A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

slamo
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Temple of Torm: Temple of Terror

Post by slamo »

Xiindor speaks[Can someone show me the the direction to the chambers where Ag was last known, I would like to start searching for answers there. the longer we waste interrugating this vile creature, the harder it will be to find anything of importance. *] Xiindor turns and exits the room , awaiting someone to point the way or tell her how to find this place.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"This one IS evil." Vrunar tells Mortimer fury in his eyes. "Just try to sever her connection with her master and take this damned thing of your finger before you hurt her, yourself or someone else." Vrunar says to Navi, missing the fact she had difficulties with the ring a moment ago.

=====================================================
(OOC: I posted this message yesterday but for some reason it had disappeared. Truly strange things happen between the walls of the temples of Waterdeep :))
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

~Ignore him.. He doesn't understand.~ Navi sends to the now enthralled Kata. ~The great Lord wants you to listen to me.. Why else would I have the Masters ring?~ She projects once more.

~Silence, please? Yes its evil, but can evil not be used to fight evil? Evil turns on itself eventually.. It leads to destruction. Now I would rather have a Theological debate when I am NOT wrestling for my soul thank you.~ Even in his head Vrundar can sense the struggle she is facing. ~I could make her my slave, if I told her she would eat dirt and like it.. That sort of power is.. Corrupting.~ she admits with some reluctance.

"She needs clothes, Please get some." She directs that to both Mortimer and Vrundar, "My home is safe to hold her."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Jenara wrote:"Kata, I want you to tell us of the Children. The elves are being taken by Fealar aren't they? He controls them, doesn't he?"
"I do not know the specific fate of the Danicen children. Gathering the wayward members of House Ealoeth before House Dlardrageth rises is not my current mission. Such things are done discretely by others, those who do not ask too many questions. Several lesser rings were sent out to facilitate in safely returning our lost brethren to the protection of House Ealoeth. Faelar could have controlled them with the master ring once he was aware of them. However Sinistra rejected our Lord Faelar's kindness and absconded with his ring, placing all of the family at risk. She is truly a vile ungrateful creature."

Arnora who had been overwhelmed by her surroundings reacts to the mention of the Danicen children. The girl leaps towards Kata placing her blade to the bound woman's throat. "Others? Who are the others? Tell me who has little Alinar and Venali!"
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sshh." Navi says softly, placing her hand on Arnora's, grasping the blade. "She doesn't know. There are others, I expect I was to be one of them." She says out loud, "We will find them. You promised to trust me, please?" She looks directly into the girls eyes pleadingly.

~Fealar seeks the ring, without he is limited..~ She sends to Vrundar, ~As evil as it is, it can be a useful force for good, if used correctly.~

"Like you I only know part of what is happening here, help me." She asks Kata, "I can ensure you are healed." Expecting the reaction from Arnora she lowers her eyebrows. "We need to know which of his targets he has found."

~You wish to aid me.. Finding how many children were taken is your new task. You will treat Arnora with respect and kindness.~ Navi projects to Kata, her guts twist causing her to stumble and fall over the table, resisting the evil smile her body wishes to produce she gasps.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

It seems the game is losing its momentum here with the interrogation. So, let me intercede for a moment. If this was a tabletop, everyone would be sitting around discussing what to do next and would decide in a few minutes. How about everyone take a moment to review the active missions thread and then vote for what to do next in OOC, or vote for a party leader if you wish. It's okay for the characters to disagree and argue about things.

Kata will be a source for much information as the game develops and you move on to confront greater threats. But as she has shown, her knowledge of specifics in Waterdeep outside her personal mission to recapture Sinistra is limited. Although there may be a question or two that could still be asked of Kata, at this point you will soon have to follow up on leads to one of your more pressing missions.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

'I can feel your struggle and I fear for you. To use evil against evil might cause you lose your way. Is there anyway I can add my will to yours? To keep you honest and kind?' Vrunar asks in Navi's mind.
'Now why Faelar is looking for the ring? Was it his? Does this ring controls also his other servants Kata mentioned?'
To the others he says, "No, Kata will stay here. If she really changes her behavior she will be treated well. We can bring her acolyte robes, she will be fed, cleaned and guarded from her master in here. If we are done with the investigation, we should go with Arnora as we planned."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Too much..." She sighs.."There is so much infomation, its like the knowledge is there on the tip of my blade, yet it eludes me.. " With her hand still resting on the Raiper held by Arnora she looks down at the girl almost pleadingly.

"There is something.. Sally's journal, Arnora you said..?" Closing her eyes she lowers her head. "Malar, The Hand..? Its all linked, House Nandar... So foolish of me. We need to look at her journal again, Arnora you could be key here."

"Kata.." Was that her real name? "Tell me of Hugh." ~You know the hand, I know you do... He took the children. ~ she adds privately. ~One last test. What did you do with Kata? ~ She asks with a wink.

"I think I know where the trail will lead. Arnora can you track?" She asks quietly

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Jenara wrote:"Kata.." Was that her real name? "Tell me of Hugh." ~You know the hand, I know you do... He took the children. ~ she adds privately. ~One last test. What did you do with Kata? ~ She asks with a wink.
"I know not of this Hugh save that he frequents Sinistra's abode. My dealings concerning the acquisition of lesser members of our family have been with Ahmaergo the third of the Hand and Master of Slavers when they are necessary. However, securing the master's ring and returning his favorite Sinistra has been my priority since the harlot fled. She has lain low almost always journeying outside her manor by secret means, always in disguise and hidden from scrying. When her mother arrived in Waterdeep, I saw an oppurtunity to finally get close to Sinistra. Utilizing the Xanthar Guild's agents, I was able to monitor Vestele's movement's in Waterdeep until her sudden disappearance. I was preparing to report the loss of another Vestele to Lord Faelar, when Kata arrived. I've secretly followed her ever since waiting to see if she would find Vestele or come into contact with Sinistra. When she and the wild elf fell victim to the Nandar beast lord, I had little choice but to assume her guise and continue in her stead. Such access to Sinistra's allies and dealings will not present itself again." kata replies.
Jenara wrote:"I think I know where the trail will lead. Arnora can you track?" She asks quietly
"Yes... A little bit." says the young half-elf.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Navi nods slowly as she backs away bringing the young half elf with her. "I think I understand now." She motions to Vrundar. "See that she is dressed and remove her from the device and move her to the room Arnora once resided in. I would suggest a guard is left, but she is fed and cared for."

~You will be safe here, your mission to find the ring was a success, now it falls on others to carry on the task you started, the priests will feed you and keep you safe, in turn you will respect them, and not hurt them in anyway.. I will be most unhappy if you do so.~ She projects through the ring, ~if you have need of me, you have but to call. ~ With that she collects the Raiper scabbard and leaves the room, Arnora hopefully in tow.

Collecting up Sally's journal Navi collects a spare sheet of parchment, sits cross legged and motions to the girl to sit by her. "She is a victim, a piece in a game perhaps.." Flicking through she starts to jot down thoughts..

"Fealar is trying to capture Sinistra, he needs the ring I carry.. One I cant remove.. The elves are being taken, they use items like this ring, and other devices to control them, why they had no will. My guess is that " Hugh the hand" is working with Horingar Nandar.. Or Elf Slayer.. He follows Malar." Shaking her head she frowns, "We have lost two members of the group to them."

Placing the journal on the ground she sighs. "I would like to go where the children were taken, and to follow the clues if we find them. If the others join us there is no need for alarm. You have a blade, and you have my protection. But we go to my home first, find you suitable clothing, and then to the alley.. Where in Castle Ward? Lest the others ask? "

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar walks close to Navi. He accepts the terms to deal with the fiend an relay them to a guard close by. When she mentions the ring again he asks, "Why would Fealar need the ring to capture Sinistra, could you locate Sinistra with the ring you are wearing? And regarding removing it, we can call Hammerfold. I'm sure he can assist with it. We probably should. In the name of Bahamot, look deeply into your soul and tell me you can win the struggle with evil occurring in your mind."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Have you not figured it out? The ring can control them, his family. As well as being extremely evil, it is extremely powerful." Did she need to explain more?

"There is no struggle when I am not using it, even with the..after effects.." She laughs a little the noise sounding closer to a small choir, almost magical. The smell of roses rises slowly, filling Vrundar's nostrils... "I'm sorry but my soul is off limits, if I appear to be weakening, you will tell.." She winks.

"Arnora, can you find the alley? Perhaps if someone can find a map? We can plot how close we will be to the Nandar Estate.." Looking up at Vrundar she grins. "You find it hard following the leadership of a woman, one who is to her own people no more than a girl. Meet me and Arnora at the Alley, and we will go from there."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer is confused. "Just what the hell IS going on. Is there a plan, or do we just go our separate ways?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What is going on..?" Navi murmurs softly, "I need a map of Castle and North Wards, or even better the North of the City. But the situation is thus: Fealar, the first born son of Vestelle appears to be trying to capture his mother and other Sun Elves of certain bloodlines, when they are taken devices such as the ring I can't get off are used to control them." Pausing she checks Sally's notes.

"House Nandar appear to be responsible, the true Kata and a wild elf called Kadrian were scouting the house when they vanished.. The creature in there has been brainwashed, she has no clue who she is, but she believed herself to be Kata.." Checking they were all following she continues.

"The party as it stood have vanished, Kean held this ring, and no doubt now has nine fingers, the others have fled or were taken.." She frowns at that. "Plus we have Ag.. And Hugh, you were employed by him correct?" She directs that at Mortimer.. "I have reason to believe he is involved.. And yet he wants us to rescue Sifrey.. A plea I cannot ignore."

"I suggest we go to where the Danciens were taken, follow that trail, then visit the Temple of Torm. I will be rescuing the Maiden from the ball, but trust nothing of the infomation we were given." Looking round she frowns deeper. "Where are the others?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LilDavid67
Peasant
Peasant

Post by LilDavid67 »

With only sounds of discussion coming from down the hall, Egewulf returns to the group to see what their next step will be.