Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by BishGada »

Baeros smiles and say "Lucky me I'm not a noble".

Now where is the food?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Drav searches around for some help to make a net with, but there is none growing in this area. Besides, making a net would take him all night.
Baeros wrote:"Now where is the food?"
"You haven't caught it yet," Brock says, pointing to the lake. "Get going already. We're hungry."

Thaddeus outright blushes at Jocelyn's and Gallath's praise. "W-Well...thank you both for such kind words. And here I was afraid you'd all see me as a burden on this expedition."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Walking over to Baeros, "I might as well help you, I have nothing to do at the moment."
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You're far from a burden," Jocelyn assures him. "But, uh, this arranged marriage thing, don't you think you should try to get to know this girl first before marrying her?" she asks.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at Brock surprised and then goes fishing grumbling to himself.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana was speechless for some moments, then she swallows. "Thaddesu, really, don't you realise how much you know? Just look what you've taught me, and what" she blushes "I haven't been able to learn from you? Probably your mother never wanted you to know how awesome you are, so she could continue to order you around."
After a moment's pause, she adds, and it's not clear wheter she speaks to herself or to the group. "And does it really matter so much whose child or grandchild you are?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Thaddeus, you must choose your own path. Your mother loves you. I'm sure, but is you becoming an admiral what you want to do, or what your mother wants you to do? Who is is really for?" Gallath says.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Looking out over the lake, "Well, seeing as I left my net in the cave, I might as well fish some other way." Drav turns to Baeros, "You wouldn't happen to have something for fishing? Otherwise, I'd have to shoot the fish."

*Turn around and look for a long stick.*
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn wrote:"But, uh, this arranged marriage thing, don't you think you should try to get to know this girl first before marrying her?"
"Uh, well, I imagine I'll be meeting her after I leave the Bullring," Thaddeus replies. "Although Mother says it's not necessary. She didn't meet her husband, my father, until their wedding day."
Ouragana wrote: "Thaddeus, really, don't you realise how much you know? Just look what you've taught me, and what I haven't been able to learn from you?"
Thaddeus chuckles a bit. "I never thought of myself as anyone's teacher, to be honest. I still feel like a student, even after having left the academy years ago," he admits. "But thank you all the same for the praise."
Ouragana wrote:"Probably your mother never wanted you to know how awesome you are, so she could continue to order you around."
"Oh, no, she's not like that at all," Thaddeus objects. "She only wants what is best for me. Were it not for her guidance and my father's bloodline, I sincerely doubt I would have even made it this far. Nobody ever accomplishes anything on their own. Without family, friends, and the like...I'd be nobody."
Gallath wrote:"Is you becoming an admiral what you want to do, or what your mother wants you to do? Who is is really for?"
"Ah, well, I wouldn't be an admiral myself, just the son-in-law of one," Thaddeus clarifies. "But...I don't know. I suppose it is what I want. I mean, I want to do right by my family and make them proud. Honestly, I'm not sure what else I would do if I had the choice," he admits.

Baeros reveals his net to Drav and tosses it into the lake. Drav sharpens a long stick and tries to find some fish close enough to spear.

After an hour, Drav has yet to catch anything. But Baeros has managed to score three dozen fish. This is more than enough to feed the whole party and the dogs, and still have some left over for breakfast tomorrow.

At once, Brock pulls out his cooking pot, fills it with water and starts descaling and chopping up the fish to make a nice stew for everyone. Soon, the entire camp begins to smell good.

=============

Baeros fishes for an hour [13] (1d20): 1, pass. He catches 12x3 = 36 fish.
Drav fishes for an hour [5] (1d20): 16, fail. He catches nothing.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Drav sits down near the fire, staring at it for a moment, then says, "So, now that we are near the mansion, can I ask what brought you here? I haven't seen anyone else come here, so I would like to know how you managed to find this place."

Taking the sharpened stick, he starts to carve something into the ground. "I bet there is a lot of cool stuff inside that mansion, but I've never actually been inside."
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath dishes out the stew and digs in to his. "Thaddeus, you are a powerful mage, I can see that much. You are valuable to the Bullring crew. You want to do good by your family, and that is good, but you must choose your own path in life. If you really lack for something to do, well, my life is never boring, and you would be welcome to come with me." He leans in closer so that only Thaddeus can hear. "But your heart really lies with another. We elves are well versed in the ways of the heart, and I know where yours truly lies. Her heart longs for you as well. Make of that what you will, as this is not my choice to make, but there is my recommendation to you, as a member of the elder race, and as your friend." Back louder "This stew is excellent, Brock. Many thanks for the fish, Baeros."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You have to do what makes you happy," Jocelyn says. "Love is important too, and it is pretty obvious that you aren't in love with some girl that you haven't even met yet," she mentions as she digs into her stew. "Mmm, this is great," she adds to Brock before finally turning to Drav. "We are looking for a weapon that could help us defeat some pirates."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

"A weapon to defeat some pirates? Sounds like you made an incredible journey for something that sounds pretty simple. There must be something a bit more interesting too." Drav says looking at Jocelyn.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

After eating, Dahn sets down his dish.
"My thanks to the chef." He says.
"Uh look, I don't have anything for this conversation, and it doesn't have anything for me. I'm gonna take a stroll and walk off the boredom. I'll stay close, the smell of the food may attract undesired company, I'll keep an eye out and alert you guys if I see anything."
Dahn sets off for a semi-leisurely stroll.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Dinner is ready, Ouragana accepts her share with a smile and a thanks to Brock. When they're satiated, she continues the earlier conversation with Thaddeus.
"Tell me, in you eyes, am I nobody?" Her heart beats fast as she waits for the answer.
There's more to me than meets the eye...