A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Chapter 2: Temple of Torm: Temple of Terror

Post by mltillis »

The Wandering Wemic is located in Sea Ward, Waterdeep.

Located in the angle between an alley and two streets, this large, recently opened inn offers ample, airy, well-lit rooms, new furnishings, clean surroundings, high rates, and an efficient, numerous staff-including bouncers to keep undesirables out. The 10 sp/room per day rate includes stabling, a valet service for cleaning and repairing clothes and boots, and a bottle of wine per head per evening, but no food. The proprietor Cheth Thanion provides a good place for wealthy merchants who want no trouble over a place to stay.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Temple of Torm: Temple of Terror

Post by BishGada »

After meeting High-Priest Hammerlord Hykros, Vrunar could not sleep. He stayed at the temple, pondered the matter and prayed, prayed to find the path to correct the wrongs brought upon Thavin. The suspicions brought against Ag, High Priest himself, left Vrunar shaken. 'How such a thing even possible. The gods look deeply to the man soul and heart. They wouldn't allow a corrupted person achieve such high rank in the temple.' he thinks to himself naively. 'Bahamut... First and foremost of the dragons, who taught us that justice can be merciful, I take comfort in the knowledge of your history. This is an evil cloud hangs around us, but goodness will prevail as it did before. I find myself on a crossroad where there is no signs on the different paths, but I have faith that you will guide me. You and your teachings to oppose evil, protect the weak, liberate the oppressed and defend just order will be beacon in my path.' He looks around in the temple at the paintings of previous high priests, of fights between good and evil led by famous paladins, and eventually finds a picture depicts wars between dragons where Bahamut leads hundreds of dragons to battle. 'oppose evil, protect the weak, liberate the oppressed and defend just order' he thinks to himself, then looking at the window he sees dawn had come.

Calming himself he concentrates and conjure the image Bahamut in his imagination in front of him, as clear as he can, and promises Bahamut to return the order and destroy the evil working in here. With that resolve he strides out to the Wandering Wemic Inn.

Vrunar enters the inn, strides few steps in, every small movement indicates confidence. His face calm, his eyes piercing. It is obvious he does not judge others, even as his eyes rests on some questionable drunken sitting in dark corners, and that his heart is kind, as compassion fills his eyes when they rest on some old beggar. After taking a first glance around Vrunar scans the room again looking for Thavin's companions by the description, Hammerlord had given him.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

As he moves into the inn's common room, Vrunar notices a lady enter wearing a wide brimmed plumed hat with a peacock feather sticking out. Her face is partially hidden by the brim of the hat. She sports a rapier at her side and is dressed in black leather breeches and a plain white shirt. Her movements and physique hint at an elvish lineage....
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Keeping her hand on her Rapier hilt the Elf heads to the bar scanning the common room as she does so. "Glass of your best please?" She shifts the hat so that her face is visible.

"I'm looking for someone, actually a few people, mostly a cleric of torm.. I believe he has a room here."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The proprietor, a rather large man gives the elven lass a condescending look over as pours a blue liquid from a crystal decanter... "That group m'lady? The one called Thavin has a room at the end of the hall. Not the type you should be seen slumming with if you ask me... Tell your man he was a bit too loud with that lass last night. He'll get no more warnings and no refund, if my guests are disturbed once more. You should all go to the House of Purple Silks if that's the type of evenings you fancy."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

As Vrunar sees the elf he immidiately becomes concerned of her safety. He watches her approaches the bar and after not detecting any other person in the room answering Thavin vague description of his companions, he approaches the bar himself. Trying to keep the woman privacy he keeps his mind to himself, but as Thavin names arises he focuses and listens to the conversation. Hearing the proprietor complains,Vrunar interrupts him in alarm, "Excuse me, do you claim that Thavin was here this night? Do you claim he is currently in his room?"
==================================================
(OOC: I must appologize if I'll made assumptions that are not true. It might take me a while to synch with the game history, just correct me at OOC and I will edit the post, but as I understand, Vrunar got the impression from the High Priest that Thavin is on the run (if not dead), so he is immediately suspecting that it is not Thavin who made the noises last night)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Navi lets out a little snort of derision, the likes of her indeed. "He was heading here, that I know." Giving the newcomer a glance she frowns, "He was not alone, interesting, and a priest at that."

"You say his room is at the end of the hall?" She asks as she sips the drink, enjoying the taste. "Nice flavour, I'm guessing its not cheap." Spinning on the heels of her boots she turns to the stairs. "Who are you to them?" She asks, frowning at the newcomer.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

BishGada wrote: "Excuse me, do you claim that Thavin was here this night? Do you claim he is currently in his room?"
Turning his attention to Vrunar... "Well it is his room is it not?" Cheth Thanion say dryly... "Though he's had a half dozen people in and out at all hours, including an unbathed wild-elf... This will not do. My guests pay well for quiet discretion and no disturbances..."

An auburn-haired priest of Torm arrives at the Wemic. Glancing about worriedly he dashes for the stairs. Navi recognizes him as one of Thavin's allies at the previous night's battle. Likewise Vrunar notices that he matches the description of Turic Redstone. The young priest clutches a book against his side...

((OOC: Nothing to worry about BishGada. No one character had or has a complete picture of the events going on. This is picking up the morning after with things in motion. ))

(( Edit: Forget to include response to Vrunar earlier. ))
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Without waiting for a response Navi turns to the innkeeper, "I trust a gold will suffice." And darts up the stairs, following Turic.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Quicker than the large man, Navi is able to overtake Turic before he reaches the door to Thavin's room...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(I'll wait on Bish, I am on my holiday as of tomorrow, so slight delays might ensure as I shall be enjoying the British seaside.)

Pushing the door wide with abandon she puts a hand to her sword hilt.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

A disturbing scene greets your gaze into Thavin's room.... The furniture has been tossed about, and a great deal of blood lies upon the rug among the torn remnants of clothing... A young raven haired female lies unclothed upon the bed... She is alive, the rise and fall of her breast evident from the doorway. Nor does she appear to be wounded, just sleeping...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Turic, Please wait." She turns moving towards the stair, "You." She points to the newcomer, (I'm guessing he follows) "You know Thavin? Please come up here."

With that she turns into the room, pulling on a pair of black gloves, "Do you know her?" She asks Turic.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Yes... well no... The cleric stammers... Her name is Kata. We met for the first time two days ago at the temple of Torm. She has a wild-elf companion named Kadrian. They visited the temple of Torm seeking information about a missing companion.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar looks at Turic rushes the stairs, then at the woman darting after him and passing him. He takes a glance at the proprietor and says, "I see what you mean... Unfortunately, Thavin isn't responsible for that mess. He is missing. I'll take the room for the following days and I'll make sure there won't be anything but order and quiet in the room. The church of Tyr will take care of the expenses."
Vrunar follows the woman and Turic to Thavin's room, when he sees the naked lady he immediately turns his eyes to the ground.
Seeing the blood he asks, "Is she hurt?" when he is assured she isn't he asks, "Please cover her if you may." After she is covered and all of them are in the room Vrunar closes the door.
"It seems some introduction is required." he says quietly. "You must be Turic, High Priest Hammerlord told me about you." he looks at the priest, then shifts his gaze to the elven woman. "My name is Vrunar. I'm here to replace Thavin. As far as I know he has been accused for actions he didn't do and now he is on the run if not worse." he gives them a moment. "What is your name, woman?" he asks the elf, "And I think we shall awaken the other one, 'Kata' was her name? and ask her what the meaning of all this." he gestures around.