A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scene of the Crime

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer slips his right arm around the girl's waist and uses the left to discreetly drop the gold into her left. "What does it take to an an invite to the party upstairs?" he says as he begins to nibble on the meat and cheese. "And just what kind of party are we talking about here?
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mortimer and Vrunar
Kelemvor take my soul. Are you two with the city watch? The waitress whispers as she tries to rise up from the table ironically finding the monks arm holding her firm upon his lap as she squirms about. I'm not a rat what goes around telling other peoples business to the watch.

A hooded figure climbs up the ladder from the privy goes to the bar and begins speaking to Fists. Who in turn tosses a piece of cheese to a raccoon which had been sitting in a corner shelf. The raccoon then springs forth with its cheese hopping onto the nearest table. The regulars quickly snatch up up their drinks as the raccoon bounds from table to table.. Ole Bandits just a wee bit thirsty. Fists bellows.

Navi, Arnora, and Olban

Alek takes a half step back at Navi's advance then slowly lifts his head as her finger rises.. Yeah. Well, all your interesting parts are down there.

Olban enters the room to find the two party girls seated in front of a bald little skinny human fidgeting with his drink. (picture Steve Buscemi) The brasher girl sits leaning over the table with her hands propping up her chin. Olban catches the last part of the man's speech.

Kidnapping you say? Sounds like something the city watch would be asking questions about. Or is that what's happening now? As for this Jason guy? Never heard of em!

"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"Woe Woe! kidnappings you say? sounds like I'm in the wrong room again, or is it the right one this time. I was told I could find the good drink up here, this swill they served me downstairs is barely even helping with my hangover." Olban says as he enters, his voice carries a slight rasp as if from smoke inhalation. His shadowed face twists into an approximation of a grin as he says this, his scars pulling taut and contorting his features. He also gestures mildly with his tankard hand for emphasis, sloshing its contents about.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You think I'm the watch? Really" Navi replies with a musical tone, throwing her hair back her body shakes with laughter. "Oh, if I were the watch this place would be surrounded by guardsmen, but.. I'm not."

"Interesting," her head tilts towards Olban "the watch for instance would have no idea what a party is. Or where to find one." Grinning she walks round the table, watching Arnora with concern. Trust me, no one will hurt you, please relax. she sends to the girl as she walks.

I don't like this place, these men.. she tilts her head to Olban and Alek. They scare me. the young girl physically shivers pulling her cloak tighter.

Moving to the chair next to Lenter she lifts her left leg, slowly revealing her soft skin and the rose tattoo... "I hope we understand each other now." She says almost seductively her voice a slight purr. "I worry perhaps if I have made a mistake, I'll tell my employers that they Great Alek Lenter was unable to help me." Moving back she offers Olban a look.

"You my friend appear to have walked into something.. Shall we say out of your league.." Marching towards the strange looking man her blonde hair fluttering with each little step, parts of her body clearly on show. "The good ale?" Her giggle is quite infectious as she stands before him.

Turning back to Lenter she adds. "I'll tell my employer you couldn't help, thanks for your time." She pauses, "It's a shame really, finding this Jason could be quite lucrative. Quite lucrative indeed."

In the bar.
The cat stays in hiding, watching Mortimer and the others, the Barmaid bring his focus.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"well hang on a second or ten, sweet heart Olban throws on his most winning smile, the result is... well some might say repulsive.
"I may be out of my league, but lucrative is what I do, that and danger. If you've the coin, then i've the blade and the mind, when i've the will to use it." He puffs his chest a little as he talks himself up, despite his lesser qualities(and they're many) none can say that Olban lacks in physical strength.

As Olban attempts to carry out this conversation, he also searches for the good ale.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Fighting repulsion Navi tilts her head and raises her index finger. "Hold that thought." She spins on her heels, facing Lenter.

Arnora stands her hand on her sword hilt, red hair falling as she grits her teeth.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer uses his other hand to turn the girls chin so her face faces his. "I am not the watch, just used to a bit better drink. No worries here, but thanks anyway, here is your tip." He presses the gold into her hand and releases the barmaid from his lap and adds "You can think about it."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

The moment Mortimer puts his hands on the woman waist Vrunar gives him a piercing look. One that says, 'Watch it. Keep her dignity.' After Mortimer Vrunar adds, "My Lady, we are not the watch and we don't want you to rat out about people who have parties... as long as it doesn't harm others. We do care about the safety of the people. About your safety." Vrunar looks at her straight in the eyes all his features shows authority, confident and promise of security. He let her process it and adds, "There was an incident here recently. Such that hinder people safety. We want to make sure it doesn't repeat." he waits to see by her reaction if this is news for her and if not how afraid is she about the 'incident' that she is aware of.

====================================================================================
(OOC: Vrunar doesn't mention abduction explicitly since if the girl didn't hear about it, the new info will only cause panic. Incident can be interpreted in many ways so even if she knows about an incident it could be something else. A fight in the bar can also be 'Safety' issue but she would probably react in much less fear to it. When Vrunar will have her reaction he will consider how to continue.)
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mortimer and Vrunar

A frightened look remains upon the waitress' face but she stops squirming. Once the attention of the nearby regulars moves on, she whispers.
Look.. I don't knows what's they do in that room and I don't wants to know. People pays Bulaedo extra to use the room no questions asked. Ifs the watch comes in to look about, it's just a private party going on. That's all I know.

Meanwhile Bulaedo "Fists" finishes his conversation with the newcomer apparently unaware of any issue coming from Mortimer and Vrunar's table. The newcomer walks hurriedly back to the ladder descending to the jakes (privy) glancing about as he does so.

Please post spot checks for Mortimer and Vrunar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navi, Arnora, and Olban

Alek had remained uncharacteristically motionless during the exchange between the elf girl and the newcomer. As he steps up before Navi, he addresses Arnora and Olban.. You two take a seat.. Squatting down in front of her, Alek reaches for her ankle. If I may? Lifting her foot, he rubs his thumb across the rose. Just had to make certain it wouldn't wipe off strumpet. From there his gaze turns upward as his hand brushes up Navi's calf and thigh. Ah yes. I see the family resemblance now. What is it that we can do for each other princess?
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arnora sits down away from the men and as close to Navi as she can, crossing her arms she tries to keep her face level and calm. Placing her hands on the table they start to shake slightly.

"Do you often touch the ankles of ladies you don't know?" Navi asks softly "And have you ever found one that did rub off? I'd be interested to know." Moving his hand she motions to the table.

"Look like who?" She asks as she slips into the chair next to Arnora grasping her shaking hands tightly in her own. "I have no idea who you mean.. But I do know what I'm after." Her blue eyes fixing his gaze she continues, her features firm and resolved.

"Two nights ago there was an attack not far from here, some very important cargo was taken, very important to my people. Bodyguards vanished and one was extremely mistreated." She squeezes Arnora's hand tighter. "Someone planned it, someone knows something, what they are doing is bad for us all."

She looks over to the newcomer, "Who exactly are you? And why in the world are you in here." She asks with a concerned tone.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer continues to sit there appropriately, his hands falling by his side. "What does it take to get an invitation, or does one just go knock on the door?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar is irritated by the direction this conversation goes but he doesn't want to argue Mortimer in front of the girl. "Mort... what's the deal with the party? Are you having a celebration?" He smiles. "Don't worry, we will arrange something for you." Then he looks back at the waitress, "We came about something more serious. We don't care so much about that party room..." he reassures her adding to himself, 'unless it will be connected to the abductions.' After another moment he says, "few days ago some people were attacked in the vicinity and gone missing. Did you hear anything about it?" Vrunar asks focused on her face and eyes to note any recognition of the event.

==========================================================================
(OOC: Spot check 1d20+1 = 11)
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

" was told to come up here, same as you i'm guessin. Though i've no clue what these kidnappings are about more than whats on the streets. Bah, and the names Olban for all that means to you." Replies Olban, taking a long pull from his tankard as he finishes.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then Olban, if you intend to stay, I suggest you sit still and let the grown ups talk." Navi replies, "Maybe if you are lucky you might just get the good beer."

Down in the bar Yarie keeps and eye out, managing only to find a small mouse hiding under a table.
1d20+5=8

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mortimer and Vrunar

You pay Bulaedo a gold piece to use the room provided he deems you worthy to do so. The serving girl gets up from the table and starts for a group with empty mugs. Nobody in there right mind would openly talk about kidnapping here in the city. But come to think of it. That albino fellow was in here a few nights ago bragging about delivering a family of suckers to someone or the other. She moves on to the waiting regulars as she slips Mortimer's coin into her sash.

PM sent to BishGada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navi, Arnora, and Olban
Jenara wrote:"Do you often touch the ankles of ladies you don't know?" Navi asks softly "And have you ever found one that did rub off? I'd be interested to know." Moving his hand she motions to the table.
Well I prefer to touch a lot more than their ankles. Alek replies as he takes a seat. And I've found plenty that rub off, just no tattoos.
Jenara wrote:"Look like who?" She asks as she slips into the chair next to Arnora grasping her shaking hands tightly in her own. "I have no idea who you mean.. But I do know what I'm after." Her blue eyes fixing his gaze she continues, her features firm and resolved.
Well it's probably best for our relationship if we just keep it that way then, Strumpet.
Jenara wrote:"Two nights ago there was an attack not far from here, some very important cargo was taken, very important to my people. Bodyguards vanished and one was extremely mistreated." She squeezes Arnora's hand tighter. "Someone planned it, someone knows something, what they are doing is bad for us all."
Now look princess. Saying I did know something abouts what you're saying. I wouldn't necessary be at liberty to discuss things with anyones who didn't already knows about it, especially if that someone was like a competitor of theirs or something. You understand? Now that said. I feel really bad letting you leave empty handed on something so important to you. So I was thinking, maybe there might be a way we can do each other a favor here?
Namenlos wrote:" was told to come up here, same as you i'm guessin. Though i've no clue what these kidnappings are about more than whats on the streets. Bah, and the names Olban for all that means to you." Replies Olban, taking a long pull from his tankard as he finishes.
I can assure you that no one will be discussing kidnappings here tonight. Alek flips two silver pieces to Olban. Now go outside and watch the door. Don't let anyone else in here till we're done. After that you can give these two ladies whatever help they may want for the rest of the evening.