Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Demiplane of Dread OOC Chat

Post by Jenara »

What rules system are you using? I'm assuming 2e?

And ive settled on Mira Rhelarwen
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Demiplane of Dread OOC Chat

Post by TristenC »

Yes, 2e AD&D. I just posted general rules in the new, appropriately named thread and I'll be adding additional specifics for this campaign momentarily.

Thanks for your interest! Recruit others if you can/care to. You're the first one so far :)

Also, apparently your character will have been in Ravenloft for about a month or so (5% chance, that's pretty lucky). I'll work up some background info that she has for you and post it here. It won't matter until after you finish character creation, so don't worry about including it into your personal history. I'll work it in based on that info, though.

Also since you are playing a Bard you will start at level 4 with 5000. XP. Use the PHB guidelines for bard starter spells.

If your bard opts for a +1 magical musical instrument it will mean:
+1 to any ability/skill check for which it is used
-1 to opposing saves when the instrument is used to affect others (spell-like and mundane)
+1 to saves made by the item
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I know my way around a Cleric, and I can do that if we do not find a healer.

I would like to try a thief.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

So far no full-time thieves or clerics, so either would be very valuable :)

One option, perhaps not mentioned elsewhere, is the Kender cleric/thief; which I will allow only for Kender halflings (since they're half 'handlers' anyway). If you choose this opton, use the 'complete gnomes and halflings' hanbook for stat adjustments; and i can provide 'hoopak' stats.
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

I'm looking at a few different ideas/concepts, like a Forgotten Realms Specialty priest...so I could double down as a back up thief, warrior, or mage.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I am currently running a priest/fighter in my RL gaming group, who is a priest of the god of Strength, from the Priest book.

If possible I would like to stay away from the cleric class, as I have played a few now.

But since I know the role, I will multiclass to it if the group needs it... and we all know we need every heal we can get...
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Whatever you want to play most is good, I have an NPC lineup to keep you from lacking in almost any areas. ;)

...so long as you trust the right NPCs :lol:

So far we have a bard and a thief/mage (poss ftr/thf/mg instead) so it's really no problem any directon. Feel free to explore your deepest whims and decadence... how often do you get to try a Kender or qualify for paladin (cough*thefallenson*cough)

As some stupid cartoon (i'm sure) once said; "Follow your heart!" (Or spleen, or whatever... :) )
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Looking at a specialty priest of Mielikki, a half elf Druid/Ranger.
Str:13 Dex:16 Con:14 Int:12 Wis:14 Cha:15
The class combo is listed in Faiths and Avatars on page 115.

Or the Inquisitor from the Paladin Handbook.....with the regional kit from Nimbral in Warriors and Priests of the Realms page 37, giving him Bard spell progression starting at level 3. That's double kitting, but Faerun's regional things can be taken with a regular kit, if the DM allows.
Str:14 Dex:12 Con:14 Int:14 Wis:13 Cha:17
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

So, as posted in the general rules forum, I'm only allowing one kit/char. (And if it's a Multi-class char it must be a Multi-class kit that matches). Since the druid-ranger you noted from FR is just a supported Multi-class option, it is available.

The double-kit option is not possible. You could take the Inquisitor OR the Nimbral (I have researched them) but not both.
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Too easy boss, looks like the ranger/Druid is the choice for me!!!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

*steeples fingers Monty Burns style*
Eeeeexcellent

It seems we have a few Multi-classers. In the PHB for Multi-class hps it says to round down... this can be pretty rough on MC rogues and mages.

In this game I'll have you roll the hps for the class level, then divide by the number of classes you have (as normal) but you record the fractions, they just don't count towards your hps until you get a full one. Kind of like Zelda... everybody has played Zelda, right?

I'll add this to the rules section as well.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

When you say 5k xp, is that per class if you multiclass or per character?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

5k total, so the Druid/Ranger would be level 2/2 (2500 xp each).

Individual awards that are class based (casting, use of thief skills, etc) will not be divided among the classes, but applied only to the class in question.

If the other player I've been talking to goes for ftr/thf/mg he would be lvl 1/2/1, (1667/1666/1667 xp) but only about 333xp away from a fighter lvl up. Also, each class would qualify for the individual class xp; so it's kind of like triple-dipping... though regular xp would be divided evenly. That way Multi-classers don't get left in the dust too badly lvl-wise.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Thanks, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

So far everyone else seems to be multi-class so this may entice me to go with the kender you mentioned.

Thinking about the kender from the books it could be interesting.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

2 of the three, yes. All but the bard :) which is kind of a half rogue/caster anyway... this is going to be one sneaky group :)

I can see it now: everyone taking turns trying to open locks, checking for traps, being quiet... aaaaaand then the Kender waltzes up to a door and opens it without thinking, setting off a trap! :lol: The sacrifices we make for good roleplay :D