Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Queen of Harts

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Queen of Harts

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't think he gave us an actual price," Jocelyn says thoughtfully.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, and he wouldn't," Elisa replies. "Think of it more as a donation. We'll accept whatever amount you are willing to give."

"So if we want to give one copper, we can?" asks Areilon.

"Yes, if that's all you want to give," Elisa replies.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks over her shoulder to Areilon. "They deserve more than just that," she points out. She could see the elf giving the crew that much for what they were doing for them.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Surely it would be unethical to take advantage of the generosity of a humanitarian effort," Ouragana says, handing Elisa a pair of platinum pieces.

"O-Of course! I was only joking, I'd never do something like that," Areilon insists, handing over a pair of platinum, as well. Andar gives Elisa a pair of platinum pieces, too.

==============

Ouragana pays 10 GP.
Areilon pays 10 GP.
Andar pays 10 GP.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val returns to the group "so that is the fare then I guess." She likewise pays the going rate.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn digs out three platinum, and hands them over to Elisa.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

OOC: The classic one-up :wink:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elisa accepts the platinum from the two women. "Thank you," she says. "We'll make sure this money goes to a good cause. You're free to explore the ship, just don't get in the crew's way or anything. We'll serve dinner in the mess hall tonight."

"Is any part of the ship off limits?" asks Ouragana.

Elisa shakes her head. "Nope, not really."

"Even the cargo bay?" asks Areilon.

Elisa shrugs. "Nothing down there but medical supplies, blankets, food and stuff. Oh, and whatever Val stored down there."

==============

Val pays 10 GP
Jocelyn pays 15 GP.

(OOC: You're free to explore the ship, speak with the crew, or talk among yourselves. When you're ready to move on, just let me know.)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val climbs the rigging to the crows nest and again lets out a piercing whistle, just to let Mist know what ay they are headed. After she is done, she sits to talk to the lookout. "How long have you been one board?" She queries.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at the small cabin... "What do you know? We will have to sleep in pairs!" he grins at the women around. "However you pair up, I'm not sleeping with Andar!" he adds. "And you can borrow my hammock to ease the crowdedness a little bit." He also pays the two platinum fee, a little bit reluctantly as he is not sure what is a fair price for a ride like they are having. Then he goes up to the ship deck his dogs near him, baffled and whimpering by the unsteady surface.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The person in the crow's nest is a human woman in her early to mid thirties. She has short, black hair, brown eyes, and black skin. She appears a bit surprised when Val joins her and lets out a piercing whistle. "I've been sailing the seas for over ten years, but I've only been on this ship for about six months," she answers. "You are...one of the guests we picked up in Tu'Valie?"

Meanwhile, below deck, Elisa accepts the platinum from Baeros and nods in thanks. "If you'll excuse me, I have duties to attend to." She then heads back up to the steering wheel to oversee things.

Stepping above deck, Baeros is greeted by a nice sea breeze and a lovely view the clear, blue ocean. The city of Tu'Valie grows smaller behind them as they sail off toward Mond. The sky above is grey and overcast, so there isn't much sunshine. Despite this, it's still a warm, summer day. Around him, the crew of the Seleya go about their business.

==========

Baeros pays 10 GP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We can figure out sleeping arrangements later," Jocelyn says before she makes her way up on deck to look for the captain.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Yes, I am a paying fare. Just trying to keep track of my friend." Val says. "Hope the weather holds."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros goes to the front of the ship, enjoying the wind and splashes of water. He is fascinated by the view of the sea and the speed of the boat. His dogs, quickly adjusting to the movement, find a new game and slide on the deck from side to side with the waves, each time Hopper's massive head bangs the wall, the boards creak.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn Blaine (Seleya's upper deck, aft)
Jocelyn climbs back up to the upper deck. She is greeted by a nice sea breeze and a lovely view of the clear, blue ocean. The city of Tu'Valie grows smaller behind them as they sail off toward Mond. The sky above is grey and overcast, so there isn't much sunshine. Despite this, it's still a warm, summer day. Around her, the crew of the Seleya go about their business. She spots Elisa at the wheel, leisurely steering the ship's rudder. There is no sign of the captain, though.

Val Urgan (Seleya's crow's nest)
The woman peers out toward where Val is looking, putting a hand over her eyes to shield them from the sun. "What is that...a whale? Your friend is a whale? Well, careful when we get to Mond. I've heard the locals have taken to whale hunting as the food situation grows desperate there."

Baeros Axewielder (Seleya's upper deck, bow)
Baeros and his dogs enjoy the view and the breeze, becoming accustomed to the ship's rocking and swaying. He had been on a boat before--the ship that brought him to Hashadeth in the first place. But it was nothing like this caravel. It was a beautiful ship; strong and steady, and quite large. It appeared that despite the captain's pacifism, it was also quite battle-ready. He spots two ballistae and a catapult on both the aft and bow.