A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scene of the Crime

Post by BishGada »

"You came to help?" Vrunar asks. "Well, it will have to wait until we pass this... this... Worm?" 'Could this be the guardian of the passage? It's seems like non intelligent monster and nothing more.' Vrunar think to himself. His sword already drawn he turns to the monster but in the few momnets until contact he thinks to himself, 'Well, what do I have to lose?' and say to the creature, "The password is Mother!"

=============================================
(OOC: Well... I'm not sure what to roll. I think I have no Initiative modifier so here is Initiative [1d20 = 10]. I have +6 modifier in Attack which I assume it's +4 for level +1 for STR and +1 for the magical sword so if it comes to fighting [1d20+6 = 25] (By my character sheet it says critical hit at 19,20 so is it Crit?) and damage (rolled both 1d6 and 1d8 since I don't know if this is big creature or normal I also rolled +2 for str and +1 sword. is it correct?)[(1d6+2)*2, (1d8+2)*2 = 14, 12] But if I made mistakes with the modifiers please feel free to change it.

Also Vrunar have many bonuses for being Paladin that might apply to the other fighters as well such as Aura of good, Aura of courage. Oh, and I forgot Weapon focus so it's another +1 for attack...)
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Olban attacks if he is able, drawing his battleaxe and shield to engage.

(OOC: Have tried to use unseen servant and invisible castle, no luck yet. will try again later.)

DM Edit: I made the rolls for you. Get with me or Jenara on figuring out unseenservant.

init: [1d20] = 17+2=19; att: [1d20] = 16+7=23; dam: [1d8] = 3+4=7
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer reaches for his crossbow, but holds until he sees the result of Vrunar's parlay.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The creature has no response to Vrunar's comment save to increase the clacking of its mandibles. Its tentacles dripping with slime and excrement flail about the paladin's armor as he slashes with his sword opening a gaping wound. (large creature damage) 7 hp left

Olban delivers the finishing blow, bringing his axe down upon the fetid creature's head.

Their victory is fleeting as a set of tentacles lash out from a second creature clambering over the carcass of its brother.

Attacks on Vrunar: [1d20] = 14 miss; [1d20] = 10 miss; [1d20] = 5 miss; [1d20] = 20+3=23 hit
please make a Fort save DC13 or be paralyzed for [2d4] = 6 rounds

Attacks on Olban: [1d20] = 18+3=21 hit; [1d20] = 7 miss; [1d20] = 19+3=22 hit; [1d20] = 12 miss
Please make two Fort saves DC 13 or be paralyzed for [2d4] = 8 rounds plus [2d4] = 5 rounds
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar is surprised by the arrival of the new creature. He manage to avoid some of its attacks but one hit him.

=================================================================
(OOC: 1d20 = 8 I have fortitude +9 so do I add it to this roll? If so I think I pass. Otherwise paralyzed.
If I passed I'll roll next round attacks on the next post)
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

first round summary:

first creature dead.
Vrunar passed his Fortitude save and can act next round
second creature has acted for this round

waiting on Olban's two saves

Mortimer can still act this round
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

[1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16[1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9

Olban staggers beneath the blows!
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

2nd Round

Vrunar feels the paralyzing venom runs through his veins. He concentrates upon his deity Bahamoth and feels his body fighting the venom. "Oh the mightiest of Dragons, bath us in your light and bless us with your might. In your name the evil we will smite!" Vrunars' swords momentarily vibrates and shines. It moves in perfect unison with his arms and body. Encouraged by his belief Vrunar strikes at the creature. "Mortimer! Any time now!! Don't let it touch you. It can paralyze."

======================================================================
(OOC:
Vrunar uses one charge of bless.
Init (if required since the creature already attacked) [1d20 = 15] in AD&D 3 do we need high initiative or low? Do I add the weapon modifier or subtract it? Anyway, 15 is the raw roll. Attack [1d20+7 = 11] I rolled +7 (+4 level +1 STR +1 Focus proficiency +1 sword) and got 10 but forgot the +1 of bless so it's 11. Not that it helped much :) I roll damage anyway [1d8+2 = 6].

If using the bless charge take a round then forget my attack.
)
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

My bad. I should have worded that better previously.

No. You don't have to roll initiative again. The 2nd creature was attacking last in the round. So use the 15 for your attack roll, BishGada.
The bless from the sword should be a free action.

Vrunar hits the creature for 6 hp of damage. forgot the bless +1=7 points damage
Olban is paralyzed for 4 more rounds

Mortimer still has an action this round and can post an action for last round as well.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer fires off a round....

[1d20] = 14 to hit, [1d8] = 3 damage

OOC: Not sure if he gets any bonuses...

After firing, he drops his crossbow and moves to attack
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mortimer's bolt sinks deep into the creatures flesh, however it gives no pause. The creatures tentacles continue to lash out as it slowly crawls upon Olban's now slumped body.

10 points total damage so far.

Attacks on Vrunar:
[1d20] = 1 +3= 4 miss; [1d20] = 20+3=23 hit; [1d20] = 4+3=7 miss; [1d20] = 10+3=13 miss
please make a Fort save DC13 or be paralyzed for [2d4] = 7 rounds

Attacks on Mortimer:
[1d20] = 13+3=16 miss; [1d20] = 10+3=13 miss; [1d20] = 8+3=11 miss; [1d20] = 13+3=16 miss

Finding an opening in Olban's armor the creature bites deep into his side.
[1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 points damage
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Olban valiantly remains paralyzed, his muscles stiffened in mighty weakness and a glorious war shout frozen on his lips.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer wields his staff in a flurry....

[1d20] = 9 to hit, [1d6] = 4 damage
[1d20] = 17 to hit, [1d6] = 2 damage
[1d20] = 8 to hit, [1d6] = 3 damage

Not sure how many attacks he get with fury of blows
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

OOC: Moving things along. I forgot to put the last save request in bold so BishGada may have missed it.
fort save for Vrunar [1d20+9] = 19+9 = 28 passed

Mortimer launches a blazing fast set of attacks with his staff, but only connects solidly once. 4 points damage (2 +2 str bonus) 13 points total

OOC: I noticed that Mortimer actually does more damage with his unarmed strike than his staff. And unarmed strike counts as a light weapon for the weapon finesse bonus, so his attack is better with it as well.

Third Round

Creature: 14 points damage
Olban: 4 points damage; paralyzed for 3 more rounds

Vrunar and Mortimers can make attacks before the creauture.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

OOC: ok, you talked me into it.

Dropping his staff, Mortimer presses his attack.

[1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 to hit, [1d8+2] = 2+2 = 4 damage
[1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 to hit, [1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6 damage