Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

A sandbox Pathfinder adventure set in the far reaches of The Empire, where the province of Trevis clashes with Orcs and Drow.

Moderator: Haahque

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC: The Quest of the Missing Quill

Post by JadedDM »

And after all this time, I'm pretty sure Gaheris never did find out his name...
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

However, 3 gold x 6 people + 2 gold left over = 20 gold, which is what you got from selling the equipment, but I don't recall you ever splitting up the 36 gold from the purses of the fallen, so are you donating those 36 to the work of the church? Very generous of you! (Maybe Sarenae might smile on you)
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No, I forgot about that. Gaheris splits up the 36 GP among every one equally, so 6 GP each.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Ok, 6 gold distributed to everyone, and soon I'll take 1 gold out of Jasmine and Gaheris's purse to get them a room for the night.
Veni Vidi Vici
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Hmm, I suppose I haven't given Hihim any context about the time, even if I did explain the location. It's currently around 8-9pm at night, and many of the shops in Trevsville have shut down. The inn is an exception, it's open all night.
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Ok, thank for that. I'll havea look to see if it makes sense to edit the post..
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

How far roughly is it from the temple to the Inn?
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

The temple is in the north-west quarter of the town (near the center of town), the inn is in the soth-east quarter, (near the center of the quarter), given how small the town is, I'd say that's 10-20 minute walk, depending on how quickly you walk.
Veni Vidi Vici
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

(Gaheris and Jasmine's rooms have already been rented and paid for, Hihim theoretically has a place he can stay in town for tonight. It was everyone else who hasn't arranged accommodations)
Veni Vidi Vici
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking of...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

By the way, does the party know how long it will take to reach this forest village to the south, so they know how much supplies they might need? If not, Gaheris will also ask around to find out. Except for Ishan, we have enough to last a week (he only has 3 days).
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Hihim didnt know where the group is headed, so he wouldn't know if he has enough food or not.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Ok so the entire map is a 3 days march east-west from one edge to the other, a 4 day march from the north to south edge from top to bottom. This is, of course assuming ideal conditions (clear terrain, clear weather, no combats, no long stops, average movespeed, etc) Once you start getting into traversing forests or climbing mountains this speed will slow significantly.

Given this information, it will take you over half a day to get to the near end of the forest, if you go directly and don't have any significant slowdowns. You are, as of yet, unsure of where the orc village in the forest is.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, can Gaheris find that out where exactly the village is from asking around town?
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

It's rather unlikely. Despite that the orcs and the empire are not officially at war, they're sort of the next-closest thing to it. If a group of orcs runs into an imperial patrol, it's as likely as not that they'll end up fighting. No trade goes between the countries. Very few people actually travel between the empire, a few mistrals and hunters meet members of the other ace and get along just fine.

Perhaps if you found a hunter who's been there you can get a better idea of where it is. Perhaps the officers in the barracks might know from information gathered by spies, convincing them to part with that information might be difficult. However, how long do you want to linger in this town? Each passing hour increases the chances that Alex will be back and ready for the duels.

There is also the chance that orcs are not extremely careful in hiding their village and that it won't be too hard to find a large(ish) orc settlement in the woods.
Veni Vidi Vici