Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Searching the ship

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Searching the ship

Post by Jenara »

"Master Hafling?" Brax calls with some concern, rushing to his side she inspects the wound. "I assume finding traps isn't your best skill.."

With that she closes her eyes and raises her hands aloft. "Pelor, please help me, your servant humbly requests your aid." (Cure light wounds 1d8=8 Hp restored.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Luckily, Kulop got wounded with a proficient healer right in the room. With Pelor's aid, the wound closes over quickly and the halfling feels (physically) as if nothing had ever happened.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"No, no, no, no, no... you see... I was just adoring the decorations and so excited to see these beautiful patterns on the box that I forgot to kick the damned thing on the floor as is commonly practiced when dealing with such things. Anyhow, I'm again at your debt precious." Kulop winks at Brax and opens the box to see what's inside.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kulop'b ablle is indeed just that, because the box is entirely undecorated and has been lying on the floor all along... but the babble comes to an abrupt stop and is replaced by sounds of awe, because tht box is full of electrum pieces.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Master Hafling?" Brax asks ignoring the debt comment, Pelor did not seek to recover debts, his faithful were there to aid the populace, and at this point in time aiding the Hafling served that aim.

Looking easily over his shoulder Brax eyes the box cautiously, "Payment no doubt for the ironworks requested in these papers." She rubs her head with some concern, "We should pass this over to the authorities, as the People of Saltmarsh helped to recover this vessel.." She looks at the two other occupants, "While Pelor does not encourage the gaining of wealth, we have certain expenses, perhaps we should retain a small fee ? Such as five percent each, for the trouble?"

Hand in her white hair she waits for a response.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Err... the people helped recover the vessel?" Kulop looks confused. "I was under the impression that the vessel is ours." Kulop repeatedly takes handful of coins from the box and pours them back while speaking. Amazingly not all of the coins return and some mysteriously finds their way to his pockets.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We believe that this was a pirate vessel up until a short time ago, the City Watch of Saltmarsh helped recover it from the Pirates. Thus.." She slams down the lid and pulls the Hafling away in the same motion, barely avoiding catching Kulops hands as she does so.

"I will ensure we will all get a cut." She says shooting him a wink, "A fair cut, there will be no mention of the twenty or so coins you have about your person."

---------------------------------
She's no Paladin but she believes in fairness for everyone.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

OOC: and so we wait...
Only Jenara and BishGada log in regularly. I will send PMs to the other players to see who wants and can continue. We can finish this module alright with just two players, but going on to the next adventure is not feasible.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hmmm... I think the 'people' already got their fair cut by getting rid of the pirates that I'm sure damaged their business... So, this nice box. What do you think of renovating your house? I'm sure you can make use of money to buy more herbs and other medicines, to contribute to Pelor way on earth, to help more people. Maybe build a small shrine in his name, Right?" Kulops eyes shine brightly as he believes he found the soft point in Brax heart.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Are you trying to trick me master Kulop, Pelor has a church in Town, a shrine is not needed, i will donate most of my share to the upkeep, the house is not ours, only loaned by the townspeople. And as for the Pirates, I believe stopping them may have killed some trade and effected the town, look." She shows him the notes regarding the ironmonger. "I believe it quite possible that these were to make weapons." She sighs.

"I may look like a monster that parents tell their children to be afraid of, but please understand I know right from wrong." She moves to sit on the chest, red eyes flashing brightly, "The people of Saltmarsh deserve some of this money, and they will get it."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop doesn't hold up on the matter for even one more second as his mind already races to other subjects, "Oh well. If it pleases you it pleases me. What did you find in these papers? Weapons you say? What kind? So much Iron for weapons? Someone is planning to attack the city? Is there army on the way? Or maybe they build war machines? Wow! Maybe we should join them. Where are they going? Is it written there? I bet it's a wild country. Mountains.. Lakes... virgin ground. Or maybe all this iron is to build a bridge? Or a new town? Or... hmmm... maybe a mine? Wow! That can be great no? What are they mining? Diamonds? Or maybe it's a new resource? A magical resource! Maybe they build 'Fortune choosers' that works better than the stupid thing we found earlier... It must be fascinating. I must investigate it." he suddenly returns to reality and awareness about the people around him and adds, "Err... We must investigate it..." he adds and then after a moment... "Please??" looking at their eyes with wonder.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Do you ever..?" The Priestess starts to ask and the sighs, "They had a ship, I'm guessing it wasn't nearby, the iron they wanted to use must be for someone nearby." She ponders a moment calling on Pelor for a moment of peace and clarity.

"We need to take the paperwork to someone in Saltmarsh, someone who might understand this." Paperwork in hand she tries to ignore the stream of words from the Halfling.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Let me help you with that." Kulop runs at Brax feet and grabs some papers. "You know, I can create wonderful things from papers! Wanna see??" and he returns back to the table and folds two papers to create a beautiful paper rose. "Here, for my fair lady." he hands her the rose. "And I can also make birds that fly, wolves, towers, stars... Oh this is wonderful." He sits at the table completely occupied with his imagination.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax makes sure he is only using the love letters, those holding no interest to her, what did she know of love? Dragging her mind back to the present she starts to collect the important ones, offering Kulop sa smile.

"Thank you, I will treasure it." Taking the rose as offered she slips it into her hair.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop claps with joy but then becomes distracted again by Brax's hair, "Wow! Your hair flows so gently. Like a small spring. Talking about water... What are we doing with Oceanus? Will you join us?" he turns to Oceanus, "What do you want to do? Do you know about this iron delivery and the war that is coming? Are you a spy? I bet it is very exciting job. I want to be a spy some day. Sneaking all day and the manipulations. It is such a a wonderful game! Did we finish the search in the ship? Let's be done with it and decide what to do next! Who is in favor of becoming spies?" Kulop's hand shots up and he flashes a wide smile at the others.