Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 4: False Gods

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 4 - False Gods

Post by JadedDM »

Tulbas, Darga and Haahqae (Cult Hideout, Harbor District)
Darga spends the next hour setting up rat traps throughout the warehouse, until he runs out of wire. He winds up using about half the fish and beef in his pack to bait them all.

Afterward, the man looks over his work. "Well, that should keep the blighters at bay, least for awhile, anyways," he says. "Good job, friend dwarf."

Kendra Greylock (Unknown location, Harbor District)
Necolai raises a brow at Kendra's cryptic assertion. "Well, we know things are getting tense with that new cult in town. One of your fellow Holy Guard arrested their leader, and that's what caused the recent riot. Seems like things will only get worse now. We've been setting up some safe houses throughout the city, in case full anarchy erupts."
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"Those should work fer a while," Darga agrees. "If'n ya were watchin', ya saw how ta set them snares up again after they've caught rats. An' if'n ya can't use th' rats fer anything else, ya kin chop 'em up an' use 'em as bait fer more rats. An' let me know if'n ya need me ta set some more."

Finished with the traps, Darga wanders back towards where he left Tulbas and Haahqae.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Like I said, I'm not sure if it will be something else that changing things or the refugees," Kendra admits. "I just know that something is going to happen. With that in mind, can I consider you an ally?" she asked.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I understand." Tulbas says to Nora, "Still, could you make any effort to prevent the cultist from harming and raiding the innocents? Anyway, I'll go search for Biggs and Wedge." Then he smiles, "Nice to see you."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Darga returns to Tulbas after helping with the traps. Haahqae, meanwhile, is still conversing with Biggs and Wedge on the other side of the warehouse.

"Well, that depends," Necolai says. He tents his hands and leans forward a bit. "What exactly can you bring to the table, so to speak?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"There isn't much I can offer, I'm afraid. Other than my sword," Kendra says with a sigh. The Holy Guard have pretty much ignored them since the refugees flooded in, and she didn't really have any money. That all belonged to her parents and her new husband.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas says goodbyes to Nora and leads Darga through the crowd until he sees Biggs. He waves at him, standing on his toes, and keeps moving forward. When he arrives he sees also Wedge and Haaque. With a genuine smile he shakes Biggs and Wedge's hands and says, "Hi! A lot have changed in these several last days. I see you have already met my companion Haaque, and here is Darga." he gestures the dwarf and leads him forward his hand on the dwarf shoulder. "Nora told us you are helping finding warriors to fight the giant. Haaque is the one brought the subject to my knowledge. How things go?"
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Oh yeah the stories they tell. Stories I heard though is that they're dumb as a brick and you could fool one into thinking a rock was a cabbage by painting it green. It should be no match for a group of heroes led by yours truly, especially if we have power players in it like that mage guy... uh Tulbas, and tha that heal infront of crowd dude, Kelryn." Then turning to greet the new arrival, Haahqae grins.

"Speak of the devil. Its going great. These two here have a fine list of recruits to help us. We'll have that giant dead in no time."
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, a good sword is always useful," Necolai states. "But I feel you have the potential to offer so much more. You are a Holy Guard, after all. You have access to their plans, their patrols, their...shall we say, secrets? Such things would be incredibly valuable to an organization such as ours."

"Right, well it's slow going," Biggs says. "There are over two thousand people to talk with, after all."

"But we should have a full list by tomorrow," Wedge adds. "If you lads want to come by then, you can help us find the best ones to make the team."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I could give you their patrol routes," Kendra says. "But there are so few of us now that I don't think it matters much. It is almost too easy to get around us."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Necolai gives an exaggerated sigh. "I suppose you're right about that. There's simply no challenge anymore." He perks up. "Well, there is one thing you can help us with to prove your loyalty. We are setting up some safe houses in case things get worse. They are underground--literally, down in the abandoned sewers of the city. Unfortunately, something down there keeps killing the men we send down there. Here's a situation where a good sword arm or two could come in handy."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Now, that seems like something I might be able to help with," Kendra says. "Do you have any more details other than something is killing your men?" she asked.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sure. We will come. We should also consider tactics. We already started discussing the matter, and will have to scout the area of his attacks to llok for good places to put traps and set ambush. Oh, we could use man force from the cult that are not warriors for that matter." Tulbas turns to Haaque, "Maybe we should bring tomorrow also the hunter who brought the matter up?"
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Sure that's a great idea. He might be afraid of going to hokey pokey magic places, but he should be totally fine with meeting at the cult's place. Anyways good work Biggs and Wedge, it's not everyone who can create a giant slaying army in one day, but you two are up to the task. Maybe I should go tell him about the plan, yes that would be a good idea. Good luck all, and hopefully I'll see you at the celebration." With that Haahqae looks to go back to the Steel Tankard to look for the huntsman, and the innkeeper.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Not much, I'm afraid," Necolai says, leaning back in his chair. "Actually, I suppose we can't say for complete certain they are being killed. They just vanish. No sign of them is found again. No bodies, no remains. It's really hindering our efforts, to say the least."

Tulbas and Darga (Cult Hideout, Harbor District)
"Well, we'll leave the tactics and stuff to you guys then," Wedge says. "We'll just make the list."

Haahqae (Steel Tankard, Common room)
Haahqae leaves the warehouse and starts to make his way to the Tankard. It's Eleventh Watch at this point, so it's quickly becoming dark out. Once he arrives, he squeezes past the crowd of people that have started to fill up the common room as night approaches. The innkeeper is the first one he sees, behind the bar as usual.