Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Gustas (mgbevan) Private Thread

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Gustas (mgbevan) Private Thread

Post by mgbevan »

Gustas Character info

Name: Gustas
Human Fighter. Chaotic neutral.
Age 35
Height 6’3”
Weight 120kg / 255lb

Build, big and wide. Strong looking but age and drinking mask any muscle definition. E.g. Arms just look thick. Hand and nails are hard and calloused from ropes. Hair cut very short, more practical in the wind. Stubble, not shaving frequently.

Personality. Self interested, not well liked by the community. Has a bad reputation for being generally thuggish and mean. Approaching middle age, he lives alone as a bachelor, parents lost at sea a few years back, generally not bothered by this as so much time has passed and is common in the profession. Works as seaman crew on fishing boats or other boats. Picked up related skills from experience in career.

Now he drinks and argues in bars regularly. Generally paying on time keeps him in most establishments’ good books, but on the off days where he has had a particularly bad one it will take a few days for the landlord to cool off and have him back in.

Assuming that he is a more established Seaman he has some lodgings in place within town somewhere. Failing that, the remaining 3gp 1sp 6cp can go towards lodgings to keep the bow stuff or armour and weapons when not in use.

Because I’m not sure what to do with 300gp right now, I’m building it into the character that he is keeping it in the strong box in his accommodation where he is saving for a fishing boat of his own (350gp I have seen listed) which I think is a nice character touch and a good reason to take up some dangerous quest.

Also, could you suggest a magical item please, as I have no experience playing with them.
Last edited by mgbevan on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: Gustas (mgbevan) Private Thread

Post by Breila »

Before they part in the night, Geraldine asks Gustas: "Are you ready to bring the ship back to shoreshortly before noon tomorrow, and then join the group of adventurers when they search the rest of the ship? There should be someone from Saltmarsh with them."

(OOC: None of the other players have made their character sheets public, to show their abilities through the roleplay. If you'd like to do the same, you can delete the previous post, I have transferred all the data to my computer.)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"Noon's a li'l early for what I've got planned" Gustas says with a deep and husky chuckle as he finishes coiling up a rope.

Turning to face Geraldine he adds, "Yes I'll move the ship and do the thing. Now unless you got a drink here, I'm casting off."

(OOC, I'll hide it as well then)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Geraldine simply nods. "You do that."

(OOC: I hope the rest of the group start posting soon, you can then join the main thread. Gustas will be aboard when they come to the ship)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

With that Gustas waves a hand in acknowledgement and heads off to rack up a bar tab and ensure that the weather is foggy tomorrow morning.

(I'll drop in when they arrive then)