Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by chese780 »

Replying to Ourgana, "I haven't explored the entire island, just the parts I could get to without going too far away from the cave. I haven't yet gone too far past the other side of the mountains."

(OOC: If you just draw a circle with a radius of about 8 hexes around hex 14, that could be a good description)
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Then I suggest that we make camp here," Jocelyn says. "If some of you want to scout out the mansion a little bit, then go ahead but don't go too far."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val unrolls her bedroll lays down to eat and drink a bit before passing out. "Goodnight" is all she can muster.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Goodnight" Ouragana answers Val. "Sleep well."

"I'm not goot at scouting, but I'll note any finds on my map" she offers the group, then she makes camp. She will share some of her rations with anyone who needs it.
"Tomorrow, I could render someone invisible for as long as they don't take any offensive action" she tells the group during the evening. she also asks: "What kind of enemies are we expecting again in the mansion?"

(OOC: I'm on a botany field trip for the weekend, won't be able to post before Sunday evening my time. If someone volunteers to be rendered invisible, she'll memorise the spell in the morning, otherwise, a second WEB spell.)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros says to Jocelyn, "Hmm... Well I thought to go fishing, but checking on the mansion is more important." He looks around, "Granite and Drav come with me. Gallath, I know you want to join us, but Val and Brock are too tired to guard the rest of the company so I leave it in your hands. Tomorrow you will be in the front line again." He then looks at Jocelyn again, "We will back in a bell or two at most. You should rest." Walking from the camp he whistles and the dogs follow on his heels. He uses the scouting time to train Hopper at discipline, as he follows Takit example and knows he can't run wildly forward.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Ouragana, Val, Gallath (Campsite)
Val has no bedroll, so just makes herself comfortable on the ground. Although the sun is still out, she's exhausted and after drinking from the river and eating one of Ouragana's offered rations, decides to rest.

Brock drops his pack on the ground and then sits down on it. He begins removing his armor, a slow and difficult process with his injuries. "Someone said something about fishing earlier? If we get a fire going, I can cook us a nice hot stew," he offers. "Don't got any spices or nothing, but still will probably beat dry rations."

Thaddeus, who does have a bedroll, lays his out and sits on it. He shrugs off his pack and stretches out a bit, as he isn't used to all this hiking about. "Not what I was expecting the first day of my first, and likely last, adventure to be," he admits. "I suppose we'll have all day to explore the mansion, though, and hopefully be back in time before the Bullring takes off." To Ouragana, he answers, "I'm not sure. That Drav fellow mentioned hellhounds, didn't he? Those are extraplanar beings. Makes sense, that they would be summoned by a mage to guard his work. They probably are descendents of the original summoned ones. In any case, we may find other extraplanar beings, as well."

Baeros, Granite, Drav (Near the mansion)
The scouting party, consisting of Baeros, his two dogs, Granite and Drav, move closer to the mansion by walking around the perimeter of the lake. They have to ford two rivers to do it, which isn't too difficult as they are fairly shallow. Takit swims across and Hopper simply teleports to the other side. The water comes up to Granite's chin, but thankfully the current isn't strong enough to wash him away.

Before long, the mansion comes into view more clearly.
Wyvern's Manor.png
Wyvern's Manor.png (196.51 KiB) Viewed 5819 times
It's a large, two story building. Centuries of neglect has caused it to fall into ruin, although one imagines it was quite gorgeous back in its day. There isn't anyone about--at least, not that the party can see. The windows are all boarded up. The front yard is enclosed in a steel fence about 9 feet tall. There's a gate in the middle, but it's closed with a very rusty chain and lock. Looking through the bars, they can see an old well in the middle of the courtyard. The entire place is eerily quiet.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Knowing that she can't do anything for Val, Jocelyn walks over to Brock and places her hand upon his shoulder as he removes his armor. She prays for a few moments (Cure Mod Wounds) in hopes of healing him up a little bit more. "Stew sounds a lot better," she says afterwards. "So I guess I'll get a fire going."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Pretty impressive ha?" Baeros say to his companions taking few minutes to regard the massive building. "Let's circle it around. Don't forget to watch over the jungle too." he says and starts leading the party to their left, around the fence.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn prays and lays hands upon Brock, and the worst of his wounds seem to heal up. "Thanks, lass," he says.

Jocelyn looks around for fuel to make a fire. Because the party is so large, she'll need a large fire to accommodate them all. If she begins now, she might be able to collect enough by the time the sun goes down.

=========

Jocelyn casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Brock, restoring (1d10+1): 10 HP. Brock's condition improves from critically to moderately wounded.

Baeros, Granite, Drav (Near the mansion)
Meanwhile, the scouts slowly begin circling the mansion. There don't appear to be any back entrances, and they still do not spot any sign of activity in or around the mansion. For all intents and purposes, it appears completely abandoned, at least from the outside.

However, by the time they've reached the back side, Baeros starts to get the strangest feeling he's being watched. He can't see anyone anywhere, and his dogs don't seem to react at all. But he can't shake the feeling. Drav and Granite, however, don't seem to notice anything amiss.

=========

Baeros makes a WIS check [14] (1d20): 12, pass.
Granite makes a WIS check [5] (1d20): 19, fail.
Drav makes a WIS check [7] (1d20): 9, fail.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn smiles slightly to Brock before she starts picking up some wood and such for a fire.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros starts slowing down and looks everywhere suspiciously both the mansion windows and the jungle. Seeing his dogs act normally he says nothing, but the others would probably notice his higher alert.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Jocelyn comes back with the first armload of wood, Ouragana jumps up. "I'll help you" she says and goes looking for firewood as well.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath stands. "I'll help. It will be good to do something..." and then mumbles about Baeros.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val dozes off......
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ouragana and Gallath both volunteer to aid Jocelyn. Not to be outdone or seen as useless, Brock stands up and helps, too. And so a task that would have taken the cleric at least two hours is easily accomplished in only half an hour. Thaddeus remains behind and keeps an eye on the snoozing half-orc.

They place the collection of fuel in the middle of the camp in a large pile. Thaddeus breaks out his flint and steel and starts trying to light and stoke the fire.

"Well, now we just need something to cook," Brock notes.

Thaddeus continues working to get the fire going and sighs. "This is...harder than it looks. Oh, forget it." He conjures a small ball of flame in his hand and uses it to set the fire. "There we go."

Brock harrumphs. "You should learn to do it for real, son. Magic can't solve all your problems."

Thaddeus shrugs. "I doubt I'll ever need to worry about making a campsite in the future. That's why I wanted to come this time. Once I take my new job, I probably won't spend much time in the wilderness, to say the least."

Baeros, Granite, Drav (Behind the mansion)
Baeros looks around carefully, but can't see anything or anyone around that might be causing him to feel this way. Was it just nerves? Just his imagination? But there was something else, too. Something he had not felt since he left home. It was like trying to remember a dream after you woke up. He felt something familiar, but just couldn't place it.