Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Queen of Harts

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Queen of Harts

Post by BishGada »

Baeros only nods at Jocelyn statement.

================================
(OOC: Right, I didn't make the connection. Sorry. So I guess while being there he did give 10 GP donation for Octhanus, but especially for Jocelyn help during their adventure.)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val also settles her tab and follows Ouragana, Areilon and Andar. "Any idea on what kind of goods might be needed in Mond.?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Baeros (Harbor)
"Of course, we were planning to head there soon anyway," Saren says. "We'll depart as soon as you return. I'll have the guest cabin prepped for you and your group."

Ouragana, Areilon, Andar and Val (Queen of Harts Inn)
Val turns in her ring and receives a bill for her stay. It comes to a total of 6 GP and 4 SP (5 GP for the room, 4 SP for the fish, 1 SP for the veggies, 5 SP for the pitcher of ale, 1 SP for the fruit, and 3 SP for the raw tuna).

"From what I know of Mond, they probably want weapons more than anything else," Areilon reasons. "After all, that whole island is almost in constant civil war."

==========

Baeros (retroactively) donates 10 GP to the Church of Octhanus.
Ouragana pays 8 GP.
Val pays 64 SP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We'll be back then," Jocelyn says, almost cheerfully as she motions for Baeros to follow her back to the inn. "What can you tell me about Mond? Didn't you say something about being from there?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragna had looked enthusiastic when Val mentioned trading goods, but at Areilon's answer, her face falls.

"I think it's a great idea to make money of our own by trading instead of wating for windfalls from adventuring" she explains. "But I don't want to fuel a civil war by selling weapons to the combatants".
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As Baeros and Jocelyn return to the inn, Areilon blushes and covers her mouth with her hand. "O-Of course! I would never advocate such a thing, naturally. I was just speaking hypothetically. Obviously, that would be a horrible idea." She clears her throat. "War is bad," she adds abruptly.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I wouldn't be fueling war, I would be providing military assistance to the oppressed." Val says. "Let's go check out the armorer and weaponsmith."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn raises her eyebrows as she listens to the tail end of the conversation the three women were having. "We don't have a lot of time," she says. "They are waiting for us to leave," she adds as she heads up to the innkeep to pay her tab.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

On the way back to the inn Baeros tells Jocelyn, "Well, Mond is a great place. If you want to have a real freedom, that's the place. Obviously there are all the League attacks which is a bummer, but my home is located far from the cities so my family didn't experienced these guerrilla wars." he then sinks for several moments in thoughts. "I hope it is still that way. That they are safe. The woods we live in are wondrous. I remember staying out for days, playing, hunting together with my brother." he smiles, "And then there was the poisoning." his face turns dark. "It took us months to locate the ogres who poisoned the woods and slaughtered the animals but eventually we cleared them off. It took few years to the woods to recover..."

When they reach the inn Baeros is already consumed by anger, and his head snaps with horrific look at Val as she answers Ouragana. His dogs, sensing his anger starts to growl intimidatingly. Requiring all his will to relax again, he manages to clear his mind and calm his dogs. Only then being able to comprehend what his friends are talking about.

================================================
(Baeros also pays the bill and takes his belongings, BTW Baeros buys two blankets for the dogs)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana glares at Val: "So you know exactly what the situation is on Mond, and who is in the wrong?" she asks sarcastically. Seeing Bearos and the dogs tense up, she turns to them and asks: "Is anything wrong?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"No, I do not, but I will figure it out. I figure the oppressed will be those with the most gold." Val says. "I am off to see what is available. I will meet you at the ship in half an hour."

With that, Val heads to the weaponsmith and armorer straight away.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana just stands there, speechless. Then after a moment, she mutters to herself "well tha's someone who makes her morals according to her own interests".
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn turns in her ring and is given her bill. It comes to a total of 6 GP and 6 SP (5 GP for the room, 1 GP for the room service, 5 SP for the filet mignon, and 1 SP for the glass of wine).

Baeros also turns in his ring, and orders two blankets for his dogs. When given his bill, he finds it comes to 13 GP (5 GP for the room, 1 GP for the bread and cheese, 6 SP for the six slabs of raw meat, 5 SP for the steak and potatoes, 1 SP for the ale, 1 GP for the room service, 16 SP for the four glass of fine wine, 1 SP for the mashed potatoes, 1 SP for the salad, 1 SP for the nuts, 1 SP for the fruit, 1 SP for the beer, 2 SP for the scrambled eggs, 1 SP for the vegetables, 1 SP for the oatmeal, 1 SP for the juice, 2 SP for the butter, and finally 2 GP for the winter blankets.)

Val heads off to the local arms and armor stores to do some shopping, leaving the others to head back to the ship or do something else while they wait.

===========

Jocelyn pays 6 GP and 6 SP.
Baeros pays 13 GP and receives two blankets.

(OOC: Just let me know what Val wants to buy, Nuke.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The oppressed are the ones with the most gold?" Jocelyn asks, sounding a little confused. "I...I don't think it works that way."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well of course not" Ouragana sounds a little impatient. "Val wants to make a big profit selling arms and armor, and she will declare that the one with the most gold have the most moral reasons to fight the other group." She shakes her head. "I will have no part in this."