Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Searching the ship

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Searching the ship

Post by BishGada »

Kulop tries to find a tool to pry open the box.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kulop soon sees he needs no tool to open the box, it has a simple metal clasp.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Wow!" Kulop exclaims. "Who leaves boxes unlocked... *tsk* *tsk*" he shakes his head while opening the box.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Is there an adze blade around in the next space" Reller asks with a smile as he finds a tasty morsel for his companion in the room. "It would appear that there is a Shiny in there." He pets the creature in the immediate time as he regains his balance, though.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

A trapped, unlocked box would be a fine bait, but here, the ship's crew simply stores its nails. They seem to be of good quality. A few of them, lying on top, look as if they had been used before and salvaged, they're a little bent. Kulop can now decide if he wants help to crawl back through the opening he came in, or exit via the door in the bulkhead to his right.

With a soft chirp, the pseudodragon accepts the piece of ham Reller cut off for him, and a feeling of contentment washes over the mage. The animal makes itself comfortable on Reller's shoulder, and the elf's vision clears as the pseudodragon breaks the rapport for the moment.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"A 'Whatzy blade'?" Gustas calls back, "Think you're gonna have to point that one out to me", his memory of weapons truly incapacitated.

Poking his head into the space he asks Kulop, "You want a hand getting out of there or is there another way?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I will try the door" Kulop says his hands already opening the door.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kulop opens the door without difficulty and finds himself in a familiar room: The lizardmen's quarters they have searched first, before going downstairs.
The main deck as you have explored it.<br />You came out of the second door from the top on the right when you left the lower deck.
The main deck as you have explored it.
You came out of the second door from the top on the right when you left the lower deck.
seaghost12.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 6632 times
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

'Wow' Kulop thinks to himself, 'They built identical rooms' he then steps outside and returns to the room where the others are in. 'Amazing... Is it a duplication of the people? A copy of my world?' Accepting the fact he had moved to a parallel dimension Kulop tries to see how the people will react to him. "Hello!" he shouts behind them smiling from ear to ear. Then a brilliant idea pops to his mind. If he passed to another duplicate world, tracing back his route will return him to his own. Without waiting for the duplicated people response Kulop quickly runs aroud the rooms back to where he was and calls for Gustas help to come back through the small opening. But then he sees the images of the people he knows and still can't tell if he is back in his original world or again was transformed to another duplication. "Hello?" he asks pretty much concerned.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gustas reaches his arm out and returns Kulop through the gap, somewhat baffled as to why Kulop was saying 'hello' over and over again, he suggests "If you like echoes, the bilges are great for them! I can take you down and show you where they are!"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"But it feels like the smell is echoed too and multiply it's stench! I'll pass." Kulop says, happy this duplication of Gustas is so similar to the one he knew before as to share his memories.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"Best echoes in town, but suit yourself." Gustas shrugs "Say, do you know what a 'Whatzy blade' is? Reller said something about something shimmery in it or something when you were gone."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I think I saw something Whatzy in the storage room. I barely recognized the stuff there and kept asking myself, Whatzy this? Whatzy that? How did Reller knew about it?" Haaque squints at the duplicated Reller. 'Obviously THIS Reller is very suspicious...'
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"The funny birdy was half way flown off him and he was half way to falling over - and he hasn't had anything to drink - so there must be a shiny Whatzy Blade! Have you found it yet?" Gustas explains while chewing a hanging piece of dried meat
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Not sure. I'll go again to look for it and you can ask Reller for more specific details and tell me." with that Kulop readies himself to jump again through the small entering but then decides against it and go around through the door. This time he looks for anything that looks like a shiny blade.