Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: The Viper's Nest

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: The Viper's Nest

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
When Kendra returns to the table with her food, Norris places her ID papers back on the table neatly and looks away from her. "I'm...heading to bed early," he states, then turns away from her to head upstairs.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"Nobody is being forced to do anything against their will," Thoron points out again. "But this is just simply the hand we have been dealt. If all four of you decline all of your suitors, that is your choice. But then the family is right back in the same position. We won't live through the winter the way things are now. Personally, I'd rather see you girls alive and healthy in unhappy marriages than freezing or starving to death. Hopefully it won't come to that."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra watches Norris leave, then sighs. She eats her dinner, then goes to be herself.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Infiltrate you? In the name of Belzor I swear I only checked for the lost people. Why don't you ask Sigbert about me? He is loyal to your cause and he would vouch for me." Tulbas tries. "I'm telling you, I've no idea who these people were and why they act they way they do, but I gave you the options I know of!" Tulbas looks wide eyed filled with dispair from one priest to another, "Please call Leota and Sigbert! Doesn't she have mind controlling spell or potions that can prove I'm telling the truth?"
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

"Well, I doubt either of us have any magical ability, as we mainly use swords." Felran says.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Fair enough, I guess that's exactly what we're looking for anyway. I suppose an even-share of the loot is acceptable? If they agree, he raises his mug in salute. agreed, he says, taking a hearty swig.

I've some errands to run in the morning, but I'll come back for my gear and to get you before we head out. We'll have the pass-bearer then. With that he moves over to the bar, a bit away from the other occupants. When Green Tears comes by he asks her in a little bit of a quiet voice, How is it today, any problems? And what's with the Kapak upstairs?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
After eating her dinner alone, Kendra heads up to bed for the night.

(OOC: End scene)

Tulbas Erogund (Unknown location)
"Even if she did, Belzor tells us mind control magic is rather ineffective against elves," says the snake-handed priest. He nods to his companion who has a knife at Tulbas' ear.

Tulbas' screams of pain and pleas for mercy are heard throughout the compound for the rest of the night...

(OOC: End scene)

Grubnick, Felran and Ne-Chanz (High Hand Inn, common room)
Green Tears glances up at the kapak, but only for a second. "Keeping an eye on things, I suppose," she says. "What he is looking for, I cannot say. The kapaks serve as the spies and assassins of the army. He might be on a job or he might just be bored."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Hmm. I see... By the way, do you know anything about the two newcomers I was just with? The Minotaur and his friend? Looks almost elven to me... he passes her a silver piece.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz raises his mug and says "Agreed." He walks to his room wit Felran and notes Grubnick talking to the keeper.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"Hopefully, it won't," agrees Arulia, knowing that she won't convince her father otherwise. "Not if I have anything to say about it, it won't."

After finishing her meal, Arulia helps her family clean up and put the dishes away. While doing so, she makes small talk and is careful to avoid speaking of marriage. Once finished, she claims weariness from the day of walking about town and climbs the stairs to the bedroom she shares with her sisters.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
Arulia heads to her bedroom, where the four sisters sleep every night, practically crammed together like sardines in a can. The girls had recently started putting spare blankets over the windows at night, to keep out the cold air that would seep in through cracks in the wall. Rumor was that this was going to be a particularly cold winter this year. Hopefully the family would survive it unscathed.

Grubnick, Felran and Ne-Chanz (High Hand Inn, common room)
Green Tears accepts the silver coin. "They arrived a couple of days before the occupation. A very odd pair. They keep to themselves, rarely leaving their room. This is the most active I have seen them since they arrived. Very mysterious. I always heard minotaurs and elves hate each other, but perhaps that is not always true."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Hmm... I suppose that explains why I haven't seen them before. Still, not every creature behaves typical of its race, he says with a meaningful look. I haven't had much in the way of food today, hoow about some dinner?. Grubnick pays when food is brought. I take it there were no further disturbances like last night since you didn't mention any...

Grubnick will eat his meal and keep a relative calm, heading to bed early so he has enough time for his 'errands' early in the day. He will look for an opening to head to bed without the Kapak's direct observation (at least at the point of entering his room), but if no such opportunity exists he will simply head to bed as normal.)

[Ooc: looking to get up around 6am or so]
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia dresses for bed, but instead of laying down, she waits for her sisters to come up to bed. After the three of them have come up, she gathers them around her. Looking each in the eyes, she says, "I don't know how each of you feel about Father's plan to marry us, but I want you to know that however you feel isn't wrong. If you want to marry whoever he finds for you, then be happy and marry. If you don't want to marry--or don't like your suitor--don't marry just because Father says so. He is right, though: things aren't looking good for our family. But that doesn't mean that you should do something that you don't think is right. I'll do everything I can to make sure that none of you are forced into a marriage that you don't want. At the same time, I'll be happy to see you married, as long as you're happy too."

Shivering against the chill, Arulia glances at the drafty window and pulls her blankets up to her shoulders. "Come now, let us sleep. Morning will come soon enough, and we will all need our rest for tomorrow--especially you, Cassilda. I know that you'll do well as an apprentice, but you'll do your best if you get a good night's sleep."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

XP is as follows:

Haahqae (Illusionist 2/Thief 3)
Two Year Anniversary - 2,000 XP
Stealth down the stairs - 200 XP
Casting Change Self to appear as a histachii - 50 XP
Defeating warrior woman - 5 XP
Defeating Histachii (x2) - 80 XP
Recruiting Ismene - 50 XP
Hiring strangers - 50 XP
Sub-total: 1,198 XP/1,198 XP (+10% Thief only)
TOTAL: 1,198 XP/1,318 XP

Kendra Greylock (Fighter 3)
Two Year Anniversary - 2,000 XP
Chatting with Arulia about lovelife - 100 XP
Chatting with Arulia about her divine power - 100 XP
Argument with Norris - 50 XP
Defeating Tez - 175 XP
Defeating 2 HD worth of enemies - 60 XP
Joining the Fire Snakes - 100 XP
Revealing intel to Sadron - 100 XP
Sub-total: 2,685 XP (+10%)
TOTAL: 2,954 XP