Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 13: Resident Evil

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 13: Resident Evil

Post by chese780 »

Slightly staggering from being hit, Drav says to Baeros, "Seems as though they have no interest in you, maybe you should use that to your advantage." He procedes to dodge (Maybe) from Armor 5.

*Swing again!*
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Throwing down her bow, Val grabs her trusty trident and charges, yelling at the top of her lungs. "Arrrrggggghhhh"

init, hit and damage (1d10=9, 1d20+2=22, 1d6+4=7)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Sensing her knees becoming weak, Ouragana slowly sits down, steadying herself with a hand against the wall.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

(yay, Dahn's not dead!)
Though fear and pain cloud his mind, and Drav's words were meant for someone else, they somehow reach him anyway.
He's right. Dahn thinks to himself, the other one was able to see me despite my invisibility, yet seemed to be blind to the others... But what happened after I lost consciousness?
In spite of blood and blisters, the wounded gnome summons what little strength he has remaining.
No, there is no room for doubt here; they defeated it, that's what happened.
Ignoring the pain surging through his body as best he can, Dahn draws his crossbow,He's right... takes a prone position to steady his aim, They won't notice me; don't care about me... I'm safe..., loads a bolt, but Drav isn't., And let's the quarrel fly.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn knows that Drav can't handle any more hits, and she knows that she can't do anything for him at this point. The thought that they might all die in this place crosses her mind, but she quickly shakes her head and swings her warhammer in a vain effort to do some harm to the armor.

Int Roll, Hit Roll (8, 10)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Hearing Drav and being close to the horror Baeros is able to take a fraction of time longer for aiming and hits with great accuracy with both weapons.

========================================================
(OOC: Init / Hit Long / Hit short (13,21(critical hit),20(AC-4)) Dmg Long / Dmg short (12,4)
Any bonus attacks if we forsake defending ourselves?
)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath runs toward the action (as far as he can)
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Forgoing any attacks, Gallath instead moves forward, coming up behind the last horror to put himself in position for a sneak attack.

The horror swings its mace at Drav, but the elf easily parries it by crossing his swords into an 'x'. While it is distracted, Brock swings his axe at it, but stumbles on his bad leg and drops his weapon entirely, cursing up a storm in Dwarven.

Drav continues his assault, unable to pierce the horror's defenses but keeping it focused on him, if nothing else. Jocelyn tries another hammer swing, but again the blow is too weak to do any damage. It seems the cleric was decidedly out of practice when it came to melee.

Taking Drav's advice to heart, Baeros goes all out. He slams his long sword against the creature's left arm, knocking it off. He then stabs with his short sword, sending its helmet flying.

Val then moves in, stabbing with her trident with such force that the horror falls to pieces, clattering loudly on the ground.

By the time Granite has lifted his crossbow and aimed, the battle is over. Brock quietly picks up his axe.

=========

Initiative
Jocelyn (1d10+4): 8+4 = 12
Ouragana (N/A)
Val (1d10+7): 9+7 = 16
Baeros (1d10+5): 8+5 = 13
Gallath (1d10): 5
Granite (1d10+10): 9+10 = 19
Drav (1d10+5): 5+5 = 10
Brock (1d10+7): 2+7 = 9
Thaddeus (N/A)
Helmed Horror 05 (1d10+5): 4+5 = 9

Round 4!

Ouragana does nothing.
Thaddeus does nothing.
Gallath moves 80 feet westward.
Helmed Horror 05 swings its mace at Drav [TN 09] (1d20): 5, miss.
Brock moves 15 feet westward and swings his axe with great strength (+1 dmg) and skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) at Helmed Horror 05 [TN 16] (1d20+1): 1+1 = 2, critical fumble! Brock drops his axe.
Drav swings his flame tongue (+1 hit/dmg) long sword with elven grace (+1 hit) at Helmed Horror 05 [TN 15] (1d20+2): 3+2 = 5, miss. He then swings his mundane long sword with elven grace (+1 hit) at Helmed Horror 05 [TN 15] (1d20+1): 2+1 = 3, miss.
Jocelyn moves 10 feet westward and swings her hammer at Helmed Horror 05 [TN 16] (1d20+2): 10, miss.
Baeros swings his long sword at Helmed Horror 05 with great strength (+1 hit/dmg) [TN 14] (1d20+1): 20+1 = 21, critical hit! for (2d8+1): 11+1 = 12 damage. Helmed Horror 05 is now seriously damaged. He then stabs with his short sword at Helmed Horror 05 with great strength (+1 hit/dmg) [TN 14] (1d20+1): 19+1 = 20, hit for (1d6+1): 3+1 = 4 damage. Helmed Horror 05 is now near destruction.
Val moves 5 feet southwest and 35 feet westward and then stabs at Helmed Horror 05 with her masterwork (+1 hit/dmg) trident with great skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) [TN 14] (1d20+2): 20+2 = 22, critical hit! for (2d6+4): 12+4 = 16 damage. Helmed Horror 05 is destroyed.
Granite has no target.
Brock picks up his axe.

(OOC: Looks like those two crits more than made up for last round. End combat.
BishGada wrote:Any bonus attacks if we forsake defending ourselves?
Not that I'm aware of, no.)
Attachments
Hallway Battle 17.jpg
Hallway Battle 17.jpg (73.8 KiB) Viewed 8056 times
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"STOP TRIGGERING THOSE" Gallath says angrily. He then inserts the chess piece carefully into the proper spot on the board.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn puts her warhammer away, and tries to catch her breath. "Okay," she says. "Always always always try to keep your eyes open for traps. They are all over the place."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

After seeing the animated armor fall, Dahn let's out a sigh, and unloads his crossbow.
Slowly standing up he says "Okay, now what. "
Last edited by xelphyn on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: My sword is not ignited, I never made it so. It's an enchantment :D)

"Does anyone see anymore armor? Why don't we just, avoid those," Drav says to the others.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Lets patch up each other before we start anything else, please" Ouragana says in a weak pleading voice that's hardly audible, but she does her best to insist.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gallath walks all the way back to the middle of the hallway and plugs in the bishop piece into the appropriate slot. Nothing happens. But then again, there are still three more slots to account for.

Drav looks around. There are still four more statues in the hallway, but they are all over on the east side.
Attachments
Hallway Battle 18.jpg
Hallway Battle 18.jpg (86.61 KiB) Viewed 8076 times
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

"Shall I open the lock, or would you like to check for traps first?" Drav says to Baeros.

*If not checking, open door*
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft