Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Queen of Harts

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Queen of Harts

Post by BishGada »

Baeros raises one eye brow as he is being charges for 13 GP, "Wow, when saying expenses are not a consideration, I was joking..." he half smiles. Joining Ouragana and Jocelyn he says, "Amm... Some people are selfish. But I don't think that defines Val, she journeyed with us in the jungle and never avoided helping us in order to protect herself. Maybe she just have a bad mood, being Half Orc and stuff. Let's just help her make the right choice with whom she sells the weapons too." he says as he looks after Val disappearing behind a street corner.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I agree with Ouragana, war-profiteering is awful," Areilon says, nodding in what she hopes looks like a sage-like manner. "Well, shall we wait for her by the ship? Is it as nice as the Bullring?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It looked nice to me," Jocelyn says. "Perhaps not as big as the Bullring. Anyway, we should head down there. We can wait for Val at the harbor. Also, the point of going to Mond is not to get involved in their civil war," she points out to the rest of them. "Baeros has family there, so if he wishes, we can visit them, but otherwise, we should try to stay out of it." That wasn't to say she wouldn't heal people that were in need of healing, but she wasn't going to choose a side in their war.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"What is the civil war on Mond about?" Ouragana asks as they go down to the harbor.

OOC: Sorry, I'll be off on holiday for the next three weeks. Ouragna will want to work with Thaddeus once again, she won't see much of the rest of the group during their trip.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val goes shopping looking to spend 400-500 gp on trades goods.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party--save Val--heads to the docks, following Jocelyn as she leads the way. Elisa, the first mate with the red hair, awaits them on the docks. "Hey, there you all are. Wait, aren't you missing someone, though? I distinctly remember an orc with you last night."

Although last night the woman wore a slinky red dress, today she is dressed for the sea. Her hair is kept out of her face with a black bandanna. She's wearing a white shirt, leather coat, leather boots, brown pants and leather gloves. A large cutlass is buckled at her belt.

==============

(OOC: Uhh, that's pretty vague, Nuke. I need to know what sort of 'goods' she intends to buy and how she plans to transport them to the ship.)
Attachments
Elisa Flores.jpg
Elisa Flores.jpg (128.54 KiB) Viewed 6485 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yes, Val has decided that this is the perfect time to do some shopping," Jocelyn says with a shake of her head. "I'm not exactly sure what her plan is, but she should be here in a few minutes."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

OOC: simple weapons and or armor. Planning on hiring a porter or two to help
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

A short time later, Val arrives with five porters. Each porter carries a large crate. Elisa directs them to the cargo hold. "Your friend doesn't exactly travel light, does she?" she asks. "Well, if that's everything, I take it we can depart now?"

==========

Val buys 450 GP worth of weapons and armor.
Val pays 5 porters 1 GP each to carry the goods to the Seleya.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros smiles as Val comes back. "Did you also buy something useful? Like ale and wine?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val comments off hand. "I assume that will be part of the fare." she says as she boards. "Yes Elissa, I am ready to depart."

As the ship clears the harbor, Val retreats to the stern castle and puts two fingers to her lips before letting forth a piercing whistle.

OOC: What did she buy, by the way?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I can show you to the guest cabin," Elisa says to the group. "We'll be departing in a few minutes."

She heads below deck to a small cabin with just barely enough room for three bunk beds. One on the left side, one on the right, and one in the middle. "It's not much, but we don't get many guests, either."

Meanwhile, back on deck, Mist surfaces off in the distance of the bay, where the water is deeper.

==========

(OOC: Presumably, she bought 'simple weapons and armor.')
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn takes the bunk on the right. "Some of my group might be useful to you on this ship," she offers.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val stays on the stern castle trying to judge the speed of the ship and looking to see if Mist can keep up.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm sure, but as the captain told you last night, we don't need any more crew," Elisa says to Jocelyn. "Rather, I believe you all mentioned something about paying for this trip with gold, right?"

The ship pulls up anchor and starts to sail out of the bay. Mist does her best to keep up, but it's clear the ship is faster than she is.