Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Searching the ship

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Searching the ship

Post by Breila »

Kulop plays around with the chest, looking for traps, and doesn't find any. Next, he picks his thieve's locks

(open locks roll please)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop tries to pick the lock while whistling in respond to Brax whistle. "I like whistle games." he says happily.

======================================
(OOC: Invisible castle is down. Kulop have 30% at pick locks, can you please roll it for me or would you want to wait for Invisible castle to work again?)
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller stands by and looks around as Kulop works the lock. He suggests, "I am glad there were no magics protecting it." Pausing, he adds in a low voice, "I hope."

Locking eyes with his dragon companion, Reller makes a silly face and arches his eyebrows for its entertainment. Mentally, he is exploring his ties to the creature even as Kulop works the lock.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kulop tries his luck on the lock, but fails (I rolled a 45. I will look at Jenara's suggestion tomorrow, for a speedy answer, I chose to roll with my dice tonight).

Reller feels a surge of amusement wash over him and he's quite certain that's his companion's feeling. Then the pseudodragon sits still, closes its eyes, and suddenly, the scale of its "eyebrows" change color, pulsating softly from brown to green and back. While doing that, it feels very pleased with itself.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax watches the Halfling attempt to pick the lock and sighs deeply, "I guess we won't be getting in that way, please stand aside." Leaving the box resting on the bed she grabs the padded chair (I'm guessing as its padded the frame is quite sturdy?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well... I was distracted and now the lock is stuck." Kulop frowns at the box. "Playing games huh!?" he rebukes at the box.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Brax picks up the padded chair, but as she does so, she realises that it's not quite heavy enough to break the chest. The strange tool Kulop has found one deck below might do the trick, though.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We need something big and heavy, did anyone find such a thing?" Brax asks putting the chair down, still it would look good in her room..

(I'm assuming Kulop will reply..)

"You did, Reller, could you go and get it with him please?" She asks the warrior.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh! Oh! the fortune chooser! Maybe it was all about choosing the right tool for the right job? Great! let's have it! Luck shines upon us." Kulop says cheerfully.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Does he have to get it, or did he bring it along?)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Nodding his head, Reller goes to help get the piece. "Of course,I shall help as much as possible.", he tells the group in Common. Looking around, he makes sure there is room to go help. "The ship is nearly priceless in a fishing township. Luck is upon somebody.", he jokes with the group in Common.

Keeping an eye out for Elvish relics, he is aware of his surroundings at all times.

(( OOC: Reller will help move the item if we need it. He lets Kulop lead, though. ))
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh! Goody!" Kulop reach for the knife and gestures everyone to keep distance. "OK... let me aim..." and he tries to knock the chest open.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Gabbing his arm before he can throw Brax shakes her head, "I said big and heavy, not a dagger Master Kulop!" Is the chest held down? Otherwise she will take it along with the metal box.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Big and heavy?!? Don't you know by now, my beautiful mistress that size doesn't matter?? It's a matter of precision and persistence. P&P. That's it!" He winks at Brax at tries to open the chest.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The chest can be carried. But as sea chests go, they are meant to be carried by two people, so Brax couldn't just keep it under her other arm. The metal box is weighing her down already.
And I guess the adze is lying somewhere on the main deck where Kulop left it since it's quite large for him to carry around. So Reller (who is a mage, not a warrior, Jenara) could easily fetch it.