Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

WotL OOC Thread II

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

Haahque
Knight
Knight
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: WotL OOC Thread II

Post by Haahque »

Yeah, only 20 or so merchants from Haven.

Including Kendra's husband.
I'm sure she'll be glad to hear this news.

Time for a breakout? Sounds like it's doomed to failure unless you have some gnomish ingenuity. Count me in.
Veni Vidi Vici
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Haahque wrote:Yeah, only 20 or so merchants from Haven.

Including Kendra's husband.
I'm sure she'll be glad to hear this news.
I don't know if Arulia's father signed it or not, but...ruh roh.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

You'll have to see what word comes out from Tethys of course, maybe a quick rescue from public execution might be in order, swinging in on ropes and swooping Gregeddin off to safety. Or assassinate the Prefect if he's present. Never short of dramatic ideas, better then the bard rotting away in his cell
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

chese780 wrote:I don't think I signed it.
You hadn't joined the game yet when it was signed.
chese780 wrote:We can -totally- handle the Dragon army... right?
Sure. There's only 5,625 of them in the city. And three red dragons. And the clergy. And a high level black mage.

:P
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

JadedDM wrote:
chese780 wrote:I don't think I signed it.
You hadn't joined the game yet when it was signed.
chese780 wrote:We can -totally- handle the Dragon army... right?
Sure. There's only 5,625 of them in the city. And three red dragons. And the clergy. And a high level black mage.

:P
I can handle the dragons and the mages.

Forgetting I have fire resistance?

I'd imagine that if I took a full sky fire blast like that person in the end of one of the chapters, the army wouldd either piss themselves, call me chosen, or just try and kill me more.

Also, are you sure there are 5,625?

*Illusion up an army twenty times larger, get the dwarves, elves, and everyone to join in too.*

Yup. We can handle.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"I'll take the 1000 on the left, you take the 1000 on the right and Tulbas can take the 1000 in the center."

"There's 5000 of them and only 3 of us, we need 2 more people."
Veni Vidi Vici
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Haahque wrote:"I'll take the 1000 on the left, you take the 1000 on the right and Tulbas can take the 1000 in the center."

"There's 5000 of them and only 3 of us, we need 2 more people."
*Ne-Chanz bull rushes through the line*

I only see 2000 total.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

chese780 wrote:Forgetting I have fire resistance?

I'd imagine that if I took a full sky fire blast like that person in the end of one of the chapters, the army wouldd either piss themselves, call me chosen, or just try and kill me more.
I didn't forget. But resistance is not immunity. You just get a +3 to your saves.

An old red dragon deals 16d10+8 damage with its breath weapon. If you save, you only take half damage. But even if you were immune to fire, consider that they deal 1d10 damage with claws, 3d10 damage with bites and can cast spells at 9th level.

So if you think dragons can't hurt Felran, he's in for a big surprise if he ever picks a fight with one. :lol:
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Here's the plan.

We convince ALL the Elves, Dwarves, Gnome, etc to come an join us.

While the army fights with us, Grubnick and I can handle the Dragons and the high mage while Kendra, Arulia, Ne-Chanz, and Shima fight the 5,625. That's 1407 each. Then, Greg and Tulbas can fight the clergy while Greg inspires our army.

What can -possibly- go wrong?

Inb4 What's-her-face the black dragon decides to join in.

@Jaded, I was talking about the guy who swooped in and called down fire on people.

http://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 635#p66635

Plus, never said i was immune. Also, is it possible to pick up a level in another class and just not furthering it?

I know it's a 5e thing, but I never knew if you could just choose not to level up a specific class.

Also, Red dragons are CE right?
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick is immune to normal fire :D but dragon-breath counts as magical... his protection results in half-damage from that (unless I make my saves, right?)

He is also immune to suicidally foolhardy plans... unless he thinks the benefit outweighs the risk...
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

I got ONE more suggestion.

Lets see. Dragons are myths (except Red/white ones), but would anyone remember stories of the others?

Can the Draconians handle their own against dragons? Doubt it. Here's the plan.

At the end of this ark, I'm going to run off and find a Gold dragon. Because War of the Lance involves Draconians (Corrupted eggs of the other dragons) I'm pretty sure the Metallic Dragons will intercede. All I need to do is to convince the Gold dragon to amass its brothers (Silver, Gold, Bronze, etc.) to fight off the army.

Dragonlance Info stuff.
Gold dragons are wise and knowledgeable and are considered beautiful and regal. They live in any condition in stone domains. Gold dragons dislike killing, and will only do so when provoked. Gold dragons aid in any just cause.

Silver dragons are friendly with humans and commonly interact with them, even taking their shapes for long periods of time. They work well with riders and readily fight against evil. They are skilled fighters but are not particularly aggressive. They make their homes in mountains. They are respected by the Solamnic Knights for their work with the ancient hero Huma Dragonbane.

Bronze dragons often participate in the affairs of mortals. They love animals and protect living beings. They dislike hunters, trappers, and poachers because of the nature of their work. They live near lakes or oceans, where they can eat fish and water plants. They enjoy battle and study warfare and tactics. They are valiant in battle and retreat rarely.

I bet you that 10 or more old/elder metallic dragons can rip Tahkisis + the army a new one.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

chese780 wrote:Inb4 What's-her-face the black dragon decides to join in.
Do you mean Khisanth/Onyx? The Heroes of the Lance have already killed her at this point.
chese780 wrote: Also, is it possible to pick up a level in another class and just not furthering it? I know it's a 5e thing, but I never knew if you could just choose not to level up a specific class.
No, there are two kinds of multi-classing in 2E. The standard kind where you have multiple classes at the same time and you divide up your XP among them evenly, like Drav in Lost Souls.

There's also dual-classing. This is where you stop leveling in your original class and begin leveling in a different class instead. You get to keep all the stuff you got from your original class, but you can't level up any more in that old class.

What you are describing is called 'class dipping,' which is taking a single level in another class. There's no mechanic for that in 2E.
chese780 wrote:Also, Red dragons are CE right?
Correct.
chese780 wrote:Lets see. Dragons are myths (except Red/white ones), but would anyone remember stories of the others?
I'd allow anyone who specializes in ancient history (specifically the period of time when dragons were still around) to be familiar with the idea there were other kinds of dragons.
chese780 wrote:At the end of this ark, I'm going to run off and find a Gold dragon.
Heh, and where will you begin your search? Nobody has seen any in over a thousand years, remember.
chese780 wrote:...Draconians (Corrupted eggs of the other dragons) I'm pretty sure the Metallic Dragons will intercede.
Felran wouldn't know that, though.
chese780 wrote:I bet you that 10 or more old/elder metallic dragons can rip Tahkisis + the army a new one.
It would take more than just 10. The dragonarmies have old and elder dragons, too. (Unless you meant, specifically, the forces occupying Haven and not the entire army, in which case, yeah, that would be more than sufficient.)
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Well, to achieve a 1 on the Henderson Scale of Plot Derailment, I just need to beat up that Velda-whoever it is.

Also, I can piece together that something is fishy if I chat with said dragon and he's like "Wait, Draconians? Never heard of them."

Where to start my search? Sneak into the private library of the clergy. Duh.

If all else fails. We still have:

The Great-Great-Great Wyrm and his 107d20 breath weapon.

@Jaded: Three questions to solve something for me.

Is there a grand library with the history of -everything- in it?

Where has the Dragonarmy not captured

What does the continent we are on look like, and do we have a map?
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

chese780 wrote:Is there a grand library with the history of -everything- in it?
The largest, most complete library is the Library of Palanthas, in the city of Palanthas in the nation of Solamnia.
chese780 wrote:Where has the Dragonarmy not captured

What does the continent we are on look like, and do we have a map?
Here.

The area circled in red has been conquered by the Red Dragonarmy. The area circled in blue has been conquered by the Blue Dragonarmy, and so on and so forth for White, Green and Black.

So that leaves western Solamnia, North and South Ergoth, Sancrist, the Plains of Dust and the dwarven lands left unconquered.

The city of Haven, where the party is now, is the small red circle within the red territory.

Palanthas is, if you look at the area west of the Blue Dragonarmy territory, to the north you'll see a bay. The port city of Palanthas is there.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

That's like, 350-400 miles?

Is said Library open to everyone? And uh... How restrictive are the rules on leaving the occupied area... Like, am I going to get everyone killed if I try and leave the city.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft