Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, we don't have a lot of use for a cannon like that," Jocelyn admits. "So the Bullring would get it, and it would be useful against the Poisoned Curse," she added before she finally settles on looking at Gallath. "If your ex or your sister is the mage on the Poisoned Curse, what exactly are you looking to do? Convince her to leave? She seemed pretty loyal to the crew when I was on the ship."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana had followed Thaddeus. "I have studies ancient Eonian" she declares. "If you let me, I can help to get as much information out of this thing as possible. the more we know about what's facing us, the better." Her eyes gleam with the pleasure of finally being able to contribute something useful.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"My sister, I wish to save, but she would never be a pirate, not willingly. My ex, however... she killed everyone in my village with that demon. I will make her pay" he says.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, yeah," Sierra says. "The Bullring is definitely getting the cannon. None of you even have a ship to put it on anyway; if you did, you wouldn't need us."
Ouragana wrote:"I have studied ancient Eonian" she declares. "If you let me, I can help to get as much information out of this thing as possible. The more we know about what's facing us, the better."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time. It will take weeks to get there," Sierra says. "Thaddeus, set a course for Narin. It'll be our last stop to stock up on supplies. Gallath, you're welcome to come along, too. I'm sure there's plenty of treasure there to go around." She calls out, so the whole crew can hear, "Prepare to depart!"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"A demon attacked your village?" Jocelyn asks curiously.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros comments after Jocelyn, "And more interesting, your woman works with demons! What does it say about you?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana approaches Sierra. "One of the skills of storm sorcerers is to create sweet water out of salt water. So you could take on more cargo instead of barrels of sweet water" she offers. "And yes, I will study the artefact closely."

(OOC: If Sierra accepts, Ouragana will use Alligator Tears to supply the Bullring with freshwater and use as many spell slots as needed for that during the voyage.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Very good," says Sierra.

The crew begins working to get the ship underway. This isn't much, as the ship just docked a few minutes ago. They start raising up the anchor, retracting the boarding plank (after Val's cargo is finished being loaded up) and otherwise preparing to turn the ship around.

Thaddeus, who had gone to plot a course, returns again. "Course laid out, captain. I suspect it should take a little over a day to reach Narin."

Terra looks out toward Deimos. "A pity, I was looking forward to some shoreleave. But I guess I can wait one more day."

"It's not a vacation," Sierra reminds her. "We'll stay in Narin one day to restock our supplies, then we're off again."

"Dear sister," Terra responds, "is there no parade you won't rain on?"

Sierra shrugs. "Say, why don't the lot of you join us again for dinner in the captain's cabin," she says to the party. "I'm sure we've all had some new adventures we can share."

"Or we can just bore you with the old stories we told you last time," Terra adds. The two sisters wander off toward the main mast, speaking softly in dwarven. Thaddeus returns to his cabin to study his morning spells. Brock limps up to the aftcastle and stares out at Mond as it slowly gets further and further away.

=============

(OOC: You're all free to interact or do what you like. When everyone is ready to move on, have your character 'retire' to the guest cabin to replenish your spells/rest/pass time, or whatever and I'll skip ahead to the evening for the dinner scene. Your characters are not required to attend.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ouragana, may I speak with you for a moment?" Jocelyn asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes of course" Ouragna says, curious about what Jocelyn might have to say. She wasn't aware of any misdeeds or blunders she might have dommited.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

HorizonsDream wrote:"A demon attacked your village?" Jocelyn asks curiously.
"Yes, my girlfriend at the time summoned it. My falcon here slashed it while it was about to kill me. Some of the blood got in my hair and gave me this red streak."
BishGada wrote:Baeros comments after Jocelyn, "And more interesting, your woman works with demons! What does it say about you?"
"Trust me, I have no feelings for her anymore. I will make her pay."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Listen, we are on our way to kill pirates," Jocelyn says to the mage. "And I know you hate violence, so I have to know why you are here."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, you can't expect me to stay in this town, can you?" Ouragana answers, pointing to the burning town. "The very simple answer is, I have no other place to go. I asked the mage guild in Tu'Valie if I could stay there and help with the magic of the place. They did not want me. I haven't encountered a ship that needed a storm sorcerer. So at present, staying with you is the only way to ensure I have food and shelter.
And yes, it is true I hate violence. I would prefer not to use any. But I have learnt by now that this means tolerating other people's violence, let them murder innocents. In the end, I myself would become their victim as well. I will always try to achieve a peaceful solution. But I will fight if I must, disable the enemy and protect myself and mine with my magic. You can be sure of my loyalty, Jocelyn. Whe I think it is time to leave, I will tell you so openly. I will not sneak away." Ouragana's voice is soft as ever, but she tries to sound firm. Her eyes lock into Jocelyn's as she speaks.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val listens to the philosophical conversation, catching bits and pieces of it. "When are you going to see the need for fighting in tis world." she comments, not really expecting an answer.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I just wanted to make sure that you know that we aren't going to have peaceful negotiations with these pirates," Jocelyn stated. She understood what Ouragana was saying, and it kind of made sense. Though, she was a little surprised to see Val jump into the conversation.