Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Quest of the Missing Quill

A sandbox Pathfinder adventure set in the far reaches of The Empire, where the province of Trevis clashes with Orcs and Drow.

Moderator: Haahque

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Quest of the Missing Quill

Post by JadedDM »

Gaheris moseys up to the bar and asks the orc behind the bar, who is presumably the barkeeper, what's on tap. He then says, "We're looking for a war orc named Rognic. Heard he came through this way."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Gaheris, Jasmine and Hihim; Chipped Battleaxe inn
After Gaheris has said his piece Hihim starts translating, but before he’s even half way through the translation, the orc replies in a rough form of broken common.

“Your business Rognic? I knew that the darkness of the child depends on the presence of humans all the people! He bad Dubok in any way, there is no better way. Where however why should I tell you?”
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gaheris attempts to parse what the bartender is saying. He believes he gets the gist of it, except for that 'darkness of the child' bit. He assumes it's some kind of fancy title. "We want to buy something from him," he says. Well, it was more likely they were going to steal it, but no need to get too honest here. He pulls out a gold coin and sets it on the bar before him. "Can you tell us where to find him?"
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Gaheris, Jasmine and Hihim
As Gaheris says his part, the innkeeper doesn’t seem to like what he hears, but he greedily reaches for the coin as it’s offered.

"Rognic into the north tower. He went through the door of the mountain. Pigs do not get permission to follow."
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim keeps his mouth shut for once.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jasmine yawns as she watches the exchange between Gaheris and the barkeep.
Vrindlevine
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Vrindlevine »

Ishan observed his two companions warily they seemed to have fallen into a trance again though one he knew would unlikely affect there combat ability or certain decision making faculties but certainly made them boring company.

He decided that he would head into town now divorced in time from the first group and hopefully the orcs would not connect them.

After telling his idle companions and hearing no objections he headed for the gate putting a big grin on his face and stepping up to the guard.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Ishan, outside Glash's south gate
Who knows how long has passed since Jasmine, Gaheris and Hihim left, probably only fifteen minutes, but given the wonderful silent company of Zurgo and Bejnamin, Ishan figures it's long enough to stand in silence with these foreigners. (Is it called a foreigner if they don't come from the empire but they're close to home?).

He can see the guards sizing him up as he walks up to the gate. Not unusual in orc company he knows, a friend today could easily be an opponent in a bar-fight tomorrow and a friend again the morning after. The smaller of the guards is the first to speak. "Another human? Is today immigration day or did word get out that beer was half price at the bar today?" As Ishan is fluent in orcish, he can converse with them easily.

The larger orc addresses him directly in common, although his speech is slow and his accent is rough: "You. What business here?"
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gaheris tries to figure out the meaning of the words. He didn't see any towers when he arrived in the village. 'Door of the mountain' sounds like a entrance to a cave. He assumes 'pigs' in this context, was a reference to humans. Which was ironic, as he always considered orcs to be piggish in appearance.

"Do you know when he will return?" he asks the bartender.
Vrindlevine
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Vrindlevine »

"No I'm not much of a drinker myself however I have a certain issue with uh my uh "little (orchish gibberish)" And I have heard that orc healers possess some particularly powerful remedies."

"Do you know where I can find the town butcher ahh doctor?"
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Gaheris, Jasmine and Hihim (Chipped Battleaxe Inn)
Despite how the bartender’s grasp on common is obviously rather shaky at best, this time he gives a very, quick, direct response. “Hopefully never.” Gaheris can take from that what he will, but what the bartender takes from it is that the conversation is over.

“Do you want a drink?” Unsurprisingly, the bartender’s common is better when it’s related to his job.

Ishan (Glash south gate)
The orc seems a bit impressed that a human speaks orc so fluently.
“If you’re looking for the military physicians, try the barracks. It’s right there.” The orc points behind him, where the largest building in the town stands. It’s rather plain, about eighty feet across and at least twice as long, with massive double doors on the closest wall.

“The local physicians tend to work on a friends only basis, so if you don’t know where they are, they don’t want to treat you.”
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"So do you think I can have a look in the library now?" Hihim asks his colleagues, hopefully.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"An ale," Gaheris responds, handing over whatever coin is required. "Why never? And how far away is this 'door to the mountain?'" he asks.

To Hihim, he says, "We already had his discussion. Do what you want to do. I thought you wanted to come with us to help us, but if all you care about are dusty old books, who am I to stop you?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim pouts, but says nothing.
Vrindlevine
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Vrindlevine »

Ishan thanks the orc then heads for the barracks taking in the local color and well muscled orc women along the way he never really bought into the whole empire being better then other cultures and it wasn't like the empire hadn't absorbed many races before.

He hopes there is some useful knowledge to glean here so far this job had been a waste of time on any front other then that of wealth. Some people are so simple minded.