Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

A sandbox Pathfinder adventure set in the far reaches of The Empire, where the province of Trevis clashes with Orcs and Drow.

Moderator: Haahque

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

Post by Chris1234 »

seems to hang together pretty well.
Nice
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Would including Zurgo in the diplomatic group be a good idea or a bad idea? I'm not sure how orcs view half-orcs in this world.

If Zurgo can add some cred, then Gaheris will take him (also to help translate, if they don't speak Common). But if orcs hate half-orcs, that might not be a good idea.

Otherwise, it might be safer to take Jasmine as she can protect him and has a high CHA. (I have no idea what her languages are, though, they aren't included on her character sheet.)
Just_Ice
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Just_Ice »

Although a lot of his relevant modifiers are high, it'd probably be better not to send Benji while's he's drunk. Probably Gaheris/Jasmine and Zurgo would be the most balanced parley team, although you could really probably get away sending all three and Benji can still act as radar for the back group in case it's the ol' ambush trick.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Would the orcs like or hate Zurgo because he's a half-orc? Interesting question. Orcs tend to view half-orcs as impure and inferior to orcs. They don't like half-orcs, but they don't hate them either. In this setting, Half-orcs start at "suspicious" when dealing with orcs (as mentioned in the character creation advice via race choice).

However, with Zurgo's backstory, he does happen to know how to speak orc and a fair amount about orc customs.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hmm...interesting dilemma.

Hihim and Benji are out, as I assume orcs hate dwarves and drow. Ishan is a former Imperial, so that is probably a bad idea.

Gaheris knows Jasmine well enough to communicate with her with just a look, but unless she can speak Orcish, it may be more useful to take Zurgo instead.

I'm assuming she can only speak Common, though? I'd ask Horizon, but she's sleeping now.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

As Jasmine is a human with 10 int (+0 languages), the only language she speaks is common.

Benji and Hihim would also start as suspicious, so on a "we like you" level, they would be on even ground with Zurgo, however they don't know orcish customs so they would more easily tread on some toes unintentionally... something which the orcs probably wouldn't be quick to forgive (given the reaction adjustment).
Veni Vidi Vici
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Well those negotiations went pretty well didn't they?

:twisted:

If anyone's confused, someone who got a PM might have some explaining to do.
Veni Vidi Vici
keymeister16
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by keymeister16 »

let me relpy first, i know the orc. if anyone remembers anything about the war orc say it here. thanks
Just_Ice
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Just_Ice »

:freak:

Keymeister, what the hell did you do, man?
keymeister16
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by keymeister16 »

wanna see if this guy will leak anything new about our war orc, doesn't seem likely sadly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Just to be perfectly clear, this entire exchange has been in Orcish, right? Gaheris has no idea what either of them are saying?
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Yes, the entire exchange is in orcish. Gaheris can probably read the body language and tone of voice well enough to have some idea what's going on, but words he wouldn't recognize, with the exception of "Zurgo" -> Names rarely change depending on languages, so Gaheris can identify that this orc knows Zurgo's name without having to be introduced first.
Veni Vidi Vici
Just_Ice
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Just_Ice »

Looks like they're sort of having an alpha male contest here. Given the low chance of Zurgo offering apologies and the highish chance of Zurgo receiving death, probably should just let them hash it out 1v1 or 2v2, maybe cheating a little if he's getting smoked.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

How much of it can Hihim hear?
keymeister16
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by keymeister16 »

we got the name. i could press him for more but at this point if he sees Zurgo move in the direction of orcish home there WILL be a fight, up to you guys.

im gonna play moral high ground next post anyways.

edit: if a fight breaks out Hihim will be pretty relevant as is.