Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: The Viper's Nest

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: The Viper's Nest

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (Osred's Armory)
Osred shakes his head. "Some snotty little girls were begging me for work." He starts to use the tape measure on Kendra, although seems to be quite thorough on certain body parts over others. "So, leather, padded, studded, light chain?" he asks while checking her bust size for the second time.

Arulia Seroth (Una's Weapon Store)
"Me?" asks Cassilda with surprise. "Well, uh...if it will help the family, I'll do it," she pledges.

Camilla shrugs. "Better her than me, I guess."

Una nods. "Send her here tomorrow morning then," she says. "First Watch."

Grubnick, Felran and Ne-Chanz (Marketsquare)
Ne-Chanz goes after the mooing kender, swinging at her again. Once more, she easily evades. The kender all laugh and run around calling insults, as if this was all a harmless game. They keep separated, running from vendor stand to vendor stand, yelling and insulting and laughing the whole way.

(OOC:
Ne-Chanz swings his fist at the kender [TN 10] (1d20): 5, miss.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

What in the nine hells is going on now...
Grubnick sidles up to the Minotaur and says, in a calm voice; Hey buddy, maybe you'd better take a look at the guards around here before you keep up your little 'game' with the kiddies...

[Grubnick tries to keep out of Ne-Chanz reach and prepares to tumble away if necessary...]
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz growls in disgust at his own failure to hit the kender. "Yeah... last thing I need is more attention..." he mutters, before catching himself and stopping mid-sentence. "Damn Kender...." he says instead and stalks off, but not before noting Grubnik's face.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Felran walks over to Ne-Chanz, "This happens way too often at this point, maybe you should keep your items somewhere they can't reach them?" he says as he slips a peak at the goblin. As he puts on the scarf, "Maybe we should go looking for that mercenary work you were talking about, I'm down to about 2 steel at this point," he says to the minotaur.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Two? Damn... we need to find some mercenary work..." he says, accidentally loud enough for Grubnick to hear.
Characters:
Current:
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merc work? I might know of something... where are you staying?
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"I... uh... the High Hand. Meet us there in 20 minutes?" Ne-Chanz says quietly.
Characters:
Current:
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra's right eye twitches as she realizes what the man is doing. "How many times do you plan on measuring my bust?" She didn't have a problem with calling him out on his pervy behavior. "And light chain should do just fine," she adds.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia can't help but feel a twinge of guilt that she won't be doing the work herself. "I'm the one who insisted on looking for work, shouldn't I be the one to take the job?" she thinks. But rather than voice her thoughts, she smiles at Cassilda. "I know you'll do well, Cassilda. You're the smartest of all of us, and it won't be long before you're strong enough that you won't think twice about lifting the hammer. But are you sure you want to? We need the money, but Camilla or I could do it instead if you don't."

Before Arulia and her sisters leave, Arulia bows again to Una. "Thank you again, Mistress Una; you won't be disappointed. At the first watch, then!"
Last edited by djhyland on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick nods. Hmm, I doubt 5 steel will get them if they're complaining about being down to two...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (Osred's Armory)
"It's necessary," Osred replies. "You want your armor to fit, right? Besides, I think you enjoy it as much as I do," he adds, patting her bottom. He puts the tape away before she can respond. "Anyway, a suit of chain takes about 10 weeks to make. Although I could put extra men on it, and get it done in half that time."

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"I don't mind," Cassilda responds. "I'm glad to finally be able to help the family in some way."

With that settled, the three young women start back toward home. When they arrive, the sun is just starting to go down. This means that curfew will be in effect soon. Walking inside, they find that their mother and Niniva have nearly finished dinner. Thoron is home, sitting at the table and speaking with Vera about the loss of her job. "This is bad," he mutters. "We rely a lot on that extra income."

Grubnick, Felran and Ne-Chanz (High Hand Inn, common area)
As Ne-Chanz is no longer taking their bait, the kender get bored and move on, disappearing into the crowd eventually.

Felran and Ne-Chanz head back to the inn and Grubnick waits awhile then heads there, as well. The three meet up in the common area, finding a private table far enough away from the other patrons where they can speak with some privacy.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Well Ro... Barkeep, I think this is the first time I've ever seen this room not overflowing with people. It must be nice to be able to hear yourself think for once, eh?" Haahqae greets the innkeeper with a smile. "But perhaps I could put on another one of my famous performances this evening? By the looks of this city, it could use a little cheering up. Also, if you know of anyone who might be trustworthy and strong, I'm looking for just a little more muscle for a job tomorrow. Thanks."
Veni Vidi Vici
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"So... are you with the occupation?" Ne-Chanz says quite bluntly.
Characters:
Current:
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra clinches her fists, but before she can punch him squarely in the face he backs off. "And how long would it take with the extra men?" she asks. This was all ready free, so she didn't mind speeding up the process if she could.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

'This must be all their funds.' Tulbas thinks to himself. 'All I need is to take it and the cult will die away... pity the door is locked.' Tulbas sarcastically thinks to himself. He searches the robes to see if any of them have pockets. If there is one he wears it and put the potions found, a vial of ink and as may coins as possible without hindering his movement, if none of the robes has pockets he will wear his own again and fill it the same, then put a brown robe in reach. If the door will open eventually he will wear it hoping to find his way out. Maybe his "new friend" will look for him. He then goes and listens by the door. 'Maybe there are no guards?' if he hears nothing he will knock on the door and later use big enough splinter from the chest to make enough noise. He will try to slide a coin under the door, anything to get the attention of anyone who might be there. If none works he will look at the door lock and hinges to see if he can do anything to find his way out.