Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 4: False Gods

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 4 - False Gods

Post by HorizonsDream »

"There are a couple of friends that I can ask to help out," Kendra says.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Darga takes his leave of Tulbas with a few mumbled instructions on where to find him and makes his way out of the warehouse with a noted hurry. Once away from the cult's headquarters, he slows again and walks back to Trench's house. Unlocking the door, he goes inside and digs out enough food for a modest meal.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (Unknown location, Harbor District)
"Are these friends of yours trustworthy?" asks Necolai. "Or should we keep them on a need-to-know basis?"

Darga (12 River Way, Trench Residence)
Darga returns to Kynaston's place and digs around in the pantry for any remaining food. He finds enough food to last another couple of days, maybe longer if he rations it out carefully. His stomach rumbles angrily, as it is evening and he hasn't actually eaten anything yet. He quickly puts together a modest meal and finds a half-empty keg of ale in the pantry to drink.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"They are a little strange," Kendra admits. "But I think I can trust them."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas calls after Darga, "Wait, I'll go with you. I need to check on my uncle anyway." he then goes with Darga in the street and when they part ways he reminds the dwarf with a little embarrassed smile, "Don't forget to lock after you." and he goes to the shop. Listening to his own advise he locks it after getting in.
At the shop he asks Gregeddin if there was any change in his uncle condition and then he tells him about the cult's celebration later in the night should he want to visit it.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin greets Tulbas in the shop, "I'm sorry today he has not so much as stirred, but on the other hand we have not been disturbed by any black robed mages. Perhaps he missed the commotion of your uncle returning in the middle of the market. Was there any word of Darewind coming to help your uncle, or getting people together to hunt this Giant?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll leave it to your discretion then," Necolai says. "You can contact us through the bartender at the Grinning Goat. Just tell him you need to speak with Crystal, and she'll show up when she can. Do us this little favor, and we'll see about making an alliance."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Catching on the bard's humor, Tulbas forces a small smile even that his uncle is still in bad shape. "To my own surprise the cult agreed to help with the giant hunt. They are assembling a list of followers who have fighting skills and will provide some manpower to dig traps once we know where we want them. Tomorrow we are going to meet these people and choose the fighting force. Also, Darewind said he will come to help my uncle as soon as he is available. The most disturbing news is about the cult going for a takeover of the city tomorrow. I don't know how to prevent the bloodshed. I'm sure a lot of people will use this opportunity to plunder and kill whoever they like, settle accounts or just steal for themselves, whether cultist, Holy Guard, refugees or just unlucky citizens." He shakes his head worryingly. "Anyway, you probably should get there in order to attend to the celebration they are having tonight. Oh, and another thing. Try to catch Kendra on your way and warn her that tomorrow is an open season on the Holy Guard."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra stands from the chair that she was sitting in. "I'll do what I can," she says. "And, uh, nice meeting you."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Very well," says Necolai, remaining at his seat. "Oh, and just so you know, if you should return here, we'll have long since cleared out the building."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Hellor R-, err, Keeper. Is there a specific time you'd like me to perform tonight? I hear there's gonna be some sort of party downtown so my presentation might conflict with that. Also have you seen Mr Hunter? I think I've found some people that could help him with his troubles."
Veni Vidi Vici
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"My! Time is moving quickly, the Giant hunt in two, takeover in one. Do you really think there will be as much violence and looting as before? Or is it naive to think the city might be united...

It's good for your uncle though if Darewind can help him. Are you going to watch over him this evening or will you be joining in the festivities at the cult?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Steel Tankard, Common room)
"Now's as good a time as any," the barkeep says. "We'll be serving dinner soon, so it'll be a full house. Mr Hunter? Oh, right. The huntsman. Hmm, I saw him not too long ago. I think he headed to the outhouse out back."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra smirks a bit at the man but nods. "Understood," she says. She finally turns to leave, figuring she should return to her passed out husband.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I'll stay with my uncle." Tulbas says. "Don't forget to warn Kendra. I think there will be a lot of violence. Humans just love riots and plunder, no matter what are the ideas behind the riot." he says with contempt.