Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 11: Dark Side of the Mond

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks over to Oura for a moment, then shakes her head. "Really, anything could have done that," she said as she slowly approached the dead bodies. "People can be...extremely cruel sometimes."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val gives a comment as well. "I tend to think of the most obvious first. Sure there might be other possibilities, but in my experience, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is usually a duck."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Oura looks at the bite wounds. Are they really of an appropriate size that people could have inflicted them?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Ouragana approach the bodies for a closer look. Areilon sticks close to them, keeping an eye out.

The wounds could have been inflicted by any number of creatures, but it is very unlikely they were caused by humans. The teeth marks in particular indicate the creature had fangs, not the overall flat teeth of a person.

One of the bodies doesn't seem to be quite dead yet. An elven man, with claw marks slashed down his chest, groans softly.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn quickly moves to the elven man, and tries to start tending to his wounds. "It's okay," she says softly.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val stands guard, scanning the area but not knowing what she is looking for. "Be quick about it. See what he knows."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana asks Andar and Val, their warriors: "Which side should I look?" She wants to help watching out for trouble.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn has no bandages or medical kit with her, so she is forced to tear off the sleeves of her own shirt (it's been rather hot lately for long sleeves anyway) to make bandages. She then starts to wrap up the elf's wounds.

The elf's age is impossible to discern, as with most of his kind. His skin and hair are black, but his eyes are a light grey. He feebly tries to fight off Jocelyn, eyes full of fear, but he is too weak to even try. "It's alright," Areilon says softly. "We're here to help you."

Once the priestess is done, he coughs. "L-League...attacked the city. Only a few, but...they had powerful wizards with them. One of them summoned some kind of creature. Let it loose into the city. It summoned another, and that one summoned another...there's no telling how many there are now." He looks down at his bandaged wounds. "One of them killed all these people. It slashed at me with its claws, but...then just left. It ate some of the others, but just left me here, alive. Why?" He looks up at the party. "Why was I spared?"

===========

Jocelyn makes a healing check on the elf [15] (1d20): 12, success. She tends to his wounds.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val listens, then spits. "Wizards."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't know," Jocelyn admits honestly. "Do you think you can walk?" she asks. "We would like to take you to a safer place."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Monst people never find answers to that question" Ouragana says softly, soothingly. "But perhaps what you saw can help to spare others. what do these creatures look like?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn wrote:"Do you think you can walk?"
"I...I don't know. I think so." Areilon helps the elf to his feet. He's a little wobbly, but able to stand.
Ouragana wrote:"What do these creatures look like?"
"Like red frogs with teeth and claws...but they walk upright, like we do," he says. "They are not of this world, that much I can say for sure."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Let's get him back to the docks," Jocelyn says to the others. "And everyone keep your eyes open. Those creatures might still be here."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana nods and makes room for Areilon and the elf in the center of the group. She keeps to the right front of the group, continuing to light the way.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Alright, back to the ship then." Val says, still on guard with her bow.