she snatches her short sword from the grass. The form of the draconian begins to quickly wither away like meat desiccating rapidly. Before the flesh begins crumbling, however, she sees the marks on his head and side more clearly. It looks like the teeth and claws of beast… bigger than anything she had ever seen…

==========
Jenara said:
TristenC wrote:
[Ooc: 'kick the fairy in the mouth'? I'll have to remember that one ;) I presume it's something like inspecting gift-horse dentistry...]

Thought I'd be different.
Cute... and violent... I like it ;)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Holding the blade aloft Mira steadies herself, planting her feet firmly on the ground trying to block out the hideous sight before her. She had no time to check her gear, the only thing that mattered right now was survival.

Thanking the gods and Mr Magnificent who caused her to take precautions in the first place she starts to move away from the clearing and around the creature. Her eyes had barely adjusted to the low light, one trip or one stumble and she'd be finished.

(Mira moves at 1/4 speed with her sword drawn heading west away from the creatures.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi