Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Quest of the Missing Quill

A sandbox Pathfinder adventure set in the far reaches of The Empire, where the province of Trevis clashes with Orcs and Drow.

Moderator: Haahque

Haahque
Knight
Knight
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Quest of the Missing Quill

Post by Haahque »

The orcs take note of the three approaching party members.

“Halt and state your business.” The taller of the two demands. His tone of voice neither mean nor kind, more just the voice of a soldier on the job, who’s ordered to say that to anyone who passes.

“Yeah, what’s two humans and a dwarf doing around here?” The smaller one adds, he’s got a bit more of a while in his voice, like he’s looking for an excuse to tell you to buzz off. Despite this, he makes no indication that he hates dwarves any more or less than humans. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim says to the pair of orcs, "I'm his translator," hitching a thumb at Gaheris. "I'll translate what you just said."

Hihim translates to Gaheris faithfully word for word, including what his reply was.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We come in peace," Gaheris responds. "We are searching for a war orc named Rognic. We wish to enter to search for him, for we have a business opportunity that we believe he would be interested in. Do you know of him? If not, we'd like to enter to ask around and resupply."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim translates to the pair of orcs.

{OOC: Am I the only one thinking the words "...shoot to kill..." ?}
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"You come in piece? Good thing too, I could take the three of you on with one hand tied behind my back." The smaller one begins, before the larger orc takes over the conversation with a bit of more useful information.

"Rognic? Yeah, he arrived yesterday. I think he was staying at the chipped battleaxe. Your best bet is to ask for him there. They should have food if that's what you mean by resupplying as well."

"I'll bet. Look at the scrawny bunch, doesn't look like they ate for a week." Chimes in the very much non-helpful smaller orc. "Oh wait, that's cause they're puny humans isn't it?"

"Just don't cause any trouble or we might have to bash your faces in." The larger one suggests.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim nods to the larger, helpful orc and translates the information from same fellow, adding, "You might want to give him a tip or something, the one's being helpful. Don't give anything to the small one though, and don't make anything of it, but he's just giving us shit." The dwarf doesn't translate anything from the small orc.

{OOC: Hihim will translate any reply, so don't wait for me to post to that effect.}
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gaheris assures the orcs they don't want any trouble and thanks them. He also requests directions to the Chipped Battleaxe if it's location isn't already obvious.

Once inside, he fills in Jasmine and then says, "I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I didn't think they'd have taverns. Maybe they're more like us than I thought." He leads the way there.

(OOC: I wasn't waiting on you.)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

After the translation, the orc replies a surprisingly simple response. "Just go down this way here and turn left after the library. You can't miss it." You don't see a building that looks like a library, but then again the orc architecture looks a bit more primitive on average then the buildings of the empire. The town is also a lot smaller then Trevsville, just a handful of buildings that don't look residential, so it can't be that hard to find.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim stays close to Gaheris, all the while looking left, right, up and down, almost hungry for the views and experiences outside his cloistered upbringing.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gaheris is even more surprised to learn the orcs have a library. He didn't even know that they read, much less wrote and bound books and then devoted the resources to construct a building solely to house them all in. Well, this is what happens when you spend a lifetime listening to imperial propaganda, he supposes.

He takes the lead and follows the instructions exactly to reach the Chipped Battleaxe. He keeps an eye out for anything else that might surprise him about orcish culture.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Ummmm, Gaheris?" asks Hihim hesitantly, "Do you think we could spare some time to look in the library?" His eyes were wide with the possibilities.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Do whatever you want," Gaheris replies to the dwarf. "I'm not your babysitter. But the rest of us have more important things to do than pour over dusty old books written in orcish, which neither of us can read anyway. Remember, the others are waiting for us to finish outside of the village." He then continues to the inn.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim doesn't say anything, just follows behind Gaheris.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Gaheris, Jasmine and Hihim; Chipped Battleaxe inn
Navigating the orc village is a little harder then the guard at the gate had made it found. None of the three have any knowledge of orc arcetecture, and none of the buildings they pass particularly looks like a library by any methods they're often identified in the empire. However, the village is also small, so despite getting slightly lost, the group finds the Chipped Battleaxe before too long. With a little reverse-direction surmising, they figure out the library must be a one-room small building that looks not very unlike the houses in the area. One other detail to note is that the graveyard for the town is right to the north of the inn. if one were to stop and read the gravestones, they might find out that one of the more common causes of death written on the stone, is from a drunken brawl.

The Chipped Battleaxe is a fairly popular destination in the town, and there's at least a dozen orcs sitting around various tables and up at the bar. One orc is behind the counter and two others (one orc, one half-orc) are busily serving drinks to the crowd. There's also two nephilim sitting around one of the tables, talking to each other quietly.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim continues to follows Gaheris, but quite as close as his shadow, but near enough.
The dwarf is ready to translate on demand (in either direction language-wise).