Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Martin and Kulop Meeting

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Martin and Kulop Meeting

Post by BishGada »

As Kulop arrived Saltmarsh he was desperate for a job. Every night he hanged at the local bar and checked the streets for colleague thieves. This evening was no different, except that after five tankards of fine ale Kulop was drunker than the previous nights.
"Wooha... man you are going to fall if you keep moving like that." He told to the bartender. "Maybe then if you break something you can hire me to help you. Get you stuf... err... at good pricccee.. or sssomeshing..." *Hiccup* But even as drunk as he was he could manage pick some silver coins from the pockets of the other drunks in the bar to pay the bartender.
When he was on his way out, which for some reason involved stumbling into too many people, and was longer than what he remembered took him to get in, someone tapped on his shoulder. Kulop looked back and saw an explosion of wheeling colors (his own drunkenness didn't help so much), his first reaction was "Wohow, stop waving the fabric... I'm not sure what you want, but I didn't do it." After few seconds he suddenly thought it might be a job offer and he quickly added, "Unless of course you wanted me to do it, and then you can pay me right away." And he grins widely.

===========================================
(OOC: Stik, I don't think it will be appropriate that I'll post both sides of the meeting and conversation between Kulop and Martin, so please add your own posts with the assumption Martin heard Kulop talking to the bartender, if that's OK)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Martin and Kulop Meeting

Post by Stik »

Martin sizes up the staggering halfling and considers the situation. Drunk on the streets of a major seaport is an invitation to be press-ganged, but Saltmarsh is not that kind of place. He might run afoul of a local thief, but more likely he would wind up being picked up by the constables and sleeping it off in the blockhouse. And for the halfling to gain the negative attention of the constables would be unfortunate, particularly if he might be useful later.

"Of course you didn't do it. Nobody who has ever been stopped by anybody anywhere since time began did what they were accused of. Nor do I have aught that I would offer for you to do, at this time. But I would like to convey upon you some friendly advice, in case you might be interested in hearing it.

"Now normally at a time like this, friend, drinks would be the appropriate venue for such a discussion, and I would offer to buy you one, but you are clearly in no need of additional libations, so perhaps you might offer to buy me one, neh? Then we might discuss prospects of some future collaboration."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Martin and Kulop Meeting

Post by BishGada »

Kulop squeezes his eyes trying to follow the waving fabric... Then after finally spoting the face talking to him inside the fabrics he asks. "Err... you said something?" After the fellow repeats his short speech Kulop shakes his head... "You got it all wrong... I always need additional libations... I'm glad you offered it." He smiles, "I'm Kulop the wonder maker. When you need something reliably done, I'm the one." Then he goes to the bar making sure the man follows him.