Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Looking for a Game

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
lordbevan1
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Looking for a Game

Post by lordbevan1 »

Hello, I'm looking for a game. I've never played D&D before, and have been unable to find a nearby D&D group. I'm hoping to use this site as a learning experience. From a role-play standpoint, I'm looking for a game in which I can play a monster hunter-type character.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Looking for a Game

Post by JadedDM »

Hello lordbevan1, and welcome to Planet. I took the liberty of breaking your post off of River's thread and making it a new one.

There are a number of active games at the moment, but I'll only speak for my own. Both are 2nd Edition AD&D, a fairly simple to learn game.

War of the Lance takes place in the published setting of Dragonlance and focuses on a massive war sweeping the continent and the lives of a handful of people in a city flooded with refugees. The party consists of a number of people from all walks of life, just trying to survive the madness around them. In this setting, healing magic has not existed for over 350 years, and so life is gritty, dangerous and harsh. There is mass prejudice against pretty much everyone (knights, wizards, elves, dwarves, humans, etc.). The game is fairly new--most of the party is still level 1. It's an open sandbox, meaning you can do whatever you want--there are no mandatory quests. There are currently 5 players in the game.

Lost Souls: Octhania takes place in a generic homebrewed setting of my own creation and takes place in a series of tropical islands. It, too, is a sandbox game where there is no mandatory plot. Currently, the party (around level 4) is hunting down some pirates that are trying to assassinate one of the PCs. The setting is kind of an Age of Exploration period, with pistols, cutlasses, sabres, and all that jazz. There are currently 4 players in the game.

If you're interested in either, let me know. Even if you aren't, perhaps the other three active games might appeal to you instead. I'll let their own DM's make their own pitches.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Re: Looking for a Game

Post by mgbevan »

Such name coincidence!

I started D&D for the first time in September-ish, in the War of the Lance Campaign. It has been a really fun setting to learn in, and Jaded has excellent knowledge to help you learn the ropes.