Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

spyguy1503
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath sits next to Sierra, grabbing a glass of Elven liquor. To Baeros: "Absolutely. He was clubbed by one of those zombies. You are welcome to watch the training, and I appreciate your not feeding him. How do you know so much about birds of prey?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh... my uncle used to train some falcons, hawks and once even an eagle back in Mond. Me and my brother spent hours as children playing with them. But he didn't train them to fight and he didn't care for their loyalty too much, so we could pet and feed them. You on the other hand... from your looks I figured you train it for fighting and this is completely a different matter. By the way, where are you from?"
Hearing Sierra explanation to Val Baeros laughs but then when he gets that she was serious he mutters, "Typical... we always find ourselves doing the difficult tasks!"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana seems preoccupied during dinner. Especially when Sierra talks about the goup going onto the island by themselves, she looks positively worried. "The owner of the island was a powerful wizard who wanted to keep people off the island out of principle, not just to protect his property" she tells the group. "Unless I'll be able to learn some really powerful defensive magic from Thaddeus, we'll be pretty helpless."

She goes back to thinking, what means could there be to make artefacts to protect their group? Casting Continual Light on pebbles or coins for all of them might be a good start. They could be used both to find their way around and to blind enemies.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Baeros wrote:"Typical... we always find ourselves doing the difficult tasks!"
"That's sort of the point," Sierra comments. "After all, we're the ones risking our crew and our ship to fight your pirates for you. We have nothing to gain by doing so and everything to lose. It only makes sense that you lot take the risk in getting this cannon."

As they talk, a crewmember comes in with a cart with covered dishes on it. She begins to put a plate in front of each person, then lifts off the lid. Dinner tonight is a fish stew and a salad of mango, pineapple and crab.
caribbean-fish-stew.jpg
caribbean-fish-stew.jpg (25.42 KiB) Viewed 8054 times
mango-pineapple-crab-salad.jpg
mango-pineapple-crab-salad.jpg (171.47 KiB) Viewed 8054 times
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"I am from Hashadeth. I have no ties with the Blue Lightning though" and then very quietly, so that Baeros only can hear it, "Yet."
Characters:
Current:
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The smell of the food draws Ouragana fully into the present. "That's perfectly delicious!" she exclaims, just refraining from clapping her hands like a little child. "Thank you so much, I haven't had such great food since we've left Tu'valie!". She beams a grateful smile to Sierra and Terra.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val doesn't hesitate before digging in. After a few bites she continues the conversation. "But you must know more then you are telling us. What can we expect as we retrieve this 'cannon' for you?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"There are probably all sorts of dangers involved in getting the cannon," Jocelyn points out. "People or other things guarding it for example. Traps. It isn't going to be easy to get it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sierra shrugs and then nods at Jocelyn. "I'd say she has the right of it. It's been hundreds of years, so there's no telling what might be there now. But I would guess traps, golems, monsters--that sort of thing."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath speaks to Ouragana. "What do you know about demon blood?" he asks.
Characters:
Current:
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"About demon blood? Not more than the next man - or woman" Ouragana shakes her head. "It has never been an area of interest for me. I've studied navigation, languages and history, not arcane lore."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why do you want to know about demon blood?" Jocelyn asks.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros takes some food after Val and then give some to the dogs. He listens to the others discussing their mission but finds nothing more to add so he pours himself a glass of wine and looks first at
Terra and then around to see is anyone else interested. "How long do you think it will take us get there?" he asks Sierra.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath nods at Baeros for a glass of wine. "Some demon blood is what gave me this red streak in my hair. I was sprayed by it when Thrax, my hawk, saved my life. The demon was looming over me, but Thrax slashed him, giving me time to escape."
Characters:
Current:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Baeros wrote:"How long do you think it will take us get there?"
"We should reach Narin tomorrow afternoon," Sierra replies. "As for the wizard's island, that's harder to say. The island is very far out and isolated. It really depends on the weather, the wind, and other factors. I'd guess a week, maybe two, to get there."