Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by JadedDM »

After a good night's rest, the party awakens the following day feeling a little better. They have breakfast in the galley. Ouragana memorizes Detect Magic. Baeros feeds and waters his dogs while Gallath takes care of his horse and falcon. In the early afternoon, the Bullring arrives in the town of Narin.

It's an overcast day, but still quite hot as it always is in the tropics in summer. At once, Sierra and Terra begin work at getting the ship loaded with supplies for the upcoming long trip. The party disembarks and splits up to take care of their own affairs...

Jocelyn, Brock and Baeros (Narin Temple of Gonto)
Jocelyn and Brock head to the temple to visit the dwarf's loved ones. Beneath the temple is a large tomb where the bodies of all citizens are interred. Baeros, who discovered Terra was way too busy with her duties to accompany him, decided to go with them in hopes of speaking with the kohen and gaining support against the League.

The temple is large, beautiful and impressive. It looks just as it did a year ago to Jocelyn; still nearly everything has been painted a gold color, and shimmers despite the lack of sunshine.

As today is Soulday, it's not very busy. There are a few people in the pews, reading the holy book. There are also a pair of acolytes; one is engrossed in counting coins. The other, a young woman around their age, is gently sweeping the place up. She has long, wavy blonde hair. She notices them arrive, turns away as if to compose herself, then approaches. "Greetings," she says. "I am Leena, the acolyte in charge here. How can I help you?" she asks, a bit stiffly.

Ouragana Stormbride (Narin Marketplace)
Ouragana had just finished trading in more platinum coins to add another pearl to her necklace in the marketplace. Between this and giving Baeros his waterskin back, she wasn't feeling so weighed down anymore.

She had spent the better part of an hour trying to track down some magical items, but in a small town of mostly dwarves, the arcane is hard to come by. She was just about to consider her next move, when she noticed a small commotion on the other side of the square.

An Aarakocra had appeared to wander into the square on his own. He was wearing a quiver over his back with some javelins in it, but was otherwise unarmed. A number of people were talking and staring, but they generally kept their distance. A couple of wardens were nearby, watching him very closely but otherwise not intervening.

Gallath (Paragon Inn)
Having just returned from the market to buy a few things, Gallath heads to the Paragon Inn in hopes of learning some valuable information. Lunch is winding down, but there are still plenty of customers here to drink and eat, sitting at tables or at the bar. A dark-skinned man stands behind the counter and gives Gallath a polite nod when he enters. There's also a halfling woman in flashy clothes playing an ocarina and singing, trying to get the customers' attention. But for whatever reason, everyone is ignoring her. She has a little tip jar by her feet, but only a couple of coppers can be seen inside.

==============

It is now Ruebon 18th, Soulday at 2 PM.

Jocelyn regains 1 HP.
Brock regains 1 HP.
Ouragana memorizes Detect Magic. She is no longer in encumbrance.
Val regains 1 HP. Her condition improves from seriously wounded to moderately wounded.
Baeros regains 1 HP.
Takit regains 1 HP.
Gallath regains 1 HP. His condition improves from seriously wounded to moderately wounded. He is now in light encumbrance by 0.3 lbs.
Thrax regains 1 HP. His condition improves from lightly wounded to fully healed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: CH. 12: Wyvern's Island

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I'm here to pay my respects with Brock to his lost loved ones," Jocelyn says.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks around in awe. The rich decorations have their effect. When the acolyte approaches he stands half a step behind Jocelyn and waits to see what the acolyte will say.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana weaves through the crowd and approaches the Arakocra, facing him. "Hello, it's so nice to see you again!" she greets him enthusiastically, even before she can see if it's actually someone she remembers from her visit.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath sits down near the entertainer. "Do you know the song 'Under an ancient sun'?" He nods to the bartender, indicating that he would like to talk to him.

(OOC: How much money do I have left?)
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leena gestures to a doorway in the back. "That way then. The tombs are down below. Please don't disturb them or attempt to open them. Spells of protection have been placed upon them to stop would-be thieves." She looks between the three of them. "If you wish to purchase magical healing, let me know."

The Aarakocra turns toward her, appearing surprised. He's five and a half feet tall--just a little shorter than Ouragana. He has a gray-black beak and black eyes, but his plumage is red, orange and yellow. "Kel!" he says eagerly, pointing to her. He then gestures to himself. "Koh'kra!"

Gallath (Paragon Inn)
"Maybe," the halfling says. "If you have some coin?"

The bartender sets down the mug he was cleaning and approaches. "What can I be getting you, friend?" he asks.

(OOC: You can find your current money in your stat block. Right now, Gallath has 25 GP sewn into his cloak and 25 GP, 5 SP, 4 CP in his money pouch.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Koh'kra!" Ouragana exclaims happily. "How nice to see you again!" she approaches him, both arms outstretched in welcome.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath places two silvers in her tip jar. "Elven spiced wine please" he says to the bartender.
Characters:
Current:
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thank you. Also, is the Kohen in today?" Jocelyn asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Koh'kra tilts his head in confusion, then extends his own arms widely, mimicking Ouragana's gesture.

Gallath (Paragon Inn)
The halfling looks down at the 2 silver in her tip jar. "Alright! I get to eat lunch today!" she exclaims. She then eagerly starts to play 'Under an Ancient Sun' on her ocarina.

The bartender searches under the bar and pulls out a dusty bottle. He wipes the dust off. "Don't get much call for elven wine here," he admits, then uncorks it and pours a glass for Gallath. "That'll be three silver pieces," he says.

Leena frowns. "Oh, you haven't heard then?" she asks. "Kohen Truestone is missing. He disappeared three months ago. I've been running this place since then, on my own. Hopefully they send a new kohen soon."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Missing?" Baeros interrupts. "What happened? Did you investigate? Did he run away? Maybe spooked by CRIZZA, like your goddess?" Baeros says using all the tact he can muster.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath slides the three silvers over to him. He holds up a gold piece and pretends to examine it. "So... what's the word around town?" he says to the bartender casually.
Characters:
Current:
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana takes Koh'kra's "hands" in hers, smiling widely. "Has your mother taught you the Common tongue? Do you understand me now?" she asks.

(OOC: How do the people in the marketplace react to the scene?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leena looks about ready to answer Baeros' questions until he insults her deity. "It's no concern of yours. State your business or please leave," she says to the ranger.

Gallath (Paragon Inn)
The innkeeper deposits the three silvers and slides over Gallath's drink. "Word about town? Well, let's see...probably the biggest news is the reports of ships full of the walking dead attacking sailors not too far from here," he says.

Koh'kra appears puzzled, then answers simply, "Ko."

Taking a moment to look around, Ouragana can see she's drawing a lot of attention from the locals. Nobody is approaching; they keep a wide berth. The wardens watch carefully, but do not intervene. The general feeling of the crowd is one of curiosity and perhaps a bit of trepidation.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks to Baeros for a moment with a mixture of confusion and awe upon her face. She isn't the most tactful of people, but she knew better not to insult someone's God while standing in their temple! She reaches over and outright smacks Baeros upside the head. "Way to go," she says with a shake of her head. She then looks to Leena. "I apologize for him," she adds with a sigh. "Though, considering that I did spend some time getting to know the Kohen the last time that I was here, did you find any clues as to where he could have disappeared to?" she asks.