Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Searching the ship

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Searching the ship

Post by Breila »

So Kulop, and presumably Brax too, have returned to the min deck and joined Reller, Martin and Oceanus.

Oceanus looks at the halfling and asks no one in particular: "Could someone please translate what the little fellow has said?"
Incidentally, Kulop is the only party member who does not speak elven.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Indicating Brax, Reller says. "He likes your hair and wonders if Oceanus will join us, and he is asking what we are doing with Oceanus as well. And, he is asking if Oceanus is a spy. Plus, he wants to know who among us wants to be a spy since it is so fun."

Petting his young dragon-like companion, Reller will translate the conversation as it goes. Smiling at the idea, Reller adds. "It does not sound dull."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can understand him quite well Master Reller, even if he rambles constantly." She smiles widely at the suggestion she has nice hair. "Oceanus doesnt however."

"We have some proof that something is happening here, something wrong, I suggest we go to the Council and explain. From that we shall see what happens shall we?" (Brax is holding the chest, I think she is probably stong enough). "Will you come with us Oceanus? I think after some time even Drake here might trust you."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Seeing the confusion in Oceanus eyes Kulop starts speaking really slow with a lot of hand gestures, hopping around, ducking and hiding to explain what spies are. He doesn't notice Reller already explains things to the others as he is completely overtaken by his own act. Suddenly he hears about the council, stops dead on the spot and imediately appears at Brax feet smiling and asking, "Council? You know them? Who is their leader? Do they have counselors in the council? Do they have mages? Priests? Do they know about the war? Maybe THEY need spies!" he lifts his eyebrows"wwhoooaa..." he adds in wonder, "I just now realized that spying for some cause can be much more interesting that just spying... errr... without cause."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax giggles loudly sounding somewhere between an off key organ and rusty door, "You remind me of someone." She ruffles his hair and waits on Oceanus's response
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"It would be good indeed to talk to the council of this town" Oceanus answers Brax's question. "Perhaps someone there has heard about my people. Or at least we could establish oficial relations. Perhaps it is time that we of the Ocean converse with those of the Shore."[/i] His sideways glance at Drake seems to say ~They are perhaps more open than you are~.
Attachments
the known areas of the ship are revealed
the known areas of the ship are revealed
SeaGhost12.png (115.77 KiB) Viewed 9531 times
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Let's just check this last part of the ship." Kulop already runs to the doors to their left.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'd better follow him. Reller?" She grabs the warrior by the arm. "Come with me." She heads to door right behind the Halfling.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Nodding his head, Reller moves along with the group. He tells them in Common. "The ship might have some secret compartments, but it would take a while to search them out."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop checks the door. While doing so he answers Reller, "Well, we should keep some fun for later don't we? We keep the boat right?"

==================================================================
(Find/remove traps 41/55(Success),48/55(Success))
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I shall be sure to keep an eye out for such things." Brax responds deadpan.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller watches as Kulop checks the door. "Much easier than trying to burn through." He jokes in Common.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The door is not locked, and it opens to a cabin that seems to be symmetrical to the one they've just explored. The furnishings and fittings are of good quality and the place is clean and tidy.
A single bunk, made-up with bed linen, has its head against the bulkhead running along the center-line of the ship next to what appears to be a wooden partition squaring off the corner near the main deck.
In the center of the room is a polished wood table, apparently bolted to the deck. On the table is a silver bowl containing an assortment of fruit, a silver carafe half full of a light red liquid and a silver goblet. Against the table are set two upright, wooden chairs and a padded, leather chair.
On the deck under the porthole in the stern is a wooden, brassbound chest. Beside it is a pair of highly polished black leather boots.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop says, "Nice room!" while his hands already messing with the chest lock.

=================================================
(OOC: Find/remove traps 99/55(Fail), 54/55(Success))
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax steps in the room with a light whistle, "These people enjoyed looking after themselves, they really did." She comments as she slips into the bed. "Once we see what is in that chest I suggest we go back to the village." Patting the metal box she had placed next to her.

Borderlands 3 - Navi