Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 3: Mages, Mages Everywhere

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 3 - Mages, Mages Everywhere

Post by djhyland »

Darga looks on in exaspiration at Gregeddin's and Tulbas's seeming compulsion to risk everything for the belongings of the dead. Seeing that they're not likely to leave before they take everything that the dead possess, he moves to look out for approaching guards and soldiers. "If ya don't hurry up," he yells back at his companions, "we're all gonna be caught, th'elf girl too! An' we just did all this ta get her free from bein' caught!"
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

As Gregeddin picks through the cavalier he replies, "I appreciate your concern for haste Darga, however there is a larger part of me that senses this is not the worst these people have seen. And the guard with their clubs?... I do not perceive that threat to be so great. I may be wrong indeed, however this shouldn't take too long. Only last week I condemned a child in their struggle for survival, no principled nobility then, no remorse now. This place changes... people "
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We'll be fine for a couple of moments, Darga," Kendra tries to assure the dwarf as she straightens up. She approaches Daxia. "I realize you don't have any reason to trust the one that put you in this situation in the first place, but I hope that you will trust the rest of us."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The cavalier's cloak is a bit singed from Daxia's spell, but otherwise intact. Fortunately, the cloak is black so it's hard to tell unless one inspects it closely.

Searching the cavalier, Gregeddin and Tulbas come up with the following: plate mail (although it's quite heavy and removing it would take time as the cavalier is too busy bleeding out to be very cooperative), great helm, small steel shield, horseman's pick, short sword and sheath, and a silver signet ring. All of these items seem to be of high quality, befitting a knight of noble blood. Nothing else is found.
Tulbas wrote:"And I did return your Spellbook. I only loaned it, and in fact that action is what saved your life."
"After you copied whatever spells you liked from it, I'm sure," Daxia retorts, crossing her arms.
Kendra wrote:"I realize you don't have any reason to trust the one that put you in this situation in the first place, but I hope that you will trust the rest of us."
The half-elf uncrosses her arms and nods with a smile. "I am grateful for being saved, however...I am wary of what you might expect out of me in return," she adds with a frown. "And like your dwarf friend, I'm not sure how safe it is to hang around in this alley with all these dead bodies."

Haahqae hops down from the roof, using the stacked crates nearby, to join the others.

===========

Gregeddin dons the fine black cloak.

(OOC: Does Tulbas keep the two quivers and glaive he grabbed earlier or does he discard them?)
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

With Kendra's opinion that the party has more time than he imagines, Darga shakes his head and runs over to find his shiv, then hurries back to his post to continue his lookout.

(OOC: if he can't find his dagger in a short amount of time, he'll abandon the search to continue his watch for the approach of guards and/or soldiers.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It most likely won't remain safe for very long," Kendra admits. "Kynaston, we should retreat back to your home now," she points out.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"No, no, come to my uncle's shop. It is warded and much safer. Haaque, do you need these arrows?" Then, "Let's hurry up." he looks at Daxia calmly, "Daxia, I risked my life to save your, without me you would be now on your way to your uncle in Ergoth. You want to be petty regarding previous events, knock yourself out." and he starts leading the company to his home making sure they follow.

====================================
(OOC: I forgot Tulbas holds the weapons. :roll: Tulbas had dumped the weapons as soon as the soldiers were knocked out. )
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin mutters, "Damn, I had hoped there would be documents or further information to track down, never mind." as he lifts the Cavalier's possessions, except the plate mail, stuffing the helm and ring into his sack. Eyebrows raised at Tulbas' icy exchange Not how I would have played that, he thought to himself.

Rising, Gregeddin tosses the shield to Trench and the sword & sheath to Kendra, "I think we'll call that shield the 'defender of destiny' eh Trench?" Gregeddin chuckled, "That of any use to you Kendra? Oh and Darga could you use a second crutch?" offering the pick.

"I was actually thinking the Salmon might be in a interesting opportunity to check out, given that the occupants are otherwise disposed. I mean how much ransom do you think they brought?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Darga retrieves his dagger which still remains on the ground, off to the side. It seems to be in fine shape, so he replaces it on his belt.

Haahqae accepts the arrows from Tulbas, as he is all out. He puts them into his own quiver, then leaves the empty quivers behind. Tulbas leaves the glaive on the ground, as well.

Daxia harrumphs at the Silvanesti's attitude and moves toward Kynaston. "Is he always like this?" she asks.

"Uh, actually, we only just met him yesterday," the big warrior confesses. He accepts the shield from Gregeddin. It's smaller than his own, but looks to be of higher quality. "Destiny..," he mutters, looking it over.
Gregeddin wrote:"I was actually thinking the Salmon might be in a interesting opportunity to check out, given that the occupants are otherwise disposed. I mean how much ransom do you think they brought?"
"I'm not sure," Kynaston says. "It makes sense they'd leave most of their stuff on the boat, though. I think I'd rather get Daxia to safety first. After all, there might be more of them on the boat."

=========

Gregeddin's bard song's affect ends.
Tulbas is no longer encumbered.
Haahqae adds 40 sheaf arrows to his quiver.
Gregeddin adds a great helm to his sack.
Kynaston adds a steel shield to his pack.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Hmm yes, too bad we won't get Daxia's ransom money, it coulda gone a long way to helping protect her. And I wager also buy a round or two for us all on top. Thanks for dem dere arrows, I used my last one on sleeping beauty over there." Haahqae motions towards the dead soldier. Then intervening on Daxia and Tulbas's conversation. "Mages, mages, keep it down over there, I know we all have our differences, but is it a crime to want to read a good book?" Then as a side he adds: "Perhaps you could loan it to me sometime? I've run out of good reading material and I'm always on the search for exotic texts."

Resuming his self-proclaimed majestic voice Haahqae continues, addressing the whole group. "Anyways the point at hand here is that these valiant heroes just rescued a fair maiden from certain death, and the prevailing attitude should be jubilation, or perhaps haste to leave this place, not bickering and ill-feeling. Gregeddin, have you a song for this occasion?"
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra accepts the sword and sheaf, then shakes her head. "It is a nice sword, but I use long swords," she admits with a shrug. She could always sell it. "And let's leave the song for later. We don't want to wake up everyone," she points out.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas looks at Daxia again, "Don't worry, we only want to ensure your safety, and it probably means you will have to see me only a while longer. Now, please hurry and follow me." and he continues with everyone to his uncle's shop.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

While falling in step with Tulbas, Haahqae feels the need to expand on what he said. "Mebe he only wants to ensure your safety, I would also like a round of ale, to keep working as a close knit group of heroes to seek justice and resist evil, to put on a good show every now and then and to find out the answers to all these questions I've been asking. Where is that old gob' mage anyways? But don't worry, your safetyness is also on the list of things I want."
Veni Vidi Vici
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

That haste now seems of the utmost importance, Darga can only shake his head and follow along to where the others lead.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin rounds up the rear of the troupe, horseman's pick still in hand, perhaps Darga will want it later once the stress of the moment has passed, he thought.

He chimes in happily along with Haahqae, "Aye a rousing and mighty song is in order for, over a hearty pint of brew and warm meal. A toast to triumph over our adversaries! I'll think up a tune along the way, does anyone else have any hidden musical talents? I feel some glorious harmonies brewing."