Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Queen of Harts

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Queen of Harts

Post by JadedDM »

"In what way does this lack of compassion manifest?" he asks, adjusting his glasses by pushing them back up his nose with his finger. "Do you not wish to heal them? I notice the, uh, woodsy fellow that travels with you...Baeros, was it? Is injured. Then again, I notice you are injured, as well."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No, I heal them. I've been meaning to heal myself and Baeros," Jocelyn admits. "My injuries just aren't bothering me that much, and I've had other things on my mind." Meaning, in layman's terms, that she forgot.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

He nods. "I see. Then perhaps you can elaborate on what you mean that you find it hard to show them compassion."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val wanders around the deck, just a little impatient, and bored, used to being ignored.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

After some time fishing Baeros returns to reality from his mind driftings. He looks around and seeing Val standing idle on the deck he waves her to come nearby. When she arrives he says grinning, "You seems bored! Come, join me fishing. It will be a splendid meal once we cook them!"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elisa, still at the wheel, notices Val just standing there. "What's wrong?" she calls. "You look like you're waiting for something!"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I find it hard to show compassion to people I don't really like," Jocelyn says bluntly. "Some homeless stranger on the street, sure, no problem. Some orphaned children, no problem. People I don't like...there is a problem."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I've nothing to do, and not sure how to stay occupied. I fish a little differently, and prefer it raw." She replies to both Elisa and Baeros
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh yes! Tough Val kills sea monsters using only her teeth! Eating them raw!" Baeros says somewhat mockingly but mostly humorously. Then his returns to his comfortable position and checks the nets.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn Blaine (Seleya, captain's cabin)
"I see," Saren says. "I suppose then, my next two questions would be: 'Why do you not like your traveling companions?' and 'Why do you travel with them if you don't like them?'"

Val Urgan (Seleya, middle of upper deck)
Elisa shrugs. "Suit yourself! It's going to be a few days before we reach the city of Deimos, so you might as well just enjoy the ride!"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, right now they are kind of my protection," Jocelyn says. She needed them. "And it isn't all of them I don't like. Just really one I guess. She is just...stuck on herself."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val continues. "Is there anything I can do?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn Blaine (Seleya, captain's cabin)
"That's it?" asks Saren, sitting up straight. "Well then, if that's the problem, I'd recommend you spend some time with her. Get to know her. Find some common ground. Then you won't dislike her anymore, problem solved."

Val Urgan (Seleya, middle of upper deck)
Elisa shrugs again. "I don't know! Is there? What can you do?" she asks with a smirk.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Uh, no," Jocelyn says, shaking her head. "I think I would rather stay disliking her."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"If there is any leather or wood aboard, I could do some crafting." Val replies. "Else I could clean or organize stuff."