Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 4: False Gods

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 4 - False Gods

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra looks around the tavern for a few moments, as if just taking in the general populace before she approaches Crystal. "Evening," she says as she sits down in front of the girl.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Darga remains silent, and stays a respectful few paces back from Tulbas and Nora. Trying to act uninterested, he looks about the warehouse, hoping to spot any trouble before it comes the way of him or his companions.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"That would be great. Thanks." Tulbas answers Nora and gives her his home address. "Do you need any help here? I'm sure would like to hear Darewind speech."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (Grinning Goat Tavern, Common room)
"Well, well, if it isn't the blushing bride," Crystal says with a snarky grin. "Honeymoon over already?"

Tulbas, Darga and Haahqae (Cult Hideout, Harbor District)
"Certainly, we're just preparing for the feast tonight," Nora says. "We could use some help in preparing the food and getting the tables and chairs set up, if you like."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Seems that way," Kendra says with a small shrug. "You would have thought I would be the one to drink too much, but I was wrong on that account."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ha! That's men for you," Crystal says. "So, you ready to meet with the boss?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yeah, sure," Kendra says.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hmm... Of course, I'd like to help, but I mean to check on my uncle from time to time. Where are Wedge and Biggs?"
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

At Tulbas's agreement, Darga wanders away from the others and looks for a place to help out, whether with the cooking, cleaning, setup, or anything else. When he finds a likely task that needs to be done, he politely offers to help. "'M sorry ta bother ya, but kin I help ya wit' what yer doin'?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Crystal gets to her feet. "This way," she says with a light gesture, then after a quick look around, puts up her hood and heads out the back door, into a dark alley.

"Oh, those two have been assigned to interviewing all of our members, to see who among them has any fighting skills," Nora explains to Tulbas. "We've recently learned there's a giant terrorizing the refugees left outside of the city, so we're hoping to recruit a group to protect them until we can take over and let them all in. Plus, it will be useful to know who can and cannot fight when we take down the Holy Guard--or what's left of them."

The person Darga approaches is a middle aged man with black hair, green eyes and brown skin. "Aye, maybe you can be o' some help," he says, looking down at the Aghar and rubbing his chin. "You a dwarf, right? Dwarfs are good at like, buildin' stuff, yeah? We're trying to build some traps to catch the rats 'round this area. Damn things get into what little food we got stored. Since the weather turned cold, they've been taking shelter in whatever warm place they can, and that means this big warehouse, too. Well, can't have 'em eating our food and spreading disease, so we need to make some good traps."
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Darga considers for a moment, then says, "I reckon I kin rig up some snares ta catch rats. If'n ya got some wire an' th' like, I kin start now, otherwise I'll need ta get some m'self." He thinks for a few more moments before hesitantly suggesting, "Ya know, most people won't think 'bout it, but ya could use th' rats ya catch ta help feed th' refugees. People get hungry enough, an' they don' care where there food comes from or what it used ta be. Th' people on th' street are desparate, an maybe are gettin' hungry enough."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra follows after the woman quietly. She was a little surprised that she was willing to trust her considering that she was a guard. For all she knew, this could have been a huge trap.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The man assigns a couple of youths to go collect some wire for Darga. They run off to comply.

To Darga's suggestion, the man runs a hand through his hair and says, "I wish I could say we aren't desperate enough to consider it. Problem with rats, though, is they carry lots of disease. Maybe a dwarf is sturdy enough to shrug it off, but we humans are a bit more fragile, you know?"

Kendra Greylock (Unknown location, Harbor District)
Crystal leads Kendra down the alley, around a dark street corner, and into several more alleys. Kendra knows the city pretty well, but soon even she isn't sure where they are anymore. They seem to double back several times in the process and appear to be taking a very complicated and overly long route to reach wherever it is they are going.

Eventually they approach a small, run-down building somewhere in the harbor district. Kendra has no idea even what street it is on. The place looks abandoned--the windows are boarded up, the paint is peeling and cracked, and the roof is missing a few shingles. Nevertheless, Crystal walks up to the door, glances around to make sure nobody is watching, then knocks twice, once, twice again, and then four times. "Now we wait," Crystal says.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Wedge and Biggs ya say? Well I say we might help them out a bit, it'll be good to know who we're working with to take down that giant I told Kelryn about. Also what can be more exciting then watching a hastily set up tournament?" Haahqae starts wandering off in search for the pair mentioned, then realizes he doesn't know what they look like. "Say where did you say I could find this duo? Just look for two burly men with a bunch of weapons strapped to their backs?"
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"And how long are we going to be waiting?" Kendra asks softly. They weren't exactly in the safest spot in the city, so she was on her guard.