Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Searching the ship

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Searching the ship

Post by Jenara »

"Reller, could you bring the large blade that Kulop here found? I'm guessing he left it on the deck."

(My mistake i wasn't paying enough attention)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller moves to find the blade that was left on deck. He nods his head in agreement and moves towards the passageway. "Of course." He tells the group in Elven.

Looking around as he moves, Reller locates the passage and doorway noting the route. He finds the blade in question and returns it if possible .
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh! Good! What a beautiful chest! Now smash it Reller!" Kulop says cheerfully. "Just make sure we have another container to carry it's content. I have some room in my bags."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller arches his brow and lifts the chest if possible. He looks around the place for something hard to smash the chest on and decides to drop it on the corner with a hard throw downwards, instead. (( 14 str check? )) "Are you sure?" He asks as he throws the chest with a grin on his face.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Ammmm... Sure? I don't know. Aren't you curios to see what's inside? I guess we can carry it to the city to a blacksmith and smash the lock there." He looks at Brax, "What do you say sweetheart?" he smiles.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You obviously meant 'Your grace.' Didn't you master halfling." Throwing her hands in the air Brax stops Reller with the chest. "Very well, I can take most of the weight, but its too bulky." Putting one on the other she takes one end and lools for Gustas to aid in carrying them.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: Oh, right, I remember Jenara told me that someone was ready to take over Gustas, and I hadn't replied to her yet. Well, I tried to contact mgbevan but got no answer, so I gess I can give the go-ahead.)

Together, the group carries the chest on the main deck. If they wish so, they can bring it to the pier via the plank.
Does anyone want to return into the room or do they decide they have seen everything and go back into town?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax will carry the chest with Gustas back to the house.

Ooc: The person in question suggested taking over Gunter, but to no avail.
Not sure where we go fro here.
Last edited by Jenara on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: House. not Hotel

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

To the hotel? Folks, you have a house to yourself, remember? Of course, if you prefer to play with it in the inn... your choice. :P
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

==================
(OOC: If we didn't search the room completely Kulop won't leave without satisfying his curiosity, so he looks around, knocks on the wooden boards creating the walls and the floor.
Can you repeat the description of the items in the room? Sorry for the trouble.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

This seems to be one of the 'master' cabins. The furnishings and fittings are of good quality and the place is clean and tidy.
A single bunk, made-up with bed linen, has its head against the bulkhead running along the center-line of the ship next to what appears to be a wooden partition squaring off the corner near the main deck.
In the center of the room is a polished wood table, apparently bolted to the deck. On the table is a silver bowl containing an assortment of fruit, a silver carafe half full of a light red liquid and a silver goblet. Against the table are set two upright, wooden chairs and a padded, leather chair.
On the deck under the porthole in the stern is a wooden, brassbound chest. Beside it is a pair of highly polished black leather boots.
From the center of the deck above, over the table, hangs a hooded lantern

(OOC: No troupble, Bish Gada. Just copy and paste.)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop throws another look at the room before they leave. "Wait! We haven't looked under the bed, under the table and didn't apprise the silver plate. And no one tasted the refreshments." He returns to the room and checks the bunk moving the linen, knocking on the wood searching under the pillow and under the bed itself. He also tries to move the bed and if he finds nothing he goes to search under the table.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax pauses. "Hurry up master Kulop! This is heavy."

Ooc: worse than a Kender

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop yawns, "Don't you want to try the bed? It seems comfortable." He winks at her.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller goes to explore the house with the group for a couple of minutes. He stays in the common area with the main group. Keeping to himself, he notes the dynamics of the group to himself silently.

Planning to make a trip to the inn, he waits for the general commotion to calm down while the group gets settled.