Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by chese780 »

"Well, seeing as I'm gonna have to wait, I might as well sleep for a while," Drav says, "I have been awake for a lot longer than I should have."

"That is, unless you want to tell me something?"
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus looks at Gallath with embarrassment and perhaps a bit of confusion. "That is...most kind of you to say, and I am flattered...but, uh, my family would never approve of me being with an elf. And I'm not...interested in you that way. I hope you understand," he says earnestly. "It's not you, it's me," he assures him awkwardly.

Brock grunts and nods in approval of Gallath's, Granite's and Jocelyn's praise of his cooking.

Granite gets up and walks the outer perimeter of the camp, keeping an eye out for trouble.
Ouragana wrote:"Tell me, in you eyes, am I nobody?"
"What?" asks Thaddeus, caught off guard. "Well, no, of course not."
Drav wrote:"That is, unless you want to tell me something?"
"Careful," Brock warns Jocelyn. "Remember, we know nothing about this guy or where he came from. We shouldn't tell him anything more than we need to."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

"Well now, it's not my fault for wanting to know what's going on. The only things I've ever had to deal with are survival and trolls, both aren't the most fun, but I managed. It has gotten a bit boring considering I've been doing this for almost a quarter of my life," Drav says looking over to Brock, "The other thing is that you all showed up and now I may actually have a chance to get off this rock."

"Thanks for the food though, it's a lot better than my usual cooked fish and berries."
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Caught off guard for once, Gallath chokes a bit on his stew, but recovers with elven grace and leans in to him. "That is not what I meant at all! I meant Ouragana, by the gods. Elves have very eloquent speech, and it can be a bit hard to understand, but to think I thought you meant I was gay.... a bit of a stretch. Ouragana, my dear mage. She loves you! You do understand that, right?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Don't worry, Brock," Jocelyn says with a small smile before she turns her attention back to Drav. "There is more to the story," she admits. "But I'm not quite ready to tell you about it. I just met you today," she points out. Drav was going to have to earn some trust if he wanted to know what exactly was going on.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

As Baeros and Drav return to the group and catching the conversation Baeros rolls his eyes and says, "Are you still discussing Thaddeus sex life? Gods above! What's there to talk about so much. Ouragana likes you, more than I thought apparently. Do us all a favor and decide if you want her or not. But consider it carefully since you might find yourself replacing Drav guarding this island for the next several decades when we leave it." He adds with a crooked smile.
Gallath wrote:Many thanks for the fish, Baeros.
"Sure thing. You should have seen Drav with the stick though! That was hilarious." he looks at Drav and adds, "But good thinking... keep up the good work."

After that Baeros feeds the dogs, starts eating himself and stares at the fire losing concentration until the conversation turns back to the mansion. Then he tells the others he feels that someone in the mansion already knows about their intrusion and that shall be most careful tomorrow.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

As he turns around, "Yes, I don't call myself a fisherman, just someone who can try. Now, lets get off the subject of Thaddeus's personal life for a bit to talk about the ancient building nearby. You do know what is inside right?"

(OOC: "After that Baeros feeds the dogs, starts eating himself and stares at the fire losing concentration" - cannibalism?)
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Drav wrote:"Thanks for the food though, it's a lot better than my usual cooked fish and berries."
"Hmph," Brock grunts. "Well, you're welcome lad," he says, pleased with himself.
Gallath wrote:"Ouragana, my dear mage. She loves you! You do understand that, right?"
Thaddeus looks blankly at Gallath a few moments, trying to process that. Finally he cracks a grin. "Oh, I get it. You're having a go at me? Is this...is this some kind of hazing for the group? Does this mean I'm one of you now? After all, Ouragana and I have worked together in the past, and I'm pretty sure I'd notice something like that. I mean, we barely even know each other, after all!"
Drav wrote:"You do know what is inside right?"
"Do you?" asks Brock. "You said before you've never been inside, right?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana had opened her mouth to make her point at Thaddeus's admission that she was "not nobody", but then Gallath cut in with his remark about her loving Thaddeus, and Beaors with his contempt at the subject. She blushes crimson, or she would if her skin wasn't that fair with a bluish tint, so the actual color is more like pink. Mustering all her dignity, she looks Thaddeus in the eyes, then says: "Gallath is right. I am in love with you. And it is not a girlish crush, but a deep esteem for your qualities as a person." She swallows and takes a deep breath, her color fading a little. "But perhaps you've been brought up thinking only in terms of suitable marriage so that you're not able to notice or feel love." She looks away, blinking.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Looking over to Brock, "I was talking about the creatures, I have no idea on the layout of the inside," Drav says, "I noticed that the place seemed odd to you, right Baeros?"
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Um, I'm pretty sure they aren't joking with you, Thaddeus," Jocelyn states.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks up hearing Ouragana statement, but quickly returns to the conversation regarding the mansion avoiding the awkward situation. "Well, yeah. I felt something odd while we were exploring around it. As if something was watching us. But I couldn't see anything odd. In any case, we have come so far, so we will finish it up." He says encouragingly. "I'm not sure knocking on the front door would be our smartest option. Maybe we should peek up in the windows first and maybe sneak through one of them in the back of the structure."

=======================================================================
(OOC: Cannibalism is a new hobby of mine. Probably it won't last long...)
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

As Drav looks over to Baeros, he pulls out the grappling hook. "Well, then it looks like this will be useful after all. Anyone got some rope?" He then turns to the rest of them, "I doubt being sneaky would help too much, but it might help."
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus stares blankly at Ouragana after her declaration of love, seemingly unsure how to respond. He seems agitated, as if ready to bolt...but likely realizes there is no place to go on this island. So instead, he fidgets and awkwardly clears his throat. "Well, uh...that is...uh...unexpected," he finally spits out. "I had no idea," he admits.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Listen," Jocelyn says. "Now probably isn't the best time to be discussing our feelings for one another. We are going to have a long day tomorrow exploring a mansion with all sorts creatures in it."