Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Queen of Harts

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Queen of Harts

Post by Nuke »

"Yes, she is a whale, but she can take care of herself. But thanks for the warning." Val responds.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So, where is your captain?" Jocelyn asks Elisa as she enjoys the fresh sea breeze.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks around, searching for someone not too busy. Finding one of the crew he asks if there is anyway he can help and suggests fishing their lunch if he directs him to the fishing equipment cabin.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val Urgan (Seleya's crow's nest)
"I see," the woman says. She looks off into the horizon to keep an eye out for any danger.

Jocelyn Blaine (Seleya's upper deck, aft)
"Knowing him, he's probably in his cabin," Elisa says. She gives Jocelyn directions to it. "Do me a favor, and remind him to eat today?" she asks with a smirk.

Baeros Axewielder (Seleya's upper deck, bow)
Baeros is directed to the quartermaster who loans him a fishing net.

(OOC: How long does he plan to fish?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Remind him to eat?" Jocelyn asks. "Um, all right," she adds as she heads down to his cabin and knocks.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val looks for Mist for a bit before saying "Well, have a good watch." before climbing down to the deck.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn Blaine (Seleya, captain's cabin)
Jocelyn finds the door to the captain's cabin open. Inside is a fairly small bedroom/office. There's a bed in the back, fairly simple and plain in design. There's a similarly cheap dresser across from it. A lone porthole serves as a window, looking out to the sea. It lets in light that streams on a desk covered in papers and maps. It is at this desk that Saren currently sits, wearing bifocals and writing something on a scroll with a feather quill and ink vial.

He looks up when she knocks and nods and smiles. "Come in. Is there something I can do for you?"

Val Urgan (Seleya, middle of upper deck)
Val climbs back down the main mast, to the upper deck, confident in the knowledge that Mist was safe and following the ship, at least for now.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, apparently, I'm suppose to remind you to eat," Jocelyn says as she steps inside. "And you are probably busy right now, but I did want to talk to you more about Octhanus."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Happy to keep his hands busy, Baeros looks for a safe position at the back of the ship, close to the water where he can cast the nets. He secures both himself and the nets to the ship and casts them. He leaves the dogs on the deck so they won't trip to the water and from time to time throws to them small fish to play with. (OOC: It's not cruelty, it's the food chain, games and practice for the dogs). Between checking the nets he enjoys the solitude and let his mind wonder back to his childhood in the forests of Mond.

=====================================================================================
(OOC: Baeros doesn't have a real plan how long to stay there. Either until he feels sun burned or until he gets too hungry. Or any other disturbance from the crew or his friends.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Saren shakes his head. "Elisa exaggerates, I'm sure. Besides, I always keep a box of Hashadeth chocolate in my desk. Although I suppose she would argue that 'doesn't count.'" He gestures to the chair on the other side of his desk. "In any case, I can always make time for my favorite topic of discussion. What is it, specifically, about Octhanus you wish to talk about?"

Baeros Axewielder (Seleya's upper deck, aft)
Baeros and his dogs enjoy the salt air, the sea breeze and the solitude of fishing. Soon, he'll be back on Mond again.

================

(OOC: I'll calculate how many fish he catches at the end of the scene then.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I guess, in a way, I feel like I'm failed Octhanus," Jocelyn says. "It has been pointed out that I seem to follow the rules like it was some all powerful rulebook instead of feeling it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Saren leans back in his chair and strokes his beard thoughtfully. "Well then, perhaps you should stop doing that," he says, smirking slightly.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, that is so very helpful," Jocelyn says with a smirk of her own. "I guess it is hard to...feel compassion when you aren't traveling with people you like too much. Well, Val and Baeros are okay. Ouragana can be okay, sometimes, and I've been helping Andar for a year or so with some of his problems."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Saren leans forward a bit, his glasses catching a bit of sunlight, causing them to flash white. "It's hard to feel compassion...in general or just toward them, specifically?" he asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think it is just towards some of them specifically," Jocelyn admits.