A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scene of the Crime

Post by Namenlos »

With hate in his heart and ice in his veins Olban struggles mightily to break the hold of the paralysis that has gripped his body.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

As it rises up Mortimer unleashes a devastating palm strike which ruptures the creatures underbelly, spilling its foul innards out upon the paralyzed Olban. The creature's (carrion crawler) carcass collapses on top of the prone warrior threatening to smother him if action isn't taken.

OOC: Olban will actually recover movement before suffocation, but no one would know that.

End of combat
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer looks around to verify the area is clear before attempting to drag the carcass off of their new acquaintance.

"I guess we should wait until he recovers before we move on."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar uses the time Olban is paralyzed to speak with Mortimer, "So, what do you think? It seems this man honestly came to help us and even almost sacrificed himself. Let's wait for him to recover and see if he knows anything that can help. By the way, great work with those hands. Your attacks seemed like one big blur but did the work."
When Olban recovers Vrunar speaks, "Thank you for your help. You have proven yourself trustworthy. So you said you come to help us. Do you information that can lead us forward?"

======================================================
(OOC: Sorry for the delay, I caught flu. mltillis thank you for rolling for me Fort. I wouldn't have done better myself.)
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

If Olban has not been freed by the time he regains the use of his limbs he will attempt to shift the beasts corpse from on top of him(strength check? [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13)

Once freed and able to catch his breath Olban will work to clear the gore that has most likely covered him and greet his new companions. "Well met! That was quite the introduction, wasn't it? I met a woman upstairs and she directed me down here to aid you. She told me that there is a secret door with the password mother down here somewhere."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Well, I am thinking that I have no idea where our quarry went. And how he eluded these things." Mortimer replies. He takes a little time to clean off the crap on his hands.

"Well met Sir. and thanks for your help."
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Examination of the creatures carcasses reveals that they most likely hunt as much from smell and sound as by sight. This type of creature could possibly be drawn to activity within its vicinity.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"Glad to meet you, and Happy to have provided a target for this beast! Haha"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

OOC: What do you guys want to do? Explore the sewers and search for Jason? Or try something else?
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well met." Vrunar grunts which still sounds like a nice introduction. "What woman sent you? There are more than a few women upstairs."

=====================================================
(OOC: Once concluding the conversation we will explore the sewers. We can't lose track of Jason but if possible we will avoid more battles)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Perhaps after all this we should to the bar and regroup. I am not sure following is a good idea" Mortimer says
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Waterdeep's sewers run beneath the entire city, with the notable exceptions of the harbor islands and the heart of Mount Waterdeep, forming a subterranean "dungeon" between the surface and the depths of Undermountain. The uppermost portions of the sewers are in present use and fairly good repair, thanks to the efforts of the Cellarers' and Plumbers' Guild. Many older, smaller tunnels are walled up and not in use - at least, not to carry sewage.

These are of two sorts of passageways- primary and secondary, according to size. Primary passages are 20 feet across and contain 3-foot-wide rail-less walkway ledges on both sides. Sewer workers cross passages by means of their 16-foot "catch-poles" to vault across or by the use of boards, which they lay down as temporary bridges. The catch-poles are also used for reaching below water level to clear debris from sewer gratings. Secondary passages are 12 feet across with a single 3-foot-wide ledge on one side (usually the more southerly or easterly). There are countless feeder pipes (any sewer pipe less than 1 foot in diameter) and tertiary tubes (which can be crawled through by a Medium or smaller creature) .

Junction rooms are usually 30-foot-by-30-foot stone cubicles, 20 feet high with a sitting ledge near the ceiling, above the muck. Surface shafts are 6 feet in diameter with iron rungs set in the walls to use as ladders to and from the sewers. The entrance to a surface shaft is a 3-foot-wide hole capped by a removable metal (or metal-banded wood) cover.

Waterdeep's sewers have masonry ceilings, walls, and floors. The floors are considered to be light rubble, thanks to all the debris that has been deposited over the years, adding 2 to the DC of Balance and Tumble checks.

Air: The air supply is reasonably good (from a survival standpoint) in the sewers, as the numerous small feeder pipes bring stench-ridden air down from the surface in addition to refuse.

Ambient Noise: The echoing water flow produces lots of noise, providing a -4 circumstance penalty on all Listen checks in the network.

Disease: The sewers are filled with tainted water. Any activity that results in a character's nostrils, mouth, eyes, or ears getting wet requires a DC 16 Fortitude save to avoid contracting blinding sickness. Anyone injured by a slashing or piercing attack (including natural bite, claw, gore, and sting attacks) must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or contract filth fever. Creatures who have survived in the sewers for an extended length of time are assumed to be immune to both afflictions.

Gratings: Sewer gratings are stout, but many are often old and rusty. They could be permanently set into stone walls or set to swing open on pivots when unlocked.
Iron Gratings: 2 in. thick; hardness 10 (8 if rusty); hp 60 (30 if rusty); break DC IS (23 if rusty).

Illumination: Generally, there is no light in the sewers except beneath a sewer grate, where the filtered sunlight is equivalent to an immovable torch.

Scent: A terrible stench pervades the entire network, providing a -4 circumstance penalty on Survival checks for tracking when relying on scent.

Tracking: Walkway ledges are generally coated in a thin sheen of slime, making them "firm ground" for purposes of tracking.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Assuming you have a light source. The junction room which the secret door opens into does not have a surface shaft. A primary sewer line connects on the "A" side; two secondary lines connect on the "B" side; and two primary lines connect on the "C" side. The flow appears to be traveling into the primary line on the "C" side which is closest to the "D" side. The stench is terrible but bearable. Water dripping and splashing echoes through the sewer lines.

Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"This appears to be quite the challenge ahead of us and we may want to, as you say, regroup before venturing forth. Replies Olban.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Ok." Vrunar says while considering their options. "Olban, you still didn't tell us what woman sent you. In any case you can go find her and... hmmm..." Vrunar stops in the middle of the sentence and tries to use Navi's telepathy trcik. 'Navi, Can you hear me?' he thinks. Waiting for her respond he stalls, "Do you have light source? We might see Jason steps in the slime and once we regroup we can follow in haste."

=============================================
(OOC: I'm not sure if Olban told us his name but I'll assume he did :))